Sultanate of Tidore: From the 13th century untill today. Located on the island of Tidore.
About the Sultan
2014: Husain Alting became the new Sultan the 37 of Tidore. After the death of Sultan Haji Djafar Syah (1999–2012).
Sultanate of Tidore (Indonesian: Kesultanan Tidore, sometimes Kerajaan Tidore) was a sultanate in Southeast Asia, centered on the Spice Islands of Tidore, a rival of Sultanate of Ternate for control of the spice trade.
The Sultanate of Tidore ruled most of southern Halmahera, and, at times, controlled Buru, Ambon and many of the islands off the coast of New Guinea. In 1605 war broke out with neighbouring Ternate. Tidore had established a loose alliance with the Portuguese in the seventeenth century who had several forts on the island. Ternate had allied with Dutch traders.
Tidore established a loose alliance with the Spanish in the sixteenth century, and Spain had several forts on the island. While there was much mutual distrust between the Tidorese and the Spaniards, for Tidore the Spanish presence was helpful in resisting incursions by their Dutch enemy on Ternate, as well as their Dutch ally, that had a fort on that island.
Before the Spanish withdrawal from Tidore and Ternate in 1663, Tidore became one of the most independent kingdoms in the region, resisting direct control by Dutch East India Company (VOC). Particularly under Sultan Saifuddin (r. 1657-1689), the Tidore court was skilled at using Dutch payment for spices for gifts to strengthen traditional ties with Tidore’s traditional periphery. As a result, he was widely respected by many local populations, and had little need to call on the Dutch for military help in governing the kingdom, as Ternate frequently did.
Tidore remained an independent kingdom, albeit with frequent Dutch interference, until the late eighteenth century. Like Ternate, Tidore allowed the Dutch spice eradication program (extirpatie) to proceed in its territories. This program, intended to strengthen the Dutch spice monopoly by limiting production to a few places, impoverished Tidore and weakened its control over its periphery.
– Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sultanate_of_Tidore
List of kings
1) Kolano Syahjati alias Muhammad Nakil bin Jaffar Assidiq
2) Kolano Bosamawange
3) Kolano Syuhud alias Subu
4) Kolano Balibunga
5) Kolano Duko adoya
6) Kolano Kie Matiti
7) Kolano Seli
8) Kolano Matagena
9) 1334-1372: Kolano Nuruddin
10) 1372-1405: Kolano Hasan Syah
11) 1495-1512: Sultan Ciriliyati alias Djamaluddin
12) 1512-1526: Sultan Al Mansur
13) 1526-1535: Sultan Amiruddin Iskandar Zulkarnaen
14) 1535-1569: Sultan Kiyai Mansur
15) 1569-1586: Sultan Iskandar Sani
16) 1586-1600: Sultan Gapi Baguna
17) 1600-1626: Sultan Mole Majimo alias Zainuddin
18) 1626-1631: Sultan Ngora Malamo alias Alauddin Syah; memindahkan pemerintahan dan mendirikan Kadato (Istana) Biji Negara di Toloa.
19) 1631-1642: Sultan Gorontalo alias Saiduddin
20) 1642-1653: Sultan Saidi
21) 1653-1657: Sultan Mole Maginyau alias Malikiddin
22) 1657-1674: Sultan Saifuddin alias Jou Kota; memindahkan pemerintahan dan mendirikan Kadato (Istana) Salero, di Limau Timore (Soasio)
23) 1674-1705: Sultan Hamzah Fahruddin
24) 1705-1708: Sultan Abdul Fadhlil Mansur
25) 1708-1728: Sultan Hasanuddin Kaicil Garcia
26) 1728-1757: Sultan Amir Bifodlil Aziz Muhidin Malikul Manan
27) 1757-1779: Sultan Muhammad Mashud Jamaluddin
28) 1780-1783: Sultan Patra Alam
29) 1784-1797: Sultan Hairul Alam Kamaluddin Asgar
30) 1797-1805: Sultan Syaidul Jehad Amiruddin Syaifuddin Syah Muhammad El Mab’us Kaicil Paparangan Jou Barakati, Nuku
31) 1805-1810: Sultan Zainal Abidin
32) 1810-1821: Sultan Motahuddin Muhammad Tahir
33) 1821-1856: Sultan Achmadul Mansur Sirajuddin Syah. Pembangunan Kadato Kie
34) 1856-1892: Sultan Achmad Syaifuddin Alting
35) 1892-1894: Sultan Achmad Fatahuddin Alting
36) 1894-1906: Sultan Achmad Kawiyuddin Alting Alias Shah Juan. Setelah wafat, terjadi Masa awal konflik internal, (Kadato kie dihancurkan) hingga vakumnya kekuasaan.
37) 1947-1967: Sultan Zainal Abidin Syah; pasca wafat, vakumnya kekuasaan.
38) 1999-2012: Sultan Hi. Djafar Syah. Pembangunan Kadato Kie kembali
39) 2014: H. Husain Alting menjadi Sultan Tidore ke-37.