The kingdom of Mamuju is a kingdom of the Mandar People; connected to Pitu Baqbana Binanga. District of Mamuju, prov. of West Sulawesi.
The title of the king is Maradia.
District of Mamuju
* Foto sultans and kings today on Sulawesi: link
* Foto sultans and kings in the past on Sulawesi: link
* Foto kingdoms in the region of Poso: link
* Foto Bugis People: link
* Foto Toraja People: link
* Foto old sites on Sulawesi: link
About the king
8 september 2020
King Andi Maksum Dai, died 8 september 2020.
The title of the king is: Maradia.
12 juy 2017
Coronation of the crown prince 12 July 2017
Maradika (King) Mamuju Andi Maksum Dai, officially crowned the Crown Prince for the Kingdom he leads,
With his crowning, Bau Akram Maksum Dai officially is a Crown Prince, who would be in charge of accompanying and representing the King in carrying out royal duties, if the King was unable to attend.
King Andi Maksum Dai, died 8 september 2020.
Installation of the Crown Prince, 12 juy 2017
History of the Mamuju kingdom
The Mamuju Kingdom was not formed by Tomanurung, but the result of a merger between the two kingdoms, namely the Kurri-Kurri Kingdom and the Langga Monar Kingdom.
The Mamuju Kingdom was founded by a Tomakaka with the title Tomojammeng after defeating the Kurri-Kurri kingdom in the Simboro region which later became the forerunner to the establishment of the Mamuju kingdom.
The reign of the kingdom of Mamuju was in effect since the establishment of the Mamuju kingdom around the 14th century AD. The head of the royal government was called Maradika.
At the beginning of the twentieth century, the Netherlands established its colonies with a residential administration system, that was divided according to Afdeling, Landschaap, Onder afdeling, and districts. Afdeling was headed by a Resident Assistant, and under afdeling it was divided into several Afdeling Parts which were headed by a Controlleur and Afdeling parts are divided into several Swapraja regions according to the territory of the kingdoms, and the king is given the authority to become the head of a separate government (Zelfbestuurder), under Swapraja has a district and a king who appoints the district head and village head. Mamuju and Tapalang are part of the Onder area under Mandar Afdeling.
List of kings
Rulers (title Maradia)
1674: Mamuju Founded
* c.1820 – 1840: Ammana Komba
* c.1840 – 1860: Tomappelei Kasu Ditana
* c.1860 – 1870: Panre
* c.1870 – 1890: Nai Latang (f)
* c.1890 – 1895: Na E Sukur (d. 1895)
* 1895 – 1908: Karanene
* 1908 – 1950: Jalala Amana Inda (b. 1875 – d. 19..)
* Nov. 2015: H Andi Maksum Dai
– Source: link
Traditional Ritual washing of the heirlooms, Masossor Manurung
Masossor / Manossor Manurung is a keris washing ritual, performed by the Mamuju kingdom. The heirloom keris which was cleaned during the ceremony, is from the Badung Kingdom on Bali. The series of traditions is carried out every two years in Mamuju district.
The tradition of the keris cleaning is a legacy that was passed down from the relationship between the Kingdoms of Mamuju and Badung, Bali in the past. The meaning of the Masossor Manurung tradition itself comes from the word Masossor which means purification or cleansing and Manurung which means royal object.
The custom house compound itself consists of the king’s house and the main house behind which is joined by a small bridge, guard house, several huts for blacksmiths, goldsmith, rice barn, deer stables, and stables. The condition of the building is quite well maintained, unfortunately in it there is no display any empty alias empty.
* Foto palace kingdom of Mamuju: link
17 Kingdoms of the Mandar Region
Mandar tribe consists of 17 kingdoms: 7 kingdoms called “Pitu Ulunna Salu”, 7 kingdoms called “Pitu ba’bana binanga” and 3 kingdoms called “Kakarunna Tiparittiqna Uhai”.
The seven kingdoms belonging to Persekutuan Pitu Ulunna Salu are:
Seven (7) kingdoms belonging to Persekutuan Pitu Baqbana Binanga are :
Three (3) kingdoms belonging to Kakaruanna Tiparittiqna Uhai or the region of Lembang Mappi are:
Source (only indon. language)
– Episode baru kerajaan (2013): https://shalahuddinfix.wordpress.com/2013/04/02/episode-baru-kerajaan-mamuju/
– Hari Jadi Kerajaan Mamuju: Wiki
– Daftar Raja Mamuju: http://www.worldstatesmen.org/Indonesia_princely_states2.html
– Tentang Mamuju: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1032331
– Hubungan kesejarahan kerajaan Mamuju dan kerajaan Bali: http://adereskiawall.blogspot.co.id/2013/07/hubungan-kesejarahan-antara-kerajaan.html
– Asal mula kerajaan Mamuju: http://melayuonline.com/ind/news/read/8850/asal-mula-kerajaan-mamuju-dipertanyakan
– Gelar Raja sebagai Arayang: http://kampung-mandar.web.id/sejarah/pus-pbb.html