The kingdom of Tabanan: 1343 – 1906. Located in the district of Tabanan, province of Bali.
About the king
Present Cokorda (King) the XXIV (2014): Ida Cokorda Anglurah Tabanan; raja ke-24 Tabanan.
On 21 march 2008 I Gusti Ngurah Rupawan, son of Cokorda Ngurah Gede Mabiseka Ratu, with the title Ida Cokorda Anglurah Tabanan became King of Tabanan the XXIV, seated in Puri Agung Tabanan.
History of the kingdom of Tabanan
In Bali, the king’s official residence is called “Puri Agung“. The existence of Puri Agung Tabanan is related with Kenceng Arya, who is believed to have participated with Gajah Mada, when Majapahit Empire conquered the kingdom of Bedulu in Bali in 1343.
Dalem Sri Kresna Kepakisan, who became King of Bali, and was seated in Samprangan, then gave power to Aryan Kenceng to rule Tabanan; the center of the kingdom was Puri Agung, located in Pucangan (Buahan), Tabanan.
On 29 September 1906 sons and brothers of Puri Dangin Tabanan, of Puri Pemecutan Tabanan and of Puri Denpasar Pemecutan Tabanan were exiled to Sasak Lombok: Puputan Bali (massal suicide).
Now descendents of Cokorda Ngurah Ketut live in the Puri Agung of Tabanan. I Gusti Ngurah Putu (Son of Putera Sirarya Ngurah Agung Tabanan, Raja Tabanan the XX) is from Puri Pemecutan in Tabanan.
9 kingdoms on Bali, ca 1900
List of kings
* c. 1434: Shri Arya Kenceng
* Shri Magada Nata, child of Arya Kenceng
* Arya Nangun Graha (Prabhu Singasana), child of Magada Nata
* Gusti Ngurah Tabanan (Prabhu Winalwan), child of Arya Nangun Graha
* ..?..-1647: Gusti Wayahan Pamedekan, child of Gusti Ngurah Tabanan
* 1647-1650: Gusti Made Pamedekan, brother of Gusti Made Pamedekan
* c. 1650-..?..: Gusti Ngurah Tabanan (Prabhu Winalwanan), ruled 2 times
* ..?..-1654: Prabhu Nisweng Panida, child of Gusti Made Pamedekan
* 1654-..?..: Gusti Made Dalang, brother of Prabhu Nisweng Panida
* Gusti Nengah Malkangin, child of Gusti Wayahan Pamedekan
* Gusti Bolo di Malkangin, child of Prabhu Winalwanan
* Abad ke-17: Gusti Agung Badeng (regent), assisted Gusti Made Pamedekan
* c. 1700: Prabhu Magada Śakti, child of Prabhu Nisweng Panida
* Anglurah Mur Pamade, child of Prabhu Magada Śakti
* 1734: Gusti Ngurah Sekar, child of Anglurah Mur Pamade
* Gusti Ngurah Gede, child of Gusti Ngurah Sekar
* ..?..-1793: Gusti Ngurah Made Rai, brother of Gusti Ngurah Made Gede
* 1793-1820: Gusti Ngurah Rai Penebel, brother of Gusti Ngurah Made Rai
* c. 1820: Gusti Ngurah Ubung, child of Gusti Ngurah Rai Penebel
* c.1820-1844: Gusti Ngurah Agung I, grandchild of Gusti Ngurah Made Rai
Under protection of the Dutch, 1843-1906
* 1844-1903: Gusti Ngurah Agung II, child of Gusti Ngurah Agung I
* 1903-1906: Gusti Ngurah Rai Perang (Gusti Ngurah Agung III), child of Gusti Ngurah Agung II
Conquered by the dutch, 1906
* 1929-1939: Cokorda Ngurah Ketut, nephew of Gusti Ngurah Agung
* 1939-1944: Regen, Gusti Ngurah Wayan (Puri Kompyang Tabanan)
* 1944-1987: Cokorda Ngurah Gede (died 1987), child of Cokorda Ngurah Ketut
Tabanan united with theRepublik Indonesia, 1950.
There are 3 palaces in Tabanan
1) Puri Agung Tabanan
Puri Agung Tabanan is the name for the residence (Balinese: puri) of the King of Tabanan.
In the time of the kingdom, the king’s living place was called “Puri Agung”. The existence of Puri Agung Tabanan is related to the figure of Arya Kenceng, who is believed to come along with Gajah Mada when Majapahit conquered the Bedulu Kingdom in Bali in 1343.
– Sumber: https://id.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puri_Agung_Tabanan
2) Puri Agung Kerambitan
* Foto Puri Agung Kerambitan: link
3) Puri Anom Tabanan
* Foto Puri Anom: link
Old maps of Bali
Bali 16th century
Kingdoms on Bali, about 1900.
– Intervention of the Dutch, 1906: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dutch_intervention_in_Bali_(1906)
– Intervention of the Dutch in 1849: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dutch_intervention_in_Bali_(1849)
– Dutch intervention on Bali (general): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dutch_intervention_in_Bali