The Sultanate of Pajang: 1568 – 1586. Located on Central Jawa; was successor of the kingdom of Demak.
Location of Demak
Line of kingdoms on Jawa: link
Foto kingdoms on Jawa
* Foto sultans and raja’s, still on Jawa link
* Foto keratons (palaces) still on Jawa: link
* Foto Batavia (Jakarta) in the past: link
* Foto Jawa in the past: link
* Attack on Batavia by Sultan Agung, 1628/1628: link
* Foto Diponegoro war, 1825: link
* Foto old sites on Jawa: link
Video history kingdoms on Jawa
– Video rulers of the sultanate of Mataram, 1556 – 2020: link
– Video history of the sultanate of Mataram, 1576-2020: link
– Video history of the kingdom of Medang Mataram Hindu, 752 – 1045: link
– Video history of the kingdom of Majapahit, 1293 – 1527: link
– Video rulers of Majapahit until the sultanate of Mataram, 1293 – 1587: link
– Video history of kingdoms on East Jawa, 1.5 million BC – 2020: link
– Video history of kingdoms on West Jawa, 3000 BC – 2020: link
– Video history of kingdoms on Central Jawa, 1.5 million BC – 2020: link
SULTANATE OF PAJANG
History of the sultanate of Pajang, 1568 – 1586
The Kingdom of Pajang was a short-lived Muslim state in Java. It was established by Hadiwijaya or Jaka Tingkir, Lord of Boyolali, after a civil war and was a successor to Sultanate of Demak. Hadiwijaya claimed to be a descendant of Brawijaya V, the last king of the Majapahit empire, and Trenggana, the sultan of Demak.
In the last battle against the last claimant of Demak, the vicious Arya Penangsang, Jaka Tingkir commissioned his greatest vassal: Ki Ageng Pamanahan and his son, Sutawijaya, to destroy Arya Penangsang’s army. The two managed to defeat and kill Arya Penangsang and were thus awarded a fief in a forest called Alas Mentaok, now Kotagede, on which they founded their base for the future capital of Mataram Kingdom.
Legend says King Hadiwijaya was so fond of Sutawijaya, he adopted him as the playmate of his heir, Prince Banawa. Hadiwijaya’s rule was supposed to be succeeded by this weak-minded heir, but a rebellion by a vassal named Ario Pangiri forced the prince to seek asylum from his childhood friend Sutawijaya.
Pledged to help, Sutawijaya gathered his army and defeated Ario Pangiri and seized the Pajang Palace. Prince Banawa then submitted his crown to Sutawijaya and thus ended the Kingdom of Pajang in 1586, when Sutawijaya founded the greatest Islamic kingdom in Java: Mataram Sultanate.
List of kings
* 1549-1582: Jaka Tingkir atau Hadiwijaya (engl.: link)
* 1583-1586: Arya Pangiri bergelar Sultan Ngawantipura.
* 1586-1587: Pangeran Benawa atau Prabuwijaya
– Source: Wiki
– History of the sultanate of Pajang: Wiki
Source (only indon. language)
– Sejarah kesultanan Pajang: https://id.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kesultanan_Pajang
– Sejarah kesultanan Pajang: http://sejarahbudayanusantara.weebly.com/kerajaan-pajang.html
– Sejarah kesultanan Pajang: http://www.gurusejarah.com/2015/07/kerajaan-pajang.html
– Sejarah kesultanan Pajang: http://indonesiaindonesia.com/f/4085-kesultanan-pajang/