The Kingdom of Galuh, 669–1482, was a kingdom on West Java.
After the Kingdom of Sunda / Pajajaran ended, Galuh stood alone as an independent kingship (1579/1580 – 1595).
Under Mataram’s rule, areas in Priangan that had previously had royal status turned into regencies. Galuh was under Mataram rule between 1595-1705. Then Galuh came under the Dutch VOC.
prov. West Java
Line of kingdoms on Jawa: link
Foto kingdoms on Jawa
* Foto sultans and raja’s, still on Jawa link
* Foto keratons (palaces) still on Jawa: link
* Foto Batavia (Jakarta) in the past: link
* Foto Jawa in the past: link
* Attack on Batavia by Sultan Agung, 1628/1628: link
* Foto Diponegoro war, 1825: link
* Foto old sites on Jawa: link
Video history kingdoms on Jawa
– Map history kingdoms on Jawa: link
– List of rulers of the sultanate of Mataram, 1556 – 2020: link
– Map history of the history of the sultanate of Mataram, 1576-2020: link
– Map history of the kingdom of Medang Mataram Hindu, 752 – 1045: link
– Map history of the kingdom of Majapahit, 1293 – 1527: link
– List of rulers of the kingdom of Majapahit until the sultanate of Mataram, 1293 – 1587: link
– Map history of kingdoms on East Jawa, 1.5 million BC – 2020: link
– Map history of kingdoms on West Jawa, 3000 BC – 2020: link
– Map history of kingdoms on Central Jawa, 1.5 million BC – 2020: link
History of the kingdom of Galuh, 669–1482
King Wretikandayun was the first King in the Galuh Kingdom, who ruled in the Galuh Kingdom with the title Maharaja Suradarma Jayaprakosa from 612 to 702 as a continuation of the Kendan Kingdom still subordinate to the Tarumanagara kingdom.
In 670 the Tarumanagara region was split into two kingdoms; namely the Sundanese kingdom and the Galuh kingdom with the Citarum River as its boundary.
After the Tarumanagara Kingdom (5th to 7th century) ended, the Sunda Kingdom was established in West Java (8th century to 16th century). The center of the kingdom moved around, from Galuh to Pakuan Pajajaran / Bogor (± 11th century to 13th century), then moved again to Kawali (14th century). Furthermore, the kingdom was again centered in Pakuan Pajajaran, so it was better known as the Kingdom of Pajajaran.
The name of the kingdom was often changed to the name of its capital. Therefore, it is not surprising that when the Sundanese Kingdom had its capital in Galuh, it was also called the Galuh Kingdom. It is suspected that the center / core area of Galuh at that time was Imbanagara now. The famous king who ruled Galuh was Sanjaya. When the kingdom was centered in Kawali (14th century), it was ruled by King Maharaja (among local people, this king was known as Maharaja Kawali). It was during the reign of the king that Islam entered Kawali from Cirebon between the years 1528-1530.
After the Sunda / Pajajaran Kingdom ended, Galuh stood alone as an independent kingdom (1579/1580 – 1595).
Under Mataram’s rule, areas in Priangan that had previously had royal status changed to Galuh regency. Galuh was under Mataram rule between 1595-1705. By the Mataram authorities, Galuh was included in the administrative area of Cirebon.
Territory of the kingdom of Galuh
List of kings of Galuh and Sunda Galuh
I List kings of Galuh
(– source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galuh_Kingdom)
1 Wretikandayun (612-702)
2 Rahyang Mandiminyak (702-709)
3 Rahyang Bratasenawa (709-716)
4 Rahyang Purbasora (716-723)
5 Sanjaya Harisdarma (723-732)
6 Tamperan Barmawijaya (732-739)
7 Manarah (739-783)
8 Guruminda Sang Minisri (783-799)
9 Prabhu Kretayasa Dewakusalesywara Sang Triwulan (799-806)
10 Sang Walengan (806-813)
11 Prabu Linggabumi (813-852)
12 Prabu Gajah Kulon Rakeyan Wuwus (819-891)
II List of kings of Galuh and Sunda Galuh according to Naskah Wangsakerta
(- source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galuh_Kingdom )
- Sang Wretikandayun, 612-702 as king of Galuh,
- Sang Mandiminyak/ Suraghana, 702-709
- Sang Senna atau Sanna, 709 – 716
- Sang Purbasura, 716-723,
- Sang Sanjaya, Rakai Mataram, 723 -732, as Maharaja of Galuh and Sunda.
- Sang Tamperan, 732-739 as Maharaja of Galuh and Sunda.
- Sang Manarah, 740-784, as ruler of Galuh.
- Sang Manisri, 783/4-799/800, as king of Galuh.
- Sang Tariwulan,799/800-806 as king of Galuh.
- Sang Welengsa, 806-813 as king of Galuh.
- Prabhu Linggabhumi, 813-852 as king of Galuh.
- Danghyang Guru Wisuddha, 852-920 as king of Galuh.
- Prabhu Jayadrata 921-949/50, as king of Galuh.
- Prabhu Harimurtti, 949/50-966,
- Prabhu Yuddhanagara, 966-988 as king of Galuh.
- Prabhu Linggasakti, 988-1012 as king of Galuh.
- Resiguru Dharmmasatyadewa, 1012-1027 as king of Galuh.
- Prabhu Arya Tunggalningrat,1065-1091 as king of Galuh.
- Resiguru Bhatara Hyang Purnawijaya, 1091-1111 as king of Galuh.
- Bhatari Hyang Janawati 1111-1152 as king of Galuh with capital Galunggung.
- Prabhu Dharmmakusuma, 1152-1157 as maharaja of Galuh and Sunda.
- Prabu Guru Darmasiksa, 11578-1297 as maharaja of Galuh and Sunda.
- Rakeyan Saunggalah, 1167-1297 as king of Galuh, 1297-1303 Maharaja of Galuh and Sunda.
- Maharaja, 1303¬-1311 as Maharaja of Galuh and Sunda.
- Maharaja Linggadewata, 1311-1333 as Maharaja of Galuh and Sunda.
- Maharaja Ajiguna, 1333-1340 as Maharaja of Galuh and Sunda.
- Maharaja Ragamulya, 1340¬-1350 as Maharaja of Galuh and Sunda.
- Maharaja Linggabhuwana, 1350-1357 as Maharaja of Galuh and Sunda.
- Mangkubhumi Suradhipati, 1357-1371, Maharaja of Galuh and Sunda .
- Mahaprabu Niskala Wastu Kancana, 1371¬-1475), ruler of Galuh and Sunda.
- Dewa Niskala atau Ningrat Kancana, 1475-1482, as king of Galuh.
- Prabhu Ningratwangi, 1482-1501, as king of Galuh representing his brother, Sri Baduga Maharaja ruler of Galuh and Sunda.
- Prabhu Jayaningrat, 1501-1528 Prabhu Jayaningrat not the last king of Galuh, and Galuh kingdom was not conquered by the Kingdom of Cirebon; Kawali would not be the center of Galuh Kingdom but moved to Galuh Salawe Pangauban in Cimaragas, Ciamis.
- Maharaja Cipta Sanghyang of Galuh Salawe (1528-1595) in Cimaragas, Ciamis. Galuh Kingdom period ended in the time of Mataram 1595 when the kings in the entire island of Java including Galuh became kebupatian of Mataram.
- Prabu Cipta Permana (1595-1618) last king of Galuh.
– Kerajaan Tarumanagara: https://sultansinindonesieblog.wordpress.com/java-today/tarumanagara-kerajaan-358-669/
– Kerajaan Sunda: https://sultansinindonesieblog.wordpress.com/java-today/sunda-kerajaan-932-1579/
– Sejarah kerajaan Sunda Galuh: https://id.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kerajaan_Sunda_Galuh