The Kingdom of Balok: 1616 – 1873. Located on the island of Belitung.
* Foto foto of Bangka Belitung: link
History of the kingdom of Balok
The first king of Balok descended from Javanese nobility of the Islamic kingdom of Mataram, Kiai Agus Masud or Kiai Agus Gedeh Ja’kub, titled Depati Cakraningrat I and reigned from 1618 to 1661. Furthermore, government was run by Kiai Agus Mending or Depati Cakraningrat II (1661-1696), who moved the center of the kingdom of Balok Lama to an area that became known as the Balok Baru. The ruler next was Kiai Agus Gending titled Depati Cakraningrat III.
In 1873 the title was removed by the Dutch Government. The descendent of the king of Balok was Kiai Agus Endek (reigned 1879-1890), who hold the rank of District Chief of Belitung and was based in Tanjungpandan.
– Source: link
History of the island of Belitung
Belitung is an archipelago, which had in the past several kings. At the end of the 7th century, Belitung was recorded as a part of the Kingdom of Srivijaya, then when the Majapahit Empire became strong in 1365, the island became one of the bastions of this kingdom. Only in the 15th century, Belitung got administration rights. But even then not for long, because when Palembang was ruled by Cakradiningrat II, the island was soon conquered by Palembang.
The kingdoms on Belitung were:
* Kingdom of Badau,
* Kingdom of Balok,
* Kingdom of Belantu,
* Kingdom of Buding.
1821, Belitung Island entered the territory of the UK. The British Resident in Bangka appointed a king of Siak to rule Belitung, because on this small island there was often resistance led by traditional elders. Based on the decisions of the Commissioner General of the United Kingdom on 17 April 1817, the British handed over Belitung to the Kingdom of the Netherlands. On behalf of Her Majesty the Queen of the Netherlands, was appointed a Resident Assistant to run the government in Belitung Island.
At that time Belitung was divided into six regions, namely:
* Tanjungpandan dan Gantung/Lenggang directly under the administration of Depati;
* Badau, Sijuk, Buding and Belantu under the respective governments Ngabehi.
In 1890, the Ngabehi removed and replaced with the District Chief.
– Sumber Wiki: link
Source (only indon. language)
– Makam raja Balok: http://www.thearoengbinangproject.com/makam-raja-balok-belitung-timur/
– Sejarah kerajaan Balok: https://astinurdiah.wordpress.com/2012/08/08/kerajaan-balok-belitung/
– 4 Kerajaan di Belitung: https://belitungpojok.wordpress.com/2011/11/18/masa-kerajaan/
– Sejarah Belitung / Badau di Wiki: link
– Sejarah pulau Bangka: https://id.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pulau_Bangka
– Sejarah pulau Belitung: https://id.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pulau_Belitung