The kingdom of Keritang: existed since the 12th century (there are also sources saying the 6th century).
Located in the District Indragiri Hilir, prov. Riau, Sumatera.
District Indragiri Hilir
History of the kingdom of Keritang
Keritang kingdom was an ancient kingdom centered in Inderagiri. Keritang kingdom was established in the early 12th century (there are also other sources that stated in the 6th century) in the District Keritang now. The name Keritang is believed to originate from the word Itang, Itang is a type of plant, that is found along the tributaries of Gangsal. The culture of this kingdom was heavily influenced by the Hindu culture and heritage is evident in his palace, called Puri Tujuh, meaning Pintu Tujuh (Seven Doors), or Kedaton Gunung Tujuh (Mount Seven).
During the reign of king Merlang II (1400-1437), the kingdom of Keritang was dominated by Melaka. As a gift for the wedding of the daughter of Majapahit with sultan Mansyursah. The kingdom of Keritang came under the rule of Melaka.
List of kings
* c. 1337-1400: Raja Iskandar or Nara Singa,
* c. 1400-1437: Raja Merlang II,
* Raja Nara Singa.
Old maps of Sumatera
For old maps of Sumatera (1565, 1588, 1598, 1601, 1616, 1620, 1707, 1725, 1760), klik here
Source (only indon. language)
– Sejarah kerajaan Keritang: http://ilmukesaktian.blogspot.co.id/2014/06/sejarah-kerajaan-keritang-indragiri.html
– Sejarah kerajaan Keritang di Riaudaily: http://www.riaudailyphoto.com/2010/01/kerajaan-keritang.html
– Sejarah kerajaan Keritang: http://wartasejarah.blogspot.co.id/2013/12/kerajaan-keritangindragiri.html
– Kerajaan Keritang cikal bakal kerajaan Indragiri: http://kebudayaanindonesia.net/kebudayaan/2103/kerajaan-keritang-cikal-bakal-kerajaan-indragiri
– Kesultanan Indragiri, Keritang: http://melayuonline.com/ind/history/dig/349/kesultanan-indragiri
– Daftar Raja: http://www.riaudailyphoto.com/2010/01/kerajaan-keritang.html