Kingdom of Peurelak (Perlak): 840 – 1292. Located on Sumatera, District Aceh Timur, prov. Aceh.
District Aceh Timur
Line history kingdoms on Sumatera: link
Foto sultanate of Aceh
Foto kingdoms / sultanates on Sumatera
Video history of the kingdoms / sultanates on Sumatera
KINGDOM OF PEUREULAK (PERLAK)
History of the kingdom of Peureulak (Perlak), 840 – 1292
Peureulak Sultanate is one of the earliest Islamic kingdom in Southeast Asia, believed to be as early as 9th century. The location of Peureulak is in what is now the East Aceh Regency.
Peureulak sultanate was an Islamic kingdom in Indonesian ruling around the area Peurelak, East Aceh, between 840 until the year 1292.
The kingdom of Peureulak was ruled by Sulthans of several dynasties. The earliest dynasty ruling the Peureulak Muslim empire was the Sayed Dynasty Maulana Abdul Azis Maghdum Shah 840 – 918. In the same time the kingdom of Sriwijaya was declining of the glory of the Sriwijaya government in Palembang. In 840 – 864 the sultan was Sulthan Alaiddin Sayed Maulana Abdul Azis Maghdum Shah. Successively reigned Sulthan Sulthan Alaiddin Sayed Maulana Abdul Rahim Shah and Sulthan Alaiddin Sayed Maulana Abdul Abbas Syah. The tomb of Sulthan Suledan Alaiddin Sayed Maulana Abdul Azis Maghdum Syah is located in Banda Khalifan bandrong village, where there are tombstones framed in 225 – 249 Hijri.
Grave of a king of Peureulak
List of kings
* 840-864: Sultan Alaiddin Syed Maulana Abdul Azis Shah
* 864-888: Sultan Alaiddin Syed Maulana Abdul Rahim Shah
* 888-913: Sultan Alaiddin Syed Maulana Abbas Shah
* 915-918: Sultan Alaiddin Syed Maulana Ali Mughat Shah
* 928-932: Sultan Makhdum Alaiddin Malik Abdul Kadir Shah Johan
* 932-956: Sultan Makhdum Alaiddin Malik Muhammad Amin Shah Johan
* 956-983: Sultan Makhdum Alaiddin Abdul Malik Shah Johan
* 986-1023: Sultan Makhdum Alaiddin Malik Ibrahim Shah Johan
* 1023-1059: Sultan Makhdum Alaiddin Malik Mahmud Shah Johan
* 1059-1078: Sultan Makhdum Alaiddin Malik Mansur Shah Johan
* 1078-1109: Sultan Makhdum Alaiddin Malik Abdullah Shah Johan
* 1109-1135: Sultan Makhdum Alaiddin Malik Ahmad Shah Johan
* 1135-1160: Sultan Makhdum Alaiddin Malik Mahmud Shah Johan
* 1160-1173: Sultan Makhdum Alaiddin Malik Usman Shah Johan
* 1173-1200: Sultan Makhdum Alaiddin Malik Muhammad Shah Johan
* 1200-1230: Sultan Makhdum Alaiddin Abdul Jalil Shah Johan
* 1230-1267: Sultan Makhdum Alaiddin Malik Muhammad Amin Shah II Johan
* 1267-1292: Sultan Makhdum Alaiddin Malik Abdul Aziz Johan
Stempel of the kingdom of Peureulak
About the small kingdoms under the sultanate of Aceh
The western part of the kingdom of Aceh Darussalam was opened and built in the 16th century on the initiative of Sultan Saidil Mukamil (Sultan of Aceh who lived between 1588-1604), followed by Sultan Iskandar Muda (Sultan of Aceh who lived in 1607-1636) the Acehnese Rayeuk and Pidie.
The first bustling area was at Meulaboh bay (Pasi Karam) ruled by a king who was titled Teuku Keujruen Meulaboh, and Negeri Daya (District Jaya) which at the end of the 15th century had established a kingdom with its king is Sultan Salatin Alaidin Riayat Shah with the title Poteu Meureuhom Daya.
The area of West Aceh at the end of the 17th century had developed into several small kingdoms led by a Uleebalang, namely: Kluang; Lamno; Kuala Lambeusoe; Kuala Daya; Kuala Unga; Babah Awe, and many more.
Coins of the kingdom of Peureulak
The structure of government of the small kingdoms
1) Gampong, the leader was called Geucik or Keuchik. The smallest territorial area of the government structure in Aceh was the Gampong. A Gampong consisted of groups of houses adjacent to each other.
The leader of the gampong was called Geucik or Keuchik, who was assisted by a proficient in religious matters, as Teungku Meunasah.
2) Mukim, the leader was called Imum Mukim. The larger territorial area of government was the Mukim. The Mukim was a combination of several gampongs, which were located nearby.
The leader of Mukim was called Imum Mukim. He was the one who coordinated the village (gampong) heads or Keuchik-Keuchik.
3) Sago or Sagoe, the leader was called Commander Sagoe or Panglima Sagi. In the Aceh region of Rayeuk (District Aceh Besar now), was a form of government called Sagoe or Sagi. The entire region of Aceh Rayeuk was incorporated into three Sagi, which can be regarded as three federations. The three Sagoe or Sagi were named:
1. Sagi XXII Mukim, consisted of 22 mukim.
2. Siva XXV Mukim, consisted of 25 mukim
3. Sagi XXVI Mukim, consisted of 26 Mukim
The leader was called Panglima Sagoe or Panglima Sagi, from generation to generation, they also hold the title of Uleebalang.
They were appointed as Panglima Sagi by the Sultan of Aceh, who gave them a stamp of the Kingdom of Aceh known as Cap Sikureung.
4) Nangroe, the leader was called Uleebalang. Another form of royal territory found in Aceh was called Nangroe or Negeri. This Nangroe was actually a conquered area of the Kingdom of Aceh and was located outside Aceh Inti or Aceh Rayeuk.
The leadership of Nangroe was called Uleebalang, which was established by tradition for generations.
The Uleebalang was the Head of State of the small kingdoms who were very powerful. However, when they assume the position of Uleebalang in their area, they had to be approved by the Sultan of Aceh. The Appointment Letter was called Sarakata and stamped with the stamp of the Kingdom of Aceh, Cap Sikureung.
5) The Sultan. The highest level in the government structure of the Kingdom of Aceh was the central government based in the royal capital, formerly known as Bandar Aceh Dar as Salam. The head of the central government was the Sultan who had the title of Tuanku.
Map of the small kingdoms in Aceh 1917
Source Peureulak (english)
– History of the kingdom: https://steemit.com/history/@voteone/know-the-kingdom-of-perlak-as-the-first-islamic-kingdom-in-indonesia
– History of the kingdom: https://cnsteem.com/indonesia/@asnawiabbas/the-peureulak-islamic-empire-an-almost-forgotten-ancient-history
Source Peureulak (only indon. language)
– Sejarah kerajaan Peureulak: https://harunjaya33.wordpress.com/2012/04/20/aceh-sebelum-darussalam/
– Sejarah kerajaan Peureulak di Wiki: link
– Sejarah kerajaan Peureulak: https://www.facebook.com/notes/sejarah-aceh/kerajaan-peureulak-di-aceh/10151005826788541/
– Kerajaan Islam Peureulak: https://mahmudiidi.wordpress.com/aceh-loen-sayang/seujarah/sejarah-kerajaan-islam-peureulak-aceh-timur/
– Daftar Raja: https://id.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kesultanan_Peureulak#Daftar_Sultan_Perlak
– Tentang keturunan sekarang: link
Source (only indon. language)
– Uleebalang di Aceh: https://id.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kesultanan_Aceh#Ul.C3.A8.C3.ABbalang_.26_Pembagian_Wilayah
– Uleebalang di kesultanan Aceh: https://www.kompasiana.com/ruslan./siapakah-uleebalang_552c324c6ea83444128b4580
– Sejarah Uleebalang: https://www.facebook.com/boy.adityamawardi/posts/771874096190147
– Struktur pemerintahan kesultanan Aceh: http://febasfi.blogspot.co.id/2012/11/struktur-atau-lembaga-pemerintahan.html
– Struktur pemerintahan kesultanan Aceh: http://helmiyymailcom.blogspot.co.id/2012/10/struktur-pemerintahaan-kerajaan-aceh.html
– Struktur pemerintahan kesultanan Aceh: http://wartasejarah.blogspot.co.id/2013/07/kerajaan-aceh.html
– Tentang uleebalang: https://id.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ul%C3%A8%C3%ABbalang