The kingdom of Segeri, founded in the 15th century. Kingdom of the Bugis People.
Located in prov. Sulawesi Selatan, District Pangkajene dan Kepulauan.
The title of the king is Karaeng.
District Pangkajene dan Kepulauan
History of the kingdom
According to history, a nephew (son of his sister) from the King of Gowa named I Manriwagau Daeng Bonto Karaeng Lakiung Tunipalangga (King of Gowa X) became Karaeng (King) of Segeri, which was around 1546-1565. The king of Gowa conquered the Kingdom of Siang. The Karaeng of Segeri was the first to be appointed by the people of Tanete to become King of Tanete, which at that time was still called the Kingdom of Agang Nionjo. The King of Tanete was commonly called Datu GollaE, after the name of a village called GollaE, located in the Kingdom of Segeri.
Between 1619 and 1630 the Kingdom of Segeri, together with the small kingdoms located in the south, was conquered by the King of Gowa, Sultan Alauddin Tumenanga in Gaukangna. In 1667 when Gowa was defeated by the Dutch, the Kingdom of Segeri was conquered with weapons by the Dutch and according to article 20 of the Bungaya Agreement, the Kingdom of Segeri was made part of “NOORDEN PRO-VINCIEN” (Northern areas), under the direct control of the Netherlands.
While the power of the Dutch company in Noorderdistricten was lost due to the invasions of the Bone people between 1776 and 1799, the Karaeng of Segeri, La Tenrisessu Arung Pantjana with assistance from Addatuang Sidenreng, Arung Berru, and Datu Tanete, gave a terrible blow to The King of Bone, La Tenritappu (MatinroE ri Rompegading). Six years later Noorderdistricten (including Segeri) fell into the hands of the people of Bone. Several years later, when the British in 1814 took over Dutch rule, the British were able to expel the Bone people from the areas. But in 1815, the British soldiers left.
Map of South Sulawesi and Pangkajane, 1909
List of kings (Karaeng)
* 1430 – 1488: La Mantang Seorang Keturunan originating from the kingdom of Gowa
* 1488 – 1545: Sayyid Jafar, Putra Dato Sabutung
* 1545 – 1653: Datu Gollae, Keponakan from Raja Gowa X Dg, Matanre
* 1776 – 1842: La Tenri Sessu Opu Cenning, Sultan Abdul Wahab Arung Pancana; he was the son of king Luwu 23th Dan 25.
* 1842 – 1850: Lapadu Daeng Mattara Putra from Laloasa daeng Matteru Karaeng lesso’e*; he was grandchild of La Tenri Sessu’
* 1850 – 1860: La Ento Dg.Mattone (Lapakanna) son of La Sulukeng Dg.Mattara Karaeng Temba’i Alena*.
* 1860 – 1885: Page La Paddare Dg.Manangkasi son of Arungnge Dg.Simpuang; also grandchild of La Tenri Sessu’.
* 1885 – 1892: La Mappakaya Karaeng Loloe replaced his father Page Lapaddare Dg.Manangkasi Karaeng segeri
* 1892 – 1919: Calunde’ Karaeng Ambo’na I Rajeng son of Laento Dg.Mattone
* 1919 – 1935: Andi Tuo Dg.Mattone Petta Towa (Gonco), son of La mattoana Dg.patombong Karaeng Bonto Makkio
* 1935 – 1938: Andi Nanggong Dg. Mattimung Petta Bonto Manai , grandchild of La Ide Matinroe Ri Balang.
* 1938 – 1965: Andi Page Dg.Manangkasi Petta Lolo son of Andi TuoDg.Mattone (gonco).
* 1965 – 1967: Andi Sakka Petta Lolo son of Dongkang Dg Massikki Karaeng Mandalle.
– Source: Wiki
Source (only indon. language)
– Sejarah kerajaan Segeri: Wiki
– Daftar raja Segeri: https://id.wikipedia.org/wiki/Segeri,_Pangkajene_dan_Kepulauan#Karaeng_yang_pernah_memerintah_di_Segeri
– Asal Muasal nama Segeri: https://id.wikipedia.org/wiki/Segeri,_Pangkajene_dan_Kepulauan#Sejarah
– Hikayat arajang negeri Segeri: http://hellomakassar.com/hikayat-arajang-negeri-segeri/
– Sejarah kerajaan Segeri: http://www.wikiwand.com/id/Segeri,_Pangkajene_dan_Kepulauan