The Kingdom of Buol (1380-1947) is a kingdom of the Buol People, located in the District Buol. prov. Central Sulawesi.
This kingdom is known since the 14th century.
District of Buol
Foto kingdom of Buol: below
Line of kingdoms on Sulawesi: link
Foto kingdoms on Sulawesi
Video history kingdoms on Sulawesi
– Video history kingdoms on Sulawesi, 40.000 BC – 2018: link
– Video history kingdoms on South Sulawesi, 1AD – 2020: link
– Video history kingdoms on Sulawesi Tenggara, 50.000 BC – 2020: link
– Video history kingdoms on North Sulawesi, 4000 BC – today: link
KINGDOM OF BUOL
About the king today (2020)
King of Buol (2020): Mohammad Safri Turungku.
History of the kingdom, 1380-1947
History of Buol began to be known since the reign of Ndubu I with his queen named Sakilato (about 1380) and subsequently replaced by Anogu Rlipu as Madika, who then moved the Government Center from Guamonial to Lamolan. After Anogu Rlipu passed away and Dae Bole had not returned, then Bokidu decided Bataralangit to become Madika (Raja) with the title of Madika Moputi or Sultan Eato and was estimated Madika Moputi is King Buol, who first embraced Islam by the name of Muhammad Tahir Wazairuladhim Abdurahman and died in 1594.
Substitute Madika Moputi is Dai Bole’s son Pombang Rlipu, who was given the title of Prins Yakut Kuntu Amas Raja Besar by Portuguese. After the reign of the famous Pombang Rlipu was the Sultan of Pondu, who did a lot of resistance to the Portuguese, but was caught and sentenced to death in the year 1770.
Map of region of Gorontalo (incl. Buol = Bwool)
List of kings
* Sultan Undain
* 1804-1810: Datumimo
* 1810-1818: Mokoapat
* Ndubu II
* 1839-1843: Datumula
* 1843-1857: Elam Siradjudin
* 1857-1858: Modeiyo (wakil)
* 1858-1864: Lahadung
Continued by Dynasty Turumbu / Turungku namely:
* 1864-1890: Turumbu / Turungku
* 1890-1899:Haji Patra Turungku
* 1899-1914: Datu Alam Turungku
* 1914-1947: Haji Akhmad Turungku
* 1947-1997: Mohammad Aminullah Turungku
* 1997- …….: Mahmud Aminullah Turungku
– For complete list: Source: link
Palace of the kingdom of Buol
In 1914, Datu Alam Turungku was replaced by Haji Ahmad Turungku as King of Buol. Then in 1916, Haji Ahmad Turungku was named Madika Buol. Haji Ahmad Turungku moved his royal house from Kasangan to Roji. In 1924, the royal palace was built with a roof made of shingles, so it was known as Kumalrigu Sirap.
By 1930, the Leok area had progressed. At the suggestion of controllers J. Rookmake (1929) and M. Waiswisz (1930), Haji Ahmad Turungku made Leok the center of the royal government. Then the royal palace at Roji was also moved to Leok.
According to sources, the current royal palace was rebuilt in 1985 by the Buol Tolitoli Regency Government at that time. When the palace was rebuilt, it was in a state of disrepair. Currently the building is used as the king’s residence and the Buol Kingdom museum.
Source (only indon. language)
– Sejarah kerajaan Buol di Wiki: link
– Daftar Raja Buol / list of kings: http://bloggersulteng.blogspot.co.id/2014/05/sekilas-sejarah-kabupaten-buol.html
– Suku Buol: http://kebudayaanindonesia.net/kebudayaan/962/suku-buol-toli-toli-sulawesi-tengah
– Suku Buol: http://protomalayans.blogspot.co.id/2012/10/suku-buol-sulawesi.html
King Patrah Turungku of Buol (1890-1901. Foto 1894. DonaldTick, Facebook
King Ibrahim Aminullah Turungku (1997-2013) with his queen
King of Buol Terungku (x) on17 augustus 1954. Foto Komunitas Historia Sul teng, FB.
Last ruling king of Buol – Haji Muhammad Aminullah Turungku. Died 1997.
The lokal heads in front of the house of the king of Buol, Hadji Achmad Turungku, in Paleleh.
Late king Ibrahim Turungku of Buol with the crown