The kingdom of Sanggar was located on the island of Sumbawa, near the Mount Tambora; it was destroyed together with the kingdoms of Pekat and Tambora in 1815 because of the eruption of mount Tambora. 14th Century.
Location of Sanggar
Location of Sumbawa
* Foto kingdom of Sanggar: link
Foto kingdoms on Sumbawa
* Foto old sites on Sumbawa: link
* Video history of Sumbawa and NTB, 40.000 BC – today: link
* Line of kingdoms on Sumbawa: link
KINGDOM OF SANGGAR
About the king today (2017)
The King of Sanggar, Abdullah Samsuddin Manggalai Daeng (1900-1926), gave up his position as king and decided to join Bima 1928.
Today (2017) there are 2 sons of the late Crown Prince Abdul Azis: Mahmud Azis and Sanggar Abdul Azis.
Today there are attemps to revive the kingdom of Sanggar. (2017).
About the history of the kingdom of Sanggar, 16th century
Sanggar is one of three kingdoms located on the slopes of Mount Tambora. The other two kingdoms, Tambora and Pekat, mentioned in various literatures were destroyed together with Sanggar by the eruption of Tambora in 1815.
Sanggar Kingdom was an independent kingdom located on the Sanggar peninsula.
Not yet known with certainty when Sanggar community groups are formed.
The relationship between Sanggar kingdom and other kingdoms was mostly from trading relationships through Sanggar port, which imported many horses to various regions of the archipelago.
From the Dutch Dagregister record, the existence of this kingdom existed since the 17th century until the 20th.
It is often said to have disappeared during the eruption of Tambora volcano in 1815, but it was all misunderstood about the Sanggar kingdom.
Contact Sanggar royal house with Islam was written in 1608 since the expansion of Gowa kingdom politics recorded in lontaraq Gowa.
Kingdoms on Sumbawa
List of kings
1700: kingdom of Sanggar founded.
1926: Merged with kesultanan Bima.
* c.1700 – 1704: Kalongkong Hasanuddin
* 1704 – c.1764: Daeng Pamalie
* 1765 – 17….: Muhammad Johan Syah
* 17…. – 1790: Adam Safiallah
* 1790 – 1805: Muhammad Sulaiman
* 1805 – 18…. :Ismail Ali
* 18…. – 1836: La Lisa Daeng Jaie
* 1836 – 1845: Daeng Malabba
* 1845 – 1869: Manga Daeng Manasse
* 1869 – 22 Dec 1900: La Kamena Daeng Anjong (b. c.1820 – d. 1900)
* 22 Dec 1900 – 1901 Regency
* 1901 – 1926: Abdullah Siamsuddin Daeng Manggala (d. c.1928)
Kingdom of Sanggar 1788
Fortresses of the kingdom
Kore or Sanggar was a prosperous kingdom. The country had three fortresses. Two fortresses are Takapase and Kaniki. Takapase is located on the sea or north of Nisa Kaniki. Kaniki is on the north side of Boro village.
One fortress near the royal palace in the village of Boro called Lawang Koneng.
Fortress of Kaniki
Old maps of Sumbawa (Cambaua)
Klik here for old maps of Sumbawa 1598, 1606 Sumbawa / Nusantara, 1614, 1615, 1697 Sumbawa / Nusantara 1800-an, 1856, 1856, 1910.
Foto eruption Tambora
Source kingdom of Sanggar (only indon. language)
– Sejarah kerajaan Sanggar: https://id.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kerajaan_Sanggar
– Sanggar bukan Bima: http://doonjuan.blogspot.co.id/2009/05/sanggar-bukan-bima.html
– Kerajaan Sanggar paska letusan Gunung Tambora: http://www.mbojoklopedia.com/2015/02/kerajaan-sanggar-paska-letusan-gunung.html
– Sanggar, bekas kerajaan yang menolak lupa: http://travel.detik.com/read/2014/11/17/101708/2749978/1519/sanggar-bekas-kerajaan-yang-menolak-lupa-di-kaki-tambora
– Tentang kerajaan Sanggar: http://www.beritaaktual.com/1895/menolak-lupa-kerajaan-sanggar-di-kaki-gunung-tambora
– Daftar Raja Sanggar: link
– Sistem pemerintahan kerajaan Sanggar pasca letusan Gunung Tambora: http://lklisanggar.blogspot.co.id/2016/02/sistem-pemerintahan-kerajaan-sanggar.html
Source eruption of the Tambora (only indon. language)
– Sejarah letusan Tambora dan hilangnya 3 kerajaan: link
– Sejarah letusan Tambora, 3 kerajaan terkubur: link
– Letusan Gunung Tambora di Wiki: https://id.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gunung_Tambora#Letusan_tahun_1815
– Gunung Tambora sebelum dan sesudah letusan 1815: http://tamborachallenge.com/2015/04/08/gunung-berapi-tambora-sebelum-dan-sesudah-1815/
– Peringatan 2 abad meletusnya Gunung Tambora: http://tamborachallenge.com/2015/04/08/gunung-berapi-tambora-sebelum-dan-sesudah-1815/
Source eruption of the Tambora (english)
– Eruption of Tambora 1815: Wiki