About the king (2018)
There is no information about the king today.
History of the kingdom
The kingdom of Siguntur was a kingdom that existed since the 1250 after the collapse of the Kingdom of Dharmasraya. This kingdom lasted for some time until it was controlled by the Pagaruyung Kingdom, but until today the heirs of the royal palace are still there and still hold the title of Sutan.
Siguntur royal history is largely unknown, but according to local sources the kingdom of Dharmasraya was located in Swarnabhumi (Sumatra). Before Islam entered into Minangkabau region or Jambi, the kingdom of Siguntur was a small kingdom under the auspices of the Malay kingdom, but it was once also connected to the kingdom of Srivijaya, Majapahit, Singasari, and Minangkabau.
In 1275, Siguntur was the center of the Malay kingdom, with king Mauliwarmadewa Sri Buana Raya Mauliawarmadewa as king of Dharmasyraya. In the Amonghapasa inscription is mentioned, that in 1286 Sri Maharaja Tribhuwanaraja Mauliawarmadewa lived in Dharmasyraya residing in rural areas of Riau. In other words Swarnabhumi kingdom at that time had moved from Jambi to Dharmasyraya. Probably in the 12th century the kingdom of Siguntur came from the kingdom of Swarnabhumi Malayupuri Jambi.
List of kings
I Periode Hindu-Buddha
* 1250-1290: Sri Tribuwana Mauliwarmadewa
* 1290-1300: Sora (Lembu Sora)
* 1300-1343: Pramesora (Pramesywara)
* 1343-1347: Adityawarman (kanakamedinindra) – bersamaan dalam memerintah Dharmasraya dan Pagaruyung.
* 1347-1397: Adikerma (putra Paramesora)
* 1397-1425: Guci Rajo Angek Garang
* 1425-1560: Tiang Panjang
II Periode Islam
* 1575-1650: Abdul Jalil Sutan Syah
* 1650-1727: Sultan Abdul Qadir
* 1727-1864: Sultan Amiruddin
* 1864-1914: Sultan Ali Akbar
* 1914-1968: Sultan Abu Bakar
* 1968 – sekarang, today: Sultan Hendri
– Source: Wiki
This palace was built around the 17th century, when the Islam developed in the area of Siguntur. Palace of Siguntur has 5 gonjong and one Rangkiang at the front of the Palace. The roof of the longhouse is made of zinc, but according to Aciak Sarinah (a descendant of the king Siguntur 9) before the longhouse was restored, there was a thatched roof. At the front of the longhouse there are remains of the time before Islam, i.e. a menhir “mejan” and the foot of the statue. Before the restauration the palace of Siguntur had carvings.
– Sejarah kerajaan Siguntur di Wiki: Wiki
– Sejarah kerajaan Siguntur: http://stikes-perdhaki-charitas.ptkpt.net/_b.php?_b=infop2k&id=41754
– Sejarah kerajaan Siguntur: http://kata-siapaa.blogspot.co.id/2015/05/ada-kerajaan-di-dharmasraya-masa-sih.html
– Asal usul kerajaan Siguntur: http://www.warnetgadis.com/2015/06/asal-usul-kerajaan-siguntur-dharmasraya.html
– Peninggalan kerajaan Siguntur: http://dodichandra.blogspot.co.id/2013/09/peninggalan-kerajaan-siguntur-abad-17.html
– Tari Toga, tarian langangan tradisi kuno kerajaan Siguntur: http://www.jeraminews.com/2015/10/tari-toga-tarian-larangan-tradisi-kuno.html
– Kerajaan Siguntur minta peninggalan kerajaan dipindahkan ke Dharmasraya: http://nasional.tempo.co/read/news/2008/01/30/058116520/kerajaan-siguntur-minta-peninggalan-kerajaan-dipindahkan-ke-dharmasraya