History of the kingdoms in Tanah Toraja
Puang Tamboro Langi was the founder and also the first king of Kalindobulanan Lepongan Bulan (Tana Toraja). According to the saga, he descended from the sky at the peak of Mount Kandora in District Mengkendek, Tana Toraja in the mid-4th century AD
Puang Tamboro Langi was the first king of Kalindobulanan Lepongan Bulan and the ancestor of kings in the Kingdom of Lepongan Bulan (Tana Toraja) in particular and the first Tallu Bocco Kingdom (Toraja, Luwu and Gowa) in general.
Puang Tomatasak XIV in Kalindobulanan Lepongan Bulan is the last king.
After the three grandchildren of Bullu Matua have grown up, he divided the Kingdom Lepongan Bulan into three Kingdoms on an oath foundation called Basse Tallu Lembangna, namely Makale, Sangalla ‘and Mengkendek. This division was performed on an oath base called Basse Tallu Lembangna.
Although these three kingdoms were in full control and governed their respective territories, called Puang Basse Kakanna Makale, Puang basse Tanganna Sangalla’ dan Puang Basse Adinna Mengkendek, however symbolically there was still Tomatasak Kalindobulanan Puang Lepongan Bulan which historically had always been held by Puang Basse Tanganna Sangalla ‘for 13 periods ranging from Puang Palodang to Puang Laso’Rinding (Puang Sangalla’). One of the reasons was, because Tongkonan Layuk Kaero was the centre (Keraton) Lepongan Bulan which was built by Puang Patta La Bantan in Sangalla ‘area.
Also in Tana Toraja: The Buntu Pune settlement was first built in 1880 by Siambe ‘Pong Maramba’, one of the leaders or nobles.
Map of Toraja today (incl. Makale)
List of kings of Makale
- Puang Tiang Langi’as Puang Basse Kakanna Makale I, with the title Sullena Puang Bullu Matua lan padang ri Makale, solonna Puang Tiang Langi’ te Lipu Basse Kakanna
- Puang Todierong, replaced his father as Puang Basse Kakanna Makale II
- Puang Polanga, replaced his father as Puang Basse Kakanna Makale III
- Puang Pate’dangan replaced his father as Puang Basse Kakanna Makale IV
- Puang Sugi’ replaced his father as Puang Basse Kakanna Makale V
- Puang Sui’ Lalong, replaced his father as Puang Basse Kakanna Makale VI
- Puang Parapa’ replaced his father as Puang Basse Kakanna Makale VII
- Puang Lolo Angin, replaced his father as Puang Basse Kakanna Makale VIII
- Puang Payung Allo, replaced his father as Puang Basse Kakanna Makale IX
- Puang Tumba’ Makongkan, replaced his uncle, Puang Basse Kakanna Makale X
- Puang Tarongko, replaced his mother Puang Basse Kakanna Makale XI
- Puang Rante Allo alias Puang Tondon replaced his father as Puang Basse Kakanna Makale XII in Lembang Makale with the title Kepala Distrik Makale (1923-1943).
Source (only indon. language)
– Kerajaan Makale: http://solata-sejarahbudaya.blogspot.co.id/2015/11/kerajaan-basse-kakanna-makale-kerajaan.html
– Kerajaan Sangalla: https://sultansinindonesieblog.wordpress.com/sulawesi/raja-of-sanggala/
– Kerajaan Mengkendek:https://sultansinindonesieblog.wordpress.com/sulawesi/mengkendek-basse-adinna-mengkendek-kerajaan-tanah-toraja/
– Buntu Pune:https://sultansinindonesieblog.wordpress.com/sulawesi/buntu-pune-kerajaan/
– Sejarah kerajaan2 Tana Toraja: http://diasporaiqbal.blogspot.co.id/2013/01/tana-toraja-bagian-iii-suaya-kings.html
– Puan Tarongko, Basse Kakanna XI: http://solata-sejarahbudaya.blogspot.co.id/2015/11/puang-tarongko-basse-kakanna-xi.html
– Raja raja tradisional Tana Toraja: https://manukallodanga.wordpress.com/2011/07/31/raja-raja-toraja/
– Sejarah Toraja sekitar awal abad ke-13: http://matarik-allo.blogspot.co.id/2012/06/sejarah-toraya-di-sekitar-awal-abad-ke.html