* Foto old Jawa and ancient sites: link
History of the kingdom
According to the Wangsakerta manuscript, Galuh was a vassal state of Tarumanagara. After the fall of Tarumanagara, its dynastic patriarch, Wretikandayun of Galuh, separated his realm from Sunda kingdom in the west. Since the crown prince of Galuh was the son-in-law of Queen Shima of Kalingga, a Hindu kingdom in Central Java, Wretikandayun, supported by Kalingga, demanded that the remnant of what was known as Tarumanagara’s territory be divided into two kingdoms. Finding himself in an unfortunate position and unwilling to risk a civil war, King Tarusbawa of Sunda granted Wretikandayun’s demand.
In 670, Tarumanagara was divided into two kingdoms: the Sunda Kingdom in the west, and the Galuh Kingdom in the east, separated by the Tarum (Citarum) River.
Galuh continued to exist as individual kingdom as the counterpart of Sunda until it was absorbed and incorporated within Sunda kingdom around the 10th century. Galuh and the Sunda kingdom, another Sundanese kingdom, established the United Kingdom of Sunda and Galuh. Its centre in Kawali become the court capital until the 15th century when Sri Baduga Maharaja shifted the capital to Pakuan Pajajaran. In later period, during the expansion of Mataram Sultanate, the menak (nobles) of Eastern Priangan region (Ciamis, Tasikmalaya, Garut, Kuningan and Majalengka), claimed to hold the legacy and prestige of this ancient kingdom.
Territory of the kingdom of Galuh
List of kings of Galuh and Sunda Galuh
I List kings of Galuh
(– source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galuh_Kingdom)
1 Wretikandayun (612-702)
2 Rahyang Mandiminyak (702-709)
3 Rahyang Bratasenawa (709-716)
4 Rahyang Purbasora (716-723)
5 Sanjaya Harisdarma (723-732)
6 Tamperan Barmawijaya (732-739)
7 Manarah (739-783)
8 Guruminda Sang Minisri (783-799)
9 Prabhu Kretayasa Dewakusalesywara Sang Triwulan (799-806)
10 Sang Walengan (806-813)
11 Prabu Linggabumi (813-852)
12 Prabu Gajah Kulon Rakeyan Wuwus (819-891)
II List of kings of Galuh and Sunda Galuh according to Naskah Wangsakerta
(- source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galuh_Kingdom )
- Sang Wretikandayun, 612-702 as king of Galuh,
- Sang Mandiminyak/ Suraghana, 702-709
- Sang Senna atau Sanna, 709 – 716
- Sang Purbasura, 716-723,
- Sang Sanjaya, Rakai Mataram, 723 -732, as Maharaja of Galuh and Sunda.
- Sang Tamperan, 732-739 as Maharaja of Galuh and Sunda.
- Sang Manarah, 740-784, as ruler of Galuh.
- Sang Manisri, 783/4-799/800, as king of Galuh.
- Sang Tariwulan,799/800-806 as king of Galuh.
- Sang Welengsa, 806-813 as king of Galuh.
- Prabhu Linggabhumi, 813-852 as king of Galuh.
- Danghyang Guru Wisuddha, 852-920 as king of Galuh.
- Prabhu Jayadrata 921-949/50, as king of Galuh.
- Prabhu Harimurtti, 949/50-966,
- Prabhu Yuddhanagara, 966-988 as king of Galuh.
- Prabhu Linggasakti, 988-1012 as king of Galuh.
- Resiguru Dharmmasatyadewa, 1012-1027 as king of Galuh.
- Prabhu Arya Tunggalningrat,1065-1091 as king of Galuh.
- Resiguru Bhatara Hyang Purnawijaya, 1091-1111 as king of Galuh.
- Bhatari Hyang Janawati 1111-1152 as king of Galuh with capital Galunggung.
- Prabhu Dharmmakusuma, 1152-1157 as maharaja of Galuh and Sunda.
- Prabu Guru Darmasiksa, 11578-1297 as maharaja of Galuh and Sunda.
- Rakeyan Saunggalah, 1167-1297 as king of Galuh, 1297-1303 Maharaja of Galuh and Sunda.
- Maharaja, 1303¬-1311 as Maharaja of Galuh and Sunda.
- Maharaja Linggadewata, 1311-1333 as Maharaja of Galuh and Sunda.
- Maharaja Ajiguna, 1333-1340 as Maharaja of Galuh and Sunda.
- Maharaja Ragamulya, 1340¬-1350 as Maharaja of Galuh and Sunda.
- Maharaja Linggabhuwana, 1350-1357 as Maharaja of Galuh and Sunda.
- Mangkubhumi Suradhipati, 1357-1371, Maharaja of Galuh and Sunda .
- Mahaprabu Niskala Wastu Kancana, 1371¬-1475), ruler of Galuh and Sunda.
- Dewa Niskala atau Ningrat Kancana, 1475-1482, as king of Galuh.
- Prabhu Ningratwangi, 1482-1501, as king of Galuh representing his brother, Sri Baduga Maharaja ruler of Galuh and Sunda.
- Prabhu Jayaningrat, 1501-1528 Prabhu Jayaningrat not the last king of Galuh, and Galuh kingdom was not conquered by the Kingdom of Cirebon; Kawali would not be the center of Galuh Kingdom but moved to Galuh Salawe Pangauban in Cimaragas, Ciamis.
- Maharaja Cipta Sanghyang of Galuh Salawe (1528-1595) in Cimaragas, Ciamis. Galuh Kingdom period ended in the time of Mataram 1595 when the kings in the entire island of Java including Galuh became kebupatian of Mataram.
- Prabu Cipta Permana (1595-1618) last king of Galuh.
Source (only indon. language)
– Sejarah kerajaan Galuh di Wiki: Wiki
– Sejarah kerajaan Galuh: https://universitasgaluhfkipsejarah.wordpress.com/2012/04/15/sejarah-kerajaan-galuh/
– Daftar Raja Galuh: https://id.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kerajaan_Galuh#Raja-raja_Galuh
– Kerajaan Tarumanagara: https://sultansinindonesieblog.wordpress.com/java-today/tarumanagara-kerajaan-358-669/
– Kerajaan Sunda: https://sultansinindonesieblog.wordpress.com/java-today/sunda-kerajaan-932-1579/
– Sejarah kerajaan Sunda Galuh: https://id.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kerajaan_Sunda_Galuh