The Sultanate of Panai was located on Sumatera, District Labuhan Batu, province of north Sumatera. Founded in 1815.
District Labuhan Batu
Line history kingdoms on Sumatera: link
Foto kingdoms / sultanates on Sumatera
Video history of the kingdoms / sultanates on Sumatera
SULTANATE OF PANAI
History of the sultanate of Panai, founded 1815
Dutch invaders entered the region Labuhan Batu in 1825.
Prior to entering the area Labuhan Batu, the system of government of Labuhan Batu was a monarchy. The Head of State was called Sultan or King, assisted by Bendahara Paduka Sri Maharaja, who served as Chief of daily administration (sort of the Prime Minister).
Sultanates in this region at that time consisted of four of kingdoms, namely:
1) Sultanate of Kota Pinang, based in the city of Kota Pinang,
2) Sultanate of Kualuh, located in Tanjung Pasir,
3) Sultanate of Panai based in Labuan Bilik,
4) Sultanate of Bila, located in Negeri Lama.
Plus a Half-Bestuur Kingdom Kampung Raja, located in Tanjung Medan.
Labuhanbilik or Panai was founded by Sultan Kaharuddin (Marhum Kaharuddin), King of the Kingdom of the 4th, around 1815.
Previous royal center was still in the upper river. The kingdom was founded by Raja Murai Perkasa Alam.
The name Labuhanbatu appeared when in 1862 the Dutch Navy came to a village in Upper Labuhanbilik, to be precise, in the present Sei Rakyat Village. In this village the Dutch built a ship landing place made of concrete stones. This place developed into a stopover and ship landing which later became a large village with the name Pelabuhanbatu. The community shortened the name to Labuhanbatu, this name was later attached and assigned to the area name of Labuhanbatu Regency.
Kingdoms on North Sumatera, 19th century
Source (only indon. language)
– Sejarah kesultanan Panai: http://panekotaku.blogspot.co.id/2011/07/labuhanbilik-pane.html
– Sejarah kesultanan Panai: http://sejarah-labuhanbatu.blogspot.co.id/2011/03/kerajaan-panai.html
– Sejarah Kabupaten Labuhan Batu: http://www.kemendagri.go.id/pages/profil-daerah/kabupaten/id/12/name/sumatera-utara/detail/1210/labuhan-batu
– Sejarah kerajaan-kerajaan di Labuhan Batu: http://earning-news.blogspot.co.id/2010/04/sejarah-labuhan-batu.html
– Sejarah Labuhanbatu: http://desahutagodang.blogspot.co.id/2011/11/sejarah-labuhan-batu.html