The kingdom of Banko was a kingdom located on Sumatea, in the Rokan region, District of Rokan Hilir, province of Riau.
District of Rokan Hilir
Line history kingdoms on Sumatera: link
Foto kingdoms / sultanates on Sumatera
Video history of the kingdoms / sultanates on Sumatera
KINGDOM OF BANGKO
History of the kingdom of Bangko, 16th century
The kingdom of Bangko is a kingdom in the Rokan region in the province of Riau.
Rokan Hilir is formed of three Kenegerian (kingdoms), namely Kubu, Bangko and Tanah Putih. These countries were led by a Kepala Negeri (Head of State), who was responsible to the Sultan of Siak.
Nearly half a century after the end of the kingdom of Pekaitan and Batu Hampar, there was founded a new kingdom in Rokan Hilir, namely the Kingdom of Bangko. Bangko kingdom was founded by a scholar from Aceh, named Sharif Ali. The kingdom was established at approximately the mid-sixteenth century. Bangko Sharif Ali founded the kingdom of Bangko in the region of former kingdom of Batu Hampar.
– Source: http://www.riaudailyphoto.com/2010/03/kerajaan-bangko.html
History of the kingdoms in Rokan area
Rokan is the name of a river that divides the island of Sumatra in the middle, empties to the North of the Island (the Strait of Malacca). This area was the area of the kingdom of Rokan Tua, known to exist in the 13th century, when it was recorded in the “Kertagama Country” by Prapanca, written in 1364 AD.
Until now the name Rokan also still exists as can be seen in the development of Rokan Tua’s kingdom until now. According to Muchtar Lutfi, Wan Saleh in the history of Riau, who became the King of Rokan in the 14-15th century were descendents from Sultan Sidi, brother of Sultan Sujak, described in the book Sulalatus Salatin, which states that the king of Rokan is the son of Sultan Sidi brother of Sultan Sujak.
The Rokan Kingdom is based in Koto Intan, a place near Kotolamo and moved to Pekaitan and eventually moved to Rantau Kasai (in Siarang-arang). After that there is no mention of the name Rokan Kingdom again.
Rokan region was divided in Rokan Hilir and Rokan Kanan.
(Nb: kerajaan = kingdom)
Rokan Hulu was split up into 5 kingdoms:
* Kerajaan Tambusai in Dalu-dalu,
* Kerajaan Rambah in Pasirpengarayan,
* Kerajaan Kepenuhan in Kototongah,
* Kerajaan Rokan IV Koto, in Rokan,
* Kerajaan Kuntodarussalam in Kotolamo.
During the colonial period Rokan Hulu was changed into 2:
Rokan Kanan and Rokan Kiri.
Kingdoms in Riau, 19th century (incl. Bangko)
Source (only indon. language)
– Sejarah kerajaan Bangko: http://www.riaudailyphoto.com/2010/03/kerajaan-bangko.html
– Sejarah kerajaan Bangko: http://wartasejarah.blogspot.nl/2015/12/kerajaan-kerajaan-kecil-di-kabupaten.html
– Sejarah Kab. Rokan Hulu: http://www.riaudailyphoto.com/2013/03/profil-kabupaten-rokan-hulu.html
– Kab. Rokan Hulu di Wiki: https://id.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kabupaten_Rokan_Hulu
– Asal mulanya Kab. Rokan Hulu: http://herwandisahputra.blogspot.co.id/2014/10/kabupaten-rokan-hulu-adalah-kabupaten.html
– Sejarah Kab. Rokan Hilir: http://www.riaudailyphoto.com/2013/03/profil-kabupaten-rokan-hilir.html
– Kab. Rokan Hilir di Wiki: https://id.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kabupaten_Rokan_Hilir
– Sejarah Rokan Hilir: http://www.putramelayu.web.id/2014/05/sekelumit-sejarah-rokan-hilir.html