The kingdom of Wolio is located on Sulawesi, provinsi Sulawesi Tenggara, District Buton.
This kingdom existed in the 13th century. The kingdom of Wolio was the forerunner of the kingdom of Buton.
Line of kingdoms on Sulawesi: link
Foto kingdoms on Sulawesi
Video history kingdoms on Sulawesi
– Video history kingdoms on Sulawesi, 40.000 BC – 2018: link
– Video history kingdoms on South Sulawesi, 1AD – 2020: link
– Video history kingdoms on Sulawesi Tenggara, 50.000 BC – 2020: link
– Video history kingdoms on North Sulawesi, 4000 BC – today: link
KINGDOM OF WOLIO
History of the kingdom of Wolio
The forerunner of the kingdom of Buton to become a Kingdom was first initiated by the Mia Patamiana group (Sipanjonga), Simalui, Sitamanajo, Sijawangkati, who by their oral source came from the Malay Peninsula Peninsula at the end of the 13th century.
They started to build a village called Wolio (currently in the Bau-Bau City area and established a traditional government system by establishing four Limbo (small regions: Gundu-gundu, Barangkatopa, Peropa and Baluwu), each led by a Bonto so it is better known as Patalimbona. The four Bonto people were head of the region and they also served for installing a King. In addition to the four Limbo mentioned above, in Buton there were several small kingdoms such as Tobe-tobe, Kamaru, Wabula, Todanga and Batauga; so on the merits of Patalimbona, the kingdoms then merged and formed the new kingdom of Buton and established Wa Kaa Kaa (a woman with the Batara Batara a noble son of the Majapahit Kingdom) to become King I in 1332 after obtaining the consent of the four bonto / patalimbona (currently almost the same as the institution legislative).
The region of Buton
Source (only indon. language)
– Sejarah kerajaan Wolio: https://id.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sejarah_Buton_(Wolio)
– Sejarah kerajaan Wolio: http://tolaki-konawe-mekongga.blogspot.co.id/2013/09/blog-post.html