The kingdom of Gelgel: 15th century until 17th century. Located in the district of Klungkung, province of Bali.
* Foto old Bali, ancient sites and the “puputans”: link
History of the kingdom of Gelgel
Gelgel is the name of a village, located in the district of Klungkung regency.
Gelgel was a kingdom on the island of Bali, which was formed after the collapse of Majapahit. This kingdom regards itself as the true successor of Majapahit.
Because of the incompetence of Raden Agra Samprangan to be king, Raden Samprangan was replaced by Dalem Ketut Ngulesir. Dalem Ketut Ngulesir, moved the seat of government to Gelgel. At this point begins the Period Gelgel and King Dalem Ketut Ngulesir was the first king.
The second king was Dalem Watu Renggong (1460-1550). Dalem Watu Renggong became king, prospered the Gelgel kingdom. Under the reign of Watu Renggong, Bali (Gelgel) reached its peak.
After Dalem Watu Renggong died, he was replaced by Dalem Bekung (1550-1580).
The last king of Gelgel was a Dalem Di Made (1605-1686).
Gelgel: a kingdom on the island of Bali, which was formed after the collapse of Majapahit. This kingdom regards itself as the true successor of Majapahit.
Periode kingdom of Klungkung
The Klungkung kingdom was actually a continuation of the dynasty Gelgel. I Gusti Agung Maruti uprising appeared to have ended the period Gelgel. This happened, because the son of Dalem Di Made was already adult and he could defeat I Gusti Agung Maruti; the palace of Gelgel was not restored. Gusti Agung Jambe as a son, who was entitled to the throne, did not want the throne in Gelgel, but choose a new place as the center of government, namely the former hideout in Semarapura.
List of kings
* 1460: Dalem Batur Enggong ruled from the year 1460 with the title Dalem Batur Enggong
* c. 1502: Dalem Samprangan (14th century or c. 1502?) [child from Sri Kresna Kepakisan]
* abad ke-14 atau c. 1520?: Dalem Ketut [brother of Dalem Samprangan] (engl.: link)
* Pertengahan abad ke-16: Dalem Baturenggong [child of Dalem Ketut] (engl.: link)
* fl. 1558-1578 or 1630s: Dalem Bekung [child of Dalem Baturenggong]
* c. 1580-1623 or ?-1650: Dalem Sagening [child of Dalem Baturenggong] (engl.: link)
* 1623-1642 or 1655–1665: Dalem Di Made [child of Dalem Sagening] (engl.: link)
* 1642–1650; posisi tidak jelas: Dewa Pacekan [child of Dalem Di Made] (engl.: link)
* 1651-c. 1655, wafat 1673; position not clear: Dewa Cawu [uncle, child of Dalem Sagening dari penawing] (engl.: link)
* usurpator, c. 1665-1686: Anglurah Agung Maruti
– Sumber / Source: https://id.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daftar_Raja_Bali#Raja-raja_Bali_pasca_1343
– Sumber / Source: http://sejarah-puri-pemecutan.blogspot.co.id/2011/05/sejarah-kerajaan-gelgel.html
Maps of old Bali
Bali (16th century ?)
Kingdoms on Bali, 19th century