History of the kingdom
Sibayak Sarinembah, or kingdom of Sarinembah was located in Karo, precisely in the village Sarinembah approximately 10 Km from the sub Munthe. The area is believed to be the place of origin of surname Meliala Sembiring, and this kingdom was one of the five kingdoms in Karo besides Sibayak Love, Sibayak Linga, Sibayak Barusjahe, and Sibayak Kutabuluh.
Although called a kingdom, Sibayak sarinembah and kingdoms in the land of other karo not have an army like those kingdoms in Java Simelungun even though.
The kingdom of Sarinembah consisted of 4 Urung:
a. Urung XVII Kuta located in Sarinembah
b. Urung Perbesi located in Perbesi
c. Urung Juhar located in Juhar
d. Urung Kutabangun located in Kutabangun.
Kingdoms on North Sumatera, 19th century
Kingdoms in Tanah Karo
Kabupaten Karo was a part of the Kingdom of Aru.
Later in Tanah Karo were 5 kebayaka (kingdoms):
– Kingdom of Sibayak Linga (origin clan Marga Karo-Karo Sinulingga)
– Kingdom of Sibayak Sarinembah (origin clan Marga Sembiring Meliala)
– Kingdom of Sibayak Suka (origin clan Marga Marga Ginting Suka)
– Kingdom of Sibayak Barusjahe (origin Karo–Karo, Barus)
– Kingdom of Kutabuluh (Clan of Perangin-angin).
Before there were kingdoms in Tanah Karo, the society consisted only of local people. At that time the leader was appointed by the clan, and was assisted by the clan.
Around 1607-1636 Aceh came under the leadership of Sultan Iskandar Muda, who brought the Islam to Karo. The king of Aceh, called Tuan Kita, formalized 4 kingdoms, called Sibayak. They were ruled by four kings, who had vast areas.
The districts in North Sumatra which are colored, have a majority of Batak population
– Kerajaan Kabupaten Karo: link
– Kerajaan Tanah Karo: http://singarimbunhoax.blogspot.co.id/2013/03/kerajaan-di-tanah-karo.html
– Kerajaan Tanah Karo:
– Urung dan Sibayak dalam Pusaran Kolonialisme: link
– Sejarah Suku Karo: