The kingdom of Insana is located on the island of Timor, District Timur Tengah Utara, prov. Nusa Tenggara Timor.
District Timur Tengah Utara
Location of Timor
* Foto kingdom of Insana: link
About the king
Taolin is the dynastyname of the kingdom of Insana.
King Theodorus Lorenzo Taolin
History of the kingdom of Insana
The Taolins were actually the executive power behind the lawmakers: the kesers, or Rajas of the Usfinit dynasty. Because the Dutch didn’t find these symbolic rajas very usefull and later they also proved not be very usuable for the modern way of governing, the Taolins were used as Rajas and remained so until present time. He is a Roman Catholic Raja. His wife is from Protestant Savu. The Raja has been and is now again local government representative and also chief of the council of West-Timorese Rajas (Dewan Usif Timor). The Raja is known for his big knowledge of history and culture of the island. His palace in OElolok (in very beautifull area) is known for very special local woodcarvings. The palacecompund is trully a cultural object of the highest order.
Map of kingdoms on Timor, 1900
The Palace: Sonai Oelolok
Palace of king Taolin is located in Oelolok, 35 km from the city of Kefamenanu.
Old maps of Timor
For old maps of Timor 1521, 1550, 1600, 1650, 1733, 1700-an, 1762, 1900: klik here
Source (only indon. language)
– Sejarah kerajaan Insana: http://insanaku.blogspot.co.id/2015/05/sejarah-kabupaten-timor-tengah-utara_13.html
– Tentang Raja Insana (2011): http://www.kerajaannusantara.com/id/news/404-Raja-Insana-Kunjungi-BKPBM-
– Tentang Raja Insana, Taolin: http://travel.detik.com/read/2010/12/09/090728/1512817/1025/mengenal-kerajaan-insana-dan-istana-raja-taolin
– Tentang dinasti Taolin: http://riaulingga.blogspot.co.id/2005/08/insana-west-timor-ntt.html
– Sejarah Kab. Timor Tengah Utara: https://id.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kabupaten_Timor_Tengah_Utara