The kingdom of Kandis, first century AD. Located in the district of Kuantan Singingi, province of Riau.
* Foto’s ancient sites, tribes on Sumatera and old Sumatera: link
History of the kingdom
The kingdom of Kandis was the oldest kingdom in Sumatra, which was located in Koto Alang, in the region of Lubuk Jambi, Kuantan, Riau.
Kandis kingdom was estimated to exist in the first century AD, before the founding of the kingdoms of Moloyou and Dharmasraya in Central Sumatra. Two figures who are often referred to as the king of this kingdom are Patih and Tumenggung.
Then the kingdom of Kandis appeared at Bukit Bakar, ruled by King Darmaswara, who was connected with Daswara. King Darmaswara was assisted to run the government by Patih and Temenggung and a Minister of Commerce. Darmaswara built a magnificent palace as the central government named Dhamna Palace.
With the establishment of new kingdoms, issues about territory, arose between the warring kingdoms. Koto Alang attacked Kancil Putih, and then the kingdom of Kandis attacked Koto Alang and was defeated by Kandis. Koto Alang kingdom did not want to be governed by Kandis, so king Aur Kuning moved to Jambi, while Patih and Chief moved to Merapi.
Not long afterwards, Kandis royal dignitaries were killed by King Sintong from China, his expedition is known as Sintong expedition. After defeating Kandis, King Sintong along with his soldiers went on a trip to Jambi.
Location Kandis kingdom
– History of Kandis: http://melayuonline.com/eng/history/dig/350/kandis-kuantan-kingdom
– History of Kandis: http://javawindows.web.id/1-year-bc/the-kingdom-of-kandis-1-bc.html
Source (indon. language)
– Sejarah kerajaan Kandis: https://jendelawaktu.wordpress.com/2010/08/04/kerajaan-kandis-sebelum-masehi-2/#more-20
– Sejarah kerajaan Kandis: http://azwanalghany.blogspot.co.id/2012/08/misteri-kerajaan-sebelum-kutai-di.html
– Sejarah kerajaan Kandis: http://www.riaudailyphoto.com/2010/02/kerajaan-kandis.html
– Sejarah kerajaan Kandis di Melayuonline: link
– Sejarah kerajaan Kandis di Wiki: Wiki
– Sejarah awal kerajaan Minangkabau (Kandis, Koto Alang, Kancil Putih, Pasumayan Koto Batu): http://baripesona.blogspot.co.id/2015/02/sejarah-kerajaan-minangkabau-episode.html
– Sejarah Koto Alang: https://id.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kerajaan_Koto_Alang