The kingdom of Termanu, capital Feopopi. Island of Rote. District of Rote Ndao. Prov. Nusa Tenggara Timur.
* Foto kingdoms on Rote: link
About the king
Present (2011) Manek (Raja): Soleman Jeremias Miquel Amalo, installed on 14-10-2007
Prince Soleman Amalo is the 28th chief of the dynasty of Termanu. But also the first, who isn’t ruling. He is also know as Bea Amalo. The foremost last Manek of Termanu, Manek Ernst Amalo (1947 – 1966 / died 1984) was his father. Before Termanu was the major principality among the 19 principalities of the Rote-islands. The raja of Kupang is his full-cousin.
19 Kingdoms on Rote
Rote Island is an island of Indonesia, part of the East Nusa Tenggara province of the Lesser Sunda Islands. According to legend, this island got its name accidentally when a lost Portuguese sailor arrived and asked a farmer where he was. The surprised farmer, who could not speak Portuguese, introduced himself, “Rote”.
The Rote tribe is one of the original inhabitants of Rote Island, some of whom are also settled on Timor Island. In addition, the Rote tribe also inhabit the islands around the island of Rote, namely Ndao Island, Nuse Island, Pamana Island, Doo Island, Heliana Island, Landu Island, Manuk Island, and other small islands. There are experts who argue, that the Rote people had previously migrated from Seram Island in Maluku.
1. Baa: founded 1691.
3. Bokai: founded 1756.
4. Dehla: Split off from Oenale and was founded 1800-an.
5. Dengka: The biggest kingdom on Rote.
6. Diu: at first under the power of Korbafo, founded 1691.
7. Keka: Keka split off from Termanu in 1772.
9. Landu: the oldest kingdom on the island Rote.
10. Lelain: After split off from Bokai, it was founded in 1690.
11. Lelenuk: split off from Termanu and founded 1772.
12. Loleh: berada di pulau Rote, barat-daya Timor. Ruled by Termanu tahun 1730.
15. OEpao: Founded in 1691.
16. Ringgouw: berada di Kepulauan Rote, barat daya Pulau Timor, didirikan pada 1691.
19. Thie: From 1730 until 1756, the Manek (kings) of Thie together with the Maneks of OEpao, Loleh, Baa and Lelain went to Jawa to learn about Christianity-religion.
Kingdoms on Rote
Source (only indon. language)
– Sejarah timbulnya kerajaan di Rote: http://sajjacob.blogspot.co.id/2015/01/sejarah-timbulnya-kerajaan-di-pulau.html
– 19 kerajaan di Rote: http://leksilion-rote.blogspot.co.id/2011/09/nusak-di-pulau-rote-leksi-ingguoe.html
– Nama nusak (kerajaan) di Rote: http://malole80.blogspot.co.id/2015/10/nama-nama-nusak-kerajaan-di-rote.html
– Sejarah kepulauan Rote di Wiki: link
– Asal usul Rote: http://yeridami.blogspot.co.id/p/asal-usul-rote.html
– Tentang suku Rote: http://suku-dunia.blogspot.co.id/2014/11/sejarah-suku-rote-nusa-tenggara-timur.html
– Bagaimana orang Rote mengakali belanda dalam pemerintahan: http://satutimor.com/bagaimana-orang-rote-mengakali-belanda-dalam-pemerintahan.php