The Kingdom of Banawa is located in Kabupaten Donggala, central Sulawesi.
This kingdom was founded in the 2nd half of the 15th century.
About the king
7 okt. 2014: From the Royal Family of Banawa: (FB): The latest King of Banawa, Laparenrengi Lamarauna, King of Banawa the 13, died.
History of the kingdom of Banawa
Before it was conquered by the Dutch government in 1904, Donggala region was a region with several kingdoms, who stood on their own, namely:
1. Kingdom of Palu
2. Kingdom of Sigi Dolo
3. Kingdom of Kulawi
4. Kingdom of Biromaru
5. Kingdom of Banawa
6. Kingdom of Tawaili
7. Kingdom of Moutong
8. Kingdom of Parigi
The kingdom of Banawa was founded by Sawerigading, with his son named La Galigo. They sailed to the west coast of Central Sulawesi and anchored on a beach about 7 km from the city of Donggala now.
During the reign of King Banawa VII La Sa Banawa and King IX La Marauna, Banawa was a local kingdom; it had an area of about 460,000 hectares.
Since the reign of King Banawa VII La Makagili, the kingdom of Banawa was centered in Pudjananti but moved exactly on July 23, 1893 to Donggala. Since then, Donggala became the capital of the Kingdom of Banawa until the end of the reign of King Banawa XII Andi Parenrengi or La Parenrengi. In line with the abolition of unoccupied areas throughout Indonesia, now Banawa just a Donggala districts of the capital.
Map of Tawaili, Parigi, Palu, Banawa. 1916
List of Magau (king)
1) King Banawa I name I Badantasa,
2) 1552 – 1557: King Banawa II, name I Tasa Banawa,
3) 1650 – 1698: King Banawa III, name Intoraya
4) 1698 – 1758: King Banawa IV, name La Bugia,
5) 1758 – 1800: King Banawa V, name Isa Bida, raja wanita
6) 1800 – 1845: King Banawa VI, name Puteri Sandudogie, queen
7) 1845 – 1889: King Banawa VII, name La Sa Banawa (with the title “Mpue Mputi”)
8) 1889 – 1903: King Banawa VIII, name La Makagili,
9) 1903 – 1926: King Banawa IX, name La Marauna (with the title “Mpue Totua”).
10)1926 – 1932: King Banawa X, name La Gaga
11) 1932 – 1947: King Banawa XI, name La Ruhana
12) 1947 – 1959: King Banawa XII, name La Parenrengi, youngest son of Raja La Marauna married with Hajja Sania Tombolotutu. Last king of the kinngdom of Banawa. He died in Palu 1986.
History of the kingdoms in Donggala region
For history of the kingdoms in Donggala region, click here
Source (only indon. language)
– Sejarah kerajaan Banawa (Donggala) di Melayuonline: link
– Kerajaan Banawa di Wik: https://id.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kerajaan_Banawa
– Sejarah kerajaan Banawa (Donggala): http://www.bimbie.com/sejarah-kerajaan-banawa.htm
– Kerajaan maritim bernama Banawa: http://pudjananti.blogspot.co.id/2012/03/kerajaan-maritim-bernama-banawa-oleh.html
– Daftar raja Banawa: http://iinainarlawide.blogspot.co.id/2010/08/sejarah-singkat-kerajaan-banawa.html
– Sejarah kerajaan-kerajaan Donggala: link