* Foto of the Toraja People: link
History of the kingdom
Puang Tamboro Langi ‘was the founder and also the first king of Kalindobulanan Kingdom Lulan Moon (Tana Toraja). According to the saga, he descended from the sky at the peak of Mount Kandora in District Mengkendek, Tana Toraja in the mid-4th century AD
Puang Tamboro Langi ‘was the first king of Kalindobulanan Lepongan Bulan and the ancestor of kings in the Kingdom of Lepongan Bulan (Tana Toraja) in particular and the first Tallu Bocco Kingdom (Toraja, Luwu and Gowa) in general.
Puang Tomatasak XIV in Kalindobulanan Lepongan Moon was the last king.
After the three grandchildren of Bullu Matua had grown up, he divided the Kingdom Lepongan Bulan on an oath called Basse Tallu Lembangna: the kingdoms of Makale, Sangalla’ and Mengkendek.
Although these three kingdoms were in full control and governed their respective territories called Puang Basse Kakanna Makale, Puang basse Tanganna Sangalla’ dan Puang Basse Adinna Mengkendek, however symbolically there was still Puang Tomatasak Kalindobulanan Lepongan Bulan which historically was always held by Puang Basse Tanganna Sangalla ‘for 13 periods ranging from Puang Palodang to Puang Laso’Rinding (Puang Sangalla’). One of the reasons is because Tongkonan Layuk Kaero which was the Central (Keraton / Istana) Lepongan Moon built by Puang Patta La Bantan was in Sangalla ‘area.
Tana Toraja, location of Mengkendek
Source (only indon. language)
– Kerajaan Sangalla: https://sultansinindonesieblog.wordpress.com/sulawesi/raja-of-sanggala/
– Kerajaan Makale: https://sultansinindonesieblog.wordpress.com/sulawesi/makale-kerajaan-kab-tana-toraja/
– Buntu Pune: https://sultansinindonesieblog.wordpress.com/sulawesi/buntu-pune-kerajaan/
– Sejarah kerajaan2 Tana Toraja: http://diasporaiqbal.blogspot.co.id/2013/01/tana-toraja-bagian-iii-suaya-kings.html
– Puan Tarongko, Basse Kakanna XI: http://solata-sejarahbudaya.blogspot.co.id/2015/11/puang-tarongko-basse-kakanna-xi.html
– Raja raja tradisional Tana Toraja: https://manukallodanga.wordpress.com/2011/07/31/raja-raja-toraja/
– Sejarah Toraja sekitar awal abad ke-13: http://matarik-allo.blogspot.co.id/2012/06/sejarah-toraya-di-sekitar-awal-abad-ke.html