The kingdom of Gunung Baringinis located on Prov. Sumatera Utara, Kab. Mandailing Natal.
This kingdom is a kingdom of the Mandailing Godang People, Clan Nasution.
History of the kingdom of Gunung Baringin
There is no information about this kingdom.
About Mandailing kingdoms
The regions of Mandailing ruled by Raja-Raja Panusunan are:
1) In the region of Mandailing Godang from the Clan Nasution, who are descendents of Sutan Diaru, there were 10 Raja Panusunan of kingdoms, among others:
- Penyabungan Tonga.
- Huta Siantar.
- Pidoli Dolok.
- Gunung Tua.
- Gunung Baringin.
- Penyabungan Julu.
- Aek Nangali.
- Muara Soma.
- Muara Parlampungan.
2) In the region of Mandailing Julu, Clan Lubis from the descendents of Namora Pande Bosi, there were 7 Raja Panusunan of kingdoms, among others”:
System of government of the kingdoms of Mandailing
The Mandailing Indigenous System (Adat) functionaries consist of:
- Raja (king).
- Namora Natoras.
- Other helpers of the king.
I About the Raja (king):
1) Raja Panusunan (Koeriahoofd).
Highest King of the highest of the union of several Huta and at the same time as King Huta in his own Hutanya.
2) Raja Ihutan (Onderkoeria). The king of Huta (kampung) under the King of Panusunan.
3) Raja Pamusuk (Kampoenghoofd). King who leads a huta (village) under King Ihutan and King of Panusunan.
4) Raja Sioban Ripe. Is under King Pamusuk and lives together in one Huta.
5) Suhu. Is under King Pamusuk and King Sioban Ripe.
In 1906 the post of King of Ihutan (Onderkoeria) and King Sioban Ripe was abolished by the Dutch Government and Ihutan (Onderkoeria) became the Chief of the Curia (Koeriahoofd).
Until now according to the Adat the Chairman of People of Mandailing is known only by the name:
1) King of the Panusunan. King Panusunan is the highest ruler of the unity of several villages (Huta) has the authority to oversee some of the King of Pamusuk (Head of Kampung).
2) King Pamusuk. King Pamusuk is a subordinate of King of Panusunan and submits to King Panusunan both in terms of custom and in terms of government. King Pamusuk in carrying out his duties is autonomous within his own village.
II Namora Natoras
Namora Natoras serves as the king’s companion in making decisions when discussing or completing a covenant involving the interests of his unity of huta, and accompanying the king in running his government.
About the Mandailing People
The Mandailing is a traditional cultural group in Southeast Asia. They are found mainly in the northern section of the island of Sumatra in Indonesia. They came under the influence of the Kaum Padri who ruled the Minangkabau of Tanah Datar. As a result, the Mandailing were influenced by Muslim culture and converted to Islam.
The first group who came to this region were the Lubis and Nasution, later followed by the Siregar, Harahap and so forth. Nasution and Lubis are the biggest groups in Mandailing clan. While other groups, such as Pulungan, Harahap, Matondang, Rangkuti, and others are the smaller groups of Luat Mandailing. Harahap and Siregar dwell almost in Luat Angkola, which now belongs to South Tapanuli Regency, situated between Regency and North Tapanuli Regency.
The Mandailing, along with other sub-ethnic Batak groups are the descendants of one man by the name of Batak; who migrated to the south before the coming of the Portuguese and Dutch colonisation of Sumatra. Dutch colonization in Sumatra caused the Mandailing to be typecast as a sub-category of the Batak, as a ‘wedge policy’ to classify the communities and create typologies. It instilled the division of the Islamic nations by a non-Muslim belt, called ‘Bataklanden’ (Bataklands). The Mandailing were associated with the Toba Batak people instead of being recognized as a distinct ethnic minority. Consequently, the Mandailing people have been torn between two cultural and ethnic identities, namely Batak-Mandailing in Indonesia and Malay-Mandailing in Malaysia.
The Padri War, which took place in West Sumatra and spread to the inland parts of East Sumatra between 1803 and 1845, caused an exodus of large groups of Mandailing from their homeland to peninsular Malaya. Among them were groups led by Raja Asal, the overlord of the Mandailings, and his nephew Raja Bilah.
– Mandailing People: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mandailing_people
Source (only indon. language)
– Kerajaan kerajaan Mandailing: https://radarmandailing.blogspot.co.id/2016/11/kerajaan-kerajaan-di-mandailing_9.html
– Sistem pemerintahan raja panusunan di Mandailing: http://patuandolok.blogspot.co.id/2010/02/sistem-pemerintahan-raja-panusunan-di.html
– Tambo raja raja Mandailing: http://thegreatmandailing.weebly.com/translation.html
– Marga Mandailing: https://id.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marga_Mandahiling
– Sejarah Suku Mandailing: http://geschiedenisfarizpratama.blogspot.co.id/2015/11/sejarah-suku-mandailing-sumatera-utara.html
– Sejarah Mandailing Natal: http://mandailing1993.blogspot.co.id/