The Kingdom of Kui is located on the island of Alor. District of Alor, province of Nusa Tenggara Timor.
* Foto kingdoms on the island of Alor: link
About the king
Raja (2005): Raja Kaharuddin Kinanggi.
Raja Kaharuddin Kinanggi of KuiAlor. Present Caretaker Raja Drs. Mochammad Kinanggi is high government official in Kupang. Foto 2005 ?
History of the kingdom
The dynasty is a typical Alor dynasty in the present time, because of the fact, that several members are member of local, or provincial government on high, or lower level. The caretaker-Raja was government official. The present Raja functions very high on provincial level. A brother of him is high local government official.
The residence of the Raja isn’t far from the Alor capital Kalabahi: Lerabaing. The people of Kui is also much attached to the Raja dynasty.
Kingdoms on the island of Alor
NB: kerajaan = kingdom
History of the island of Alor
More than 15 different indigenous languages are spoken on Alor, the majority of them classified as Papuan or non-Austronesian. These include Abui, Adang, Hamap, Kabola, Kafoa, Woisika, Kelon, and Kui. In addition, Alorese is a Malayo-Polynesian language.
Source (only in indon. language)
– Tentang Suku Abui: http://protomalayans.blogspot.co.id/2012/11/suku-abui-nusa-tenggara-timur.html
– Sejarah pulau Alor di Wiki: link
– Alor dulu dan sekarang: http://alor-kenari.blogspot.co.id/2012/01/alor-dulu-dan-sekarang.html
– Tentang Suku Alor: http://suku-dunia.blogspot.nl/2014/08/sejarah-suku-alor-di-nusa-tenggara.html
– Sejarah pulau Alor: http://posalor.blogspot.co.id/2014/02/sejarah-pulau-alor.html
– Masuknya Islam di Alor: http://bz69elzam.blogspot.nl/2008/08/sekilas-sejarah-masuknya-islam-di-alor.html