* Foto kingdom of Suppa: link
About the king (2018)
21 march 2014: Datu Suppa, Kuneng Bau Maseppe, Datu Lolo died; he was king of Suppa since ca. 1992.
18 march 2018: Hj Andi Dala Uleng Bau Massepe was installed as Datu Suppa the 30th.
Hj Andi Dala Uleng Bau Massepe was officially crowned as Datu Suppa the 30th in Pinrang regency of South Sulawesi. The appointment took place at Bau Massepe Square, sub-district Suppa, Pinrang District
History of the kingdom of Suppa
In the 14th century Manurung’nge was the first Datu of Suppa.
Pinrang area before the 20th century is a royal territory, called the Kingdom of Sawitto. This kingdom oversees small kingdoms, such as Batulappa, Kassa, Suppa, Alitta, Sidenreng, Rappang.
These kingdoms, were royal entity, called “Five Ajattappareng”. Five Ajattappareng, was a treaty covenant agreed by 5 kings in a meeting that took place in Suppa in 15th century, covering the kingdoms of Sawitto, Suppa, Sidenreng, Rappang, and Alitta. Then joined the kingdom of Batu Lappa and Kassa kingdom which is a group of Massenreng Pulu alliance. The kingdom of Sawitto achieved its fame in the fifteenth century, when the Sawitto Kingdom was led by La Paleteang, the 14th king of Sawitto.
The establishment of the Suppa kingdom begins with the appointment of Manurung’nge as the first Datu Suppa by those who witnessed and heard the news of his arrival in the land of Suppa.
In Lontara Suppa is told manurung’nge mompo ri lura malowangnge (appears in a large land: meaning is sea. Pen.)
About the Confederation of Ajatappareng
The Confederation of Ajatappareng consisted of the kingdoms Suppa, Sawitto, Sidenreng, Rappang dan Alitta.
The Confederation of Ajatappareng was a form of a partnership agreement between 5 kingdoms of South Sulawesi. This Confederation was founded in the 16th century.
The Confederation of Ajatappareng was formed to create prosperity and peace in order to organize the common life in Ajatappareng area.
The formation of this partnership was also in response to the increasing external demand for export commodities, along with the presence of foreign traders, especially Malay traders in the region.
– For full history, click here
Source (only indon. language)
– Kerajaan Suppa di Wiki dan daftar raja: https://id.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kerajaan_Suppa
– Sejarah kerajaan Suppa 1: http://www.haeruddinsyams.com/2014/01/lembaran-sejarah-kerajaan-suppa_15.html
– Sejarah kerajaan Suppa 2: http://www.haeruddinsyams.com/2014/05/sejarah-kerajaan-suppa-part-ii.html
– Tentang Soaraja Datu Suppa: http://andioddang.blogspot.co.id/2011_10_01_archive.html
– Suku Bugis di Wiki: link
– Versi Daftar Raja 1: http://www.worldstatesmen.org/Indonesia_princely_states2.html
– Versi Daftar Raja 2: http://www.haeruddinsyams.com/2014/02/silsilah-datu-suppa.html