The kingdom of Alla was located in the region of Enrekang, south Sulawesi.
This kingdom exists since the 19th century.
The title of the king is Arung.
* Foto’s of Sulawesi in the past, People of Sulawesi dan old sites: link
History of Alla
The kingdom of Tallu Batu Papan (Duri) was part of the Federation Massenrempulu (for Massenrempulu see below).
Kingdom of Tallu Batu Papan (Duri) existed of 3 parts: Buntu Batu, Malua, Alla’. Buntu Batu was ruled by Arung/Puang Buntu Batu, Malua was ruled by Arung/Puang Malua, and Alla’ was ruled by Arung Alla’.
King Kapataha Malindring (Puang Pasalin, 1780 – 1800) as Arung of Duri split the kingdom into 3 regions for his children:
* Buntu Batu,
List of kings
Raja Kapataha Malindring (Puang Pasalin, 1780-1800) as Arung of Duri divided the kingdom in 3 regions for each of his children:
There are 2 versions.
Version I: Puang (raja, king) of Alla, according to Komunitas Buntu Batu:
* 1800-1830: Puang Kapataha
* 1830-1850: Puang Mappa
* 1850-1860: Puang Mataelo
* 1860-1880: Puang Mangke
* 1934-1950: Arung Patanrangi
Version II, Puang (raja, king) of Alla according to Worldstatesman:
* c.1800: Manang
* 18.. – 18..: Mappa
* 18.. – 18..: Patta Mataelo
* 18.. – 18..: Mangke
* c.1880 – 1900: La Taha
* 1900 – 1909: Kabe (f)
* 1909 – 1913: I Lorong (d. 1913)
* 1913 – 1934: La Welio I Jina Bantl
* 1934 – 1950: Pasanrangi
Since the XIV century, the region of Enrekang is called Massenrempulu ‘which means marginalize the mountain or along the mountain, while the Enrekang name from Endeg which means Rise From or Climbing and from here the origin of the name Endekan.
Historically, in the beginning Enrekang Regency was a large kingdom called Malepong Bulan, then this kingdom is Manurung with a federation that combines 7 regions / kingdom better known as the “Pitue Massenrempulu” federation, namely:
NB: kerajaan = kingdom
- Kerajaan Endekan ruled by Arung/Puang Endekan
- Kerajaan Kassa ruled by Arung Kassa’
- Kerajaan Batulappa‘ ruled by Arung Batulappa’
- Kerajaan Tallu Batu Papan (Duri) which was an alliance of Buntu Batu, Malua, Alla’. Buntu Batu ruled by Arung/Puang Buntu Batu, Malua ruled/Puang Malua, Alla’ by Arung Alla’
- Kerajaan Maiwa ruled by Arung Maiwa
- Kerajaan Letta‘ ruled by Arung Letta’
- Kerajaan Baringin (Baringeng) ruled by Arung Baringin.
Pitu Massenrempulu occurred in the 15th century. But around the 17th century Pitu Massenrempulu changed its name to “Lima Massenrempulu”, because the kingdom of Baringin and the Letta kingdom did not join the Massenrempulu federation.
Five Massenrempulu consisted of:
Because the Politics of Devide At Impera the Dutch government broke this area with the Decree of the Royal Dutch Command (KORTE VERKLARING) where the kingdom of Kassa and the kingdom of Batu Lappa was put into Sawitto. This occurred ± 1905 (XX century), so to remain in the state of FIVE MASSENREMPULU, the kingdoms within it are broken down into:
* Buntu Batu
During the dutch time the kingdoms were called “Landschap”.
Source (only indon. language)
– Daftar raja, Komunitas Buntu Batu: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Komunitas-Buntu-Batu/158903927471052
– Daftar raja, Worldstatesmen: http://www.worldstatesmen.org/Indonesia_princely_states2.html
– Sejarah Kabupaten Enrekang / Massenrempulu: https://massenrengpulu.wordpress.com/pertama/sejarah-kab-enrekang/
– Sejarah Enrekang di Wiki: Wiki