Desa Caruban is the forerunner of the sultanate of Cirebon, located in Kab. Cirebon, prov. West Java.
The Kingdom of Caruban Nagari was built in 1479.
After Ki Gedeng Alang-Alang died, Raden Walangsungsang continued as the second kuwu titled Prince Cakrabuana. When Ki Gedeng Tapa died, Prince Cakrabuana did not continue the post, but established the palace of Pakungwati and formed the Cirebon government.
In 1479 he died and he was replaced by his nephew Syarif Hidayatullah. Syarif Hidayatullah who was also known as Sunan Gunung Jati, the son of Nyai Rara Santang with Sharif Abdullah from Egypt. The Sultanate of Cirebon developed a lot during this time. When Syarif Hidayatullah died, the appointee was Fatahillah, his son-in-law. This is because his surviving son has ruled in Banten.
After Fatahillah died, he was replaced by Sunan Gunung Jati’s grandson, who was titled Panembahan Ratu I. Panembahan Ratu I was later replaced by Prince Karim who was titled Panembahan Ratu II or Panembahan Girilaya.
The power vacuum in Cirebon made the sultan of Banten crowned Wangsakerta, the third son of Panembahan Girilaya, as a substitute. The Sultan of Banten also helped to repatriate two prisoners held by Mataram.
* Prince Martawijaya or Sultan of Kraton Kasepuhan, with the title of Sepuh Abi Makarimi Muhammad Samsudin (1677 – 1703)
* Prince Kartawijaya or Sultan of Kraton Kanoman, with the title of Sultan Anom Abil Makarimi Muhammad Badrudin (1677 – 1723)
* Prince Wangsakerta or Panembahan Cirebon, with the title of Prince Abdul Kamil Muhammad Nasarudin or Panembahan Tohpati (1677-1713).
After the split there was still another split in 1807. At that time the son of Sultan Anom IV wanted to build his own empire. The desire is supported by the Dutch government. Finally emerged a new sultanate named Kacirebonan sultanate.
– Source: http://buletinmadubranta.blogspot.co.id/2012/09/kesultanan-cirebon.html
Partition of the sultanate of Cirebon
Keraton Kasepuhan contains two complexes of historical buildings namely Dalem Agung Pakungwati, which was founded in 1430 by Prince Cakrabuana and the palace complex Pakungwati (now called Kasepuhan palace) founded by Prince Mas Zainul Arifin in 1529.
More foto’s below.
Source (only indon. language)
– Sejarah Nagari Caruban:http://buletinmadubranta.blogspot.co.id/2012/09/kesultanan-cirebon.html
– Sejarah Nagari Caruban:http://www.republika.co.id/berita/koran/islam-digest-koran/14/10/12/ndbu18-caruban-potret-kejayaan-islam-nusantara
– Sejarah Nagari Caruban:http://cirebonmasalalu.blogspot.co.id/2013/01/pangeran-walang-sungsang-sang-pendiri.html
– Caruban, cikal bakal Cirebon: http://urusandunia.com/kerajaan-cirebon/
– Keraton Pakungwati: http://www.eviindrawanto.com/2012/05/sisa-keraton-pakungwati-kasepuhan-cirebon/
– Reruntuhan Keraton Pakungwati: http://www.eviindrawanto.com/2012/05/sisa-keraton-pakungwati-kasepuhan-cirebon/
– Keraton Kasepuhan:https://id.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keraton_Kasepuhan