The kingdom of Simbang is located in the Maros region on Sulawesi. Prov. South Sulawesi.
* Foto old Sulawesi, tribes on Sulawesi and ancient sites: link
About the king today (2018)
Foto: a member of the dynasty of the kingdom Simbang.
History of the kingdom
The territory of the Kingdom of Simbang was located between the Kingdom of Bone and Gowa. It covered 24 villages. First centre was Sampakang.
Simbang was established as a kingdom by La Sanrima Daeng Pabelo, who was titled Baso Mallawati Ana’batta’na Gowa. He was the son of La Mappareppa To
The territory of the Kingdom of Simbangwas located between the Kingdom of Bone and Gowa. It covered 24 villages. First centre was Sampakang.
La Sanrima Daeng Gowa Pabelo left the country, disappointed over the Dutch intervention in the succession in the kingdom of Gowa; he was supposed to replace his father to the throne, but the Dutch handed it over to the I Mappau’rangi Karaeng Boddia. As a result of his disappointment he established the Kingdom of Simbang around in 1709.
Areas which became under the law of the Kingdom of Simbang were as many as 24 villages, namely Samanngi, Tanetea, Tana Takko, Bontobua, Nipa, Sege–Segeri, Banyo, Bontokamase, SambuEja, Camba–Camba, Rumbia, Allu, Bukkangmata, Tallasa, Bontopa ‘dinging, Pakalu, Garangtiga, Patte’ne, Sampakang, Batubassi, Pakere, Gantarang, Aloro, and Bantimurung. In 1963, Simbang was transformed from a kingdom into the Kecamatan with the name Kecamatan Bantimurung, with Camat (ruler) I ialah Haji Andi Sirajuddin Daeng Maggading Karaeng Simbang XII
List of kings
Urut-urutan Raja yang memerintah Simbang sejak tahun 1709 – 1963 adalah:
1. La Sanrima Daeng Pabelo Baso Mallawati Ana Batta’na Gowa Karaeng Ammallia Butta
2. La Pajonjongi Karaeng Appakaluaraka Butta
3. La Pagala Daeng Masarro Karaeng Sabuka
4. La Sengka Daeng Nimalo Karaeng Kanjilo
5. La Rassang Karaeng Bukkuka
6. La Baso Daeng Ngitung Karaeng Cidutoa
(Pemerintahan dijalankan oleh Kare Daeng Manja Sullewatang Simbang)
7. La Sulaimana Daeng Masikki
(Pemerintahan dijalankan oleh Kare Daeng Sitoro Sullewatang Simbang)
8. La Dolo Daeng Patokkong Petta CorawaliE ri Makuring
(Pemerintahan dijalankan oleh Kare Daeng Mattari Sullewatang Simbang)
9. La Oemma Daeng Manrapi Karaeng Turikale Matinroa ri Bonto – muloro
10. Haji Andi Patahoeddin Daeng Paroempa Sullewatang Turikale
11. Andi Amiroeddin Daeng Pasolong Karaeng Co’bo-e
12. Haji Andi Siradjoeddin Daeng Maggading.
History of the kingdoms in the Maros region
The Bungaya 1667/1669 Agreement between Sultan Hasanuddin Raja Gowa XVI and Admiral Cornelis Spelman turned out to have a major impact not only for the Kingdom of Gowa as an aggrieved party but also to bias the influence to other kingdoms including the kingdom around Gowa including Maros.
In the Bungaya Agreement (1667), Maros was designated as having direct rule from the Dutch so that the forms of government of the kingdoms in Maros were formulated in the form of Regentschaap led by local rulers of the Regent (Regent).
Around the XVII century in Maros Region and its surroundings were about 8 independent kingdoms. The kingdoms were:
NB: kerajaan = kingdom
– Sejarah kerajaan Simbang: http://hasri2jujursejarah.blogspot.co.id/2014/03/kerajaan-kerajaan-di-maros.html
– Daftar raja Simbang: http://vhazollee.blogspot.co.id/2012/01/kerajaan-kerajaan-di-maros-bagian-i.html– Kerajaan-kerajaan di Maros: http://hasri2jujursejarah.blogspot.co.id/2014/03/kerajaan-kerajaan-di-maros.html
– Kerajaan-kerajaan di Maros: http://sokpintarsoktahu.blogspot.co.id/2014/09/sejarah-kabupaten-maros.html
– Kerajaan-kerajaan di Maros: http://gustinifal.blogspot.co.id/2015/10/sejarah-maros-sulawesi-selatan.html
– Perjanjian Bungaya: https://id.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perjanjian_Bungaya