The Kingdom of Negara Dipa: 1387 – 1495. Located on south Kalimantan, in the district of Hulu Sungai Utara, the capital of this district was Amuntai.
Location of Amuntai
* Foto sultans and kings, still on Kalimantan: link
* Foto sultans and kings in the past: link
* Foto of palaces on Kalimantan: link
* Foto of the Dayak People: link
* foto of Kalimantan in the past: link
History of the kingdom
Line of history:
Kingdom Kuripan: – 1387
Kingdom Negara Dipa: 1387 – 1495
Kingdom Negara Daha: 1487 – 1526
Sultanate Banjar: 1520 – 1860
The kingdom of Negara Dipa was a kingdom located in South Kalimantan. This kingdom was the predecessor of the kingdom of Negara Daha.
According to Tutur Candi, Kahuripan existed earlier than the kingdom of Negara Dipa. Because the king of Kahuripan loved Empu Jatmika as his own child, then after he got old and died, his kingdom (Kahuripan) was named as the Kingdom Negara Dipa, the name of the area inhabited by Empu Jatmika. (Fudiat Suryadikara, Bahasa Banjar Hulu Dialect Geography, Department of Education, 1984).
The kingdom of Negara Dipa had subordinate areas, called Sakai, who each were led by a Mantri Sakai. At first the Dipa Negara was subordinate to the kingdom of Kuripan, which was native kingdom. According to Hikayat Banjar, Negara Dipa was a country, that was founded by Ampu Jatmika, who was original from Keling (Coromandel), about two months of sea travel to the island Hujung Tanah (Kalimantan).
List of kings
* 1335: Empu Jatmika,
* 1362: Putri (Ratu) Junjung Buih,
* 1362-1385: Raden Putera bergelar Pangeran (Maharaja) Surya Nata,
* 1385-1421: Aria Dewangsa, bergelar Pangeran (Maharaja) Surya Gangga Wangsa,
* 1421-1436: Raden (Maharaja) Carang Lalean,
* 1436-1448: Puteri (Ratu) Kalungsu,
* 1448: Raden Sekar Sungsang with the title Pangeran (Maharaja) Sari Kaburangan.
1) Ampu Jatmaka with the title Maharaja di Candi, wealthy merchant from the country of Keling, founder of Dipa State in 1387 by establishing the Temple of Laras located on a tributary of Materials (downstream).
2) Lambung Mangkurat [= logat Banjar untuk Lembu Mangkurat] as assistent of the king.. He had the title Ratu Kuripan (because the area where he lived was the old land of Kuripan).
3) Raden Galuh Ciptasari alias Puteri Ratna Janggala Kediri with the title Numerta Puteri Junjung Buih/Puteri Tunjung Buih
4) Raden (Rahadyan) Putra alias Raden Aria Gegombak Janggala Rajasa with the title Anumerta Maharaja Suryanata
5) Aria Dewangsa youngest son of daughter Junjung Buih with Maharaja Suryanata (Hikayat Banjar versi II)
6) Raden Sekar Sungsang, granddaughter of Princess Junjung Buih and also grandchild of Lambung Mangkurat is the son of Prince Aria Dewangsa couples with Princess Kabu Waringin according to Hikayat Banjar version II, but according to Hikayat Banjar version I is the grandson of Princess Junjung Buih and also grandchild of Lambung Mangkurat.
Candi Agung is a small Hindu temple site located in the area of Malang River, district of Amuntai Tengah, Hulu Sungai Utara, South Kalimantan. Agung Amuntai Temple was built in the 14th century by Ampu Jatmaka (Ampu Jatmika). This temple is estimated to be a relic of the Kingdom of the State of Dipa whose existence is contemporaneous with Majapahit Kingdom.
Source (only indon. language)
– Sejarah kerajaan Negara Dipa: Wiki
– Sejarah kerajaan Negara Dipa: http://liveinbalikpapan.blogspot.co.id/2012/09/kerajaan-negara-dipa.html
– Sejarah kerajaan Negara Dipa: http://www.bimbie.com/kerajaan-negara-dipa.htm
– Daftar Raja: http://melayuonline.com/ind/history/dig/454/kerajaan-negara-dipa
– Daftar Raja: Wiki