The kingdom of Tabanan: 1343 – 1906. Located in the district of Tabanan, province of Bali.
District of Tabanan
Location island of Bali
* Foto kings on Bali today: link
* Foto kings of Bali in the past: link
* Foto Bali in the past: link
* Foto old sites on Bali: link
* Foto puputan Denpasar, 1906: link
* Foto puputan Klungkung, 1908: link
* Video history kingdoms on Bali, 45.000 BC – today: link
* Line of kingdoms on Bali: link
KINGDOM OF TABANAN
About the king
21 march 2008
I Gusti Ngurah Rupawan, son of Cokorda Ngurah Gede Mabiseka Ratu, with the title Ida Cokorda Anglurah Tabanan became King of Tabanan the XXIV, seated in Puri Agung Tabanan.
History of the kingdom of Tabanan, 1343 – 1906
In Bali, the king’s official residence is called “Puri Agung“. The existence of Puri Agung Tabanan is related with Kenceng Arya, who is believed to have participated with Gajah Mada, when Majapahit Empire conquered the kingdom of Bedulu in Bali in 1343.
Dalem Sri Kresna Kepakisan, who became King of Bali, and was seated in Samprangan, then gave power to Aryan Kenceng to rule Tabanan; the center of the kingdom was Puri Agung, located in Pucangan (Buahan), Tabanan.
On 29 September 1906 sons and brothers of Puri Dangin Tabanan, of Puri Pemecutan Tabanan and of Puri Denpasar Pemecutan Tabanan were exiled to Sasak Lombok: Puputan Bali (massal suicide).
Now descendents of Cokorda Ngurah Ketut live in the Puri Agung of Tabanan. I Gusti Ngurah Putu (Son of Putera Sirarya Ngurah Agung Tabanan, Raja Tabanan the XX) is from Puri Pemecutan in Tabanan.
9 kingdoms on Bali, ca 1900
List of kings
* c. 1434: Shri Arya Kenceng
* Shri Magada Nata, child of Arya Kenceng
* Arya Nangun Graha (Prabhu Singasana), child of Magada Nata
* Gusti Ngurah Tabanan (Prabhu Winalwan), child of Arya Nangun Graha
* ..?..-1647: Gusti Wayahan Pamedekan, child of Gusti Ngurah Tabanan
* 1647-1650: Gusti Made Pamedekan, brother of Gusti Made Pamedekan
* c. 1650-..?..: Gusti Ngurah Tabanan (Prabhu Winalwanan), ruled 2 times
* ..?..-1654: Prabhu Nisweng Panida, child of Gusti Made Pamedekan
* 1654-..?..: Gusti Made Dalang, brother of Prabhu Nisweng Panida
* Gusti Nengah Malkangin, child of Gusti Wayahan Pamedekan
* Gusti Bolo di Malkangin, child of Prabhu Winalwanan
* Abad ke-17: Gusti Agung Badeng (regent), assisted Gusti Made Pamedekan
* c. 1700: Prabhu Magada Śakti, child of Prabhu Nisweng Panida
* Anglurah Mur Pamade, child of Prabhu Magada Śakti
* 1734: Gusti Ngurah Sekar, child of Anglurah Mur Pamade
* Gusti Ngurah Gede, child of Gusti Ngurah Sekar
* ..?..-1793: Gusti Ngurah Made Rai, brother of Gusti Ngurah Made Gede
* 1793-1820: Gusti Ngurah Rai Penebel, brother of Gusti Ngurah Made Rai
* c. 1820: Gusti Ngurah Ubung, child of Gusti Ngurah Rai Penebel
* c.1820-1844: Gusti Ngurah Agung I, grandchild of Gusti Ngurah Made Rai
Under protection of the Dutch, 1843-1906
* 1844-1903: Gusti Ngurah Agung II, child of Gusti Ngurah Agung I
* 1903-1906: Gusti Ngurah Rai Perang (Gusti Ngurah Agung III), child of Gusti Ngurah Agung II
Conquered by the dutch, 1906
* 1929-1939: Cokorda Ngurah Ketut, nephew of Gusti Ngurah Agung
* 1939-1944: Regen, Gusti Ngurah Wayan (Puri Kompyang Tabanan)
* 1944-1987: Cokorda Ngurah Gede (died 1987), child of Cokorda Ngurah Ketut
Tabanan united with theRepublik Indonesia, 1950.
There are 3 palaces in Tabanan
1) Puri Agung Tabanan
Puri Agung Tabanan is the name for the residence (Balinese: puri) of the King of Tabanan.
In the time of the kingdom, the king’s living place was called “Puri Agung”. The existence of Puri Agung Tabanan is related to the figure of Arya Kenceng, who is believed to come along with Gajah Mada when Majapahit conquered the Bedulu Kingdom in Bali in 1343.
– Sumber: https://id.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puri_Agung_Tabanan
2) Puri Agung Kerambitan
* Foto Puri Agung Kerambitan: link
3) Puri Anom Tabanan
* Foto Puri Anom: link
Puri (palaces) on Bali
Puri on the island of Bali is the name for the residence of Balinese aristocrats, especially those who are still close relatives of Balinese kings. Based on the system of division of triwangsa or caste, the castle is occupied by aristocrats who are knights.
Puri on Bali are ruled by a descendant of the king, who is generally elected by the puri kinship institution. The leader of the puri, who is generally the leader of the puri kinship institution, is usually referred to as the Penglingsir or Pemucuk. The royal descendants can be identified by the titles in their names, for example Ida I Dewa Agung, I Gusti Ngurah Agung, Cokorda, Anak Agung Ngurah, Ratu Agung, Ratu Bagus and others for men; as well as Ida I Dewa Agung Wife, Dewa Ayu, Cokorda Wife, Anak Agung Wife, and others for women.
Puri Anom, Tabanan
Pura (temples) on Bali
A pura is a Balinese Hindu temple and the place of worship for adherents of Balinese Hinduism in Indonesia. Pura’s are built in accordance with rules, style, guidance and rituals found in Balinese architecture. Most pura’s are found on the island of Bali, where Hinduism is the predominant religion; however many puras exist in other parts of Indonesia where significant numbers of Balinese people reside. Mother Temple of Besakih is the most important, largest and holiest temple in Bali.
– For more information: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balinese_temple
Besakih Temple is a temple complex in the village of Besakih on the slopes of Mount Agung in eastern Bali. It is the most important, the largest and holiest temple of Hindu religion in Bali, and one of a series of Balinese temples.
Old maps of Bali
Bali 16th century
Kingdoms on Bali, about 1900.
– Intervention of the Dutch, 1906: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dutch_intervention_in_Bali_(1906)
– Intervention of the Dutch in 1849: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dutch_intervention_in_Bali_(1849)
– Dutch intervention on Bali (general): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dutch_intervention_in_Bali