Kepaksian Bejalan di Way is 1 of 4 paksi of the sultanate of Skala Brak. This kingdom already exists since the 3d century.
Skala Brak is located at the foot of Mount Pesagi (highest mountain in Lampung), Prov. Lampung, Sumatra.
Location Mount Pesagi
* Foto Skala Brak, Paksi Bejalan di Way: link
Line history kingdoms on Sumatera: link
Foto kingdoms / sultanates on Sumatera
Video history of the kingdoms / sultanates on Sumatera
SULTANATE OF SKALA BRAK, PAKSI BEJALAN DI WAY
About the sultan (2018)
Present sultan: Selayar Akbar, SE Akt, gelar Sultan Jayakesuma ke-IV.
History of the sultanate of Skala Brak, 3d century
Kepaksian Skala Brak existed already in the 3th / 4th century. It was a Hindu kingdom. The existence of the kingdom is based on evidences of historical relics, like the existence of a big slate in Bunuk Tuar, the kepapang stone and the site of Bekhak.
The kingdom of Skala Brak collapsed, when Islamic teaching started to come in this area.
There were 4 Umpu’s of Pagaruyung, who arrived in Skala Brak. These 4 Umpu’s were Umpu Belunguh, Umpuh Pernong, Umpu Berjalan di Way and Umpu Nyerupa.
In Skala Brak those 4 Umpu’s established an association named Paksi Pak.
The 4 Umpu’s had a big role in establishing Skala Brak Kingdom. Later this kingdom was divided in 4 regions and each of the 4 figures became its leader:
1. Umpu Bejalan Di Way ruled in the region of Kembahang and Balik Bukit; this region was called Paksi Buay Bejalan di Way,
2. Umpu Belunguh ruled the region Belalau, this region was called Paksi Buay Belunguh,
3. Umpu Nyerupa ruled the region Sukau, this region was called Paksi Buay Nyerupa,
4. Umpu Pernong ruled Batu Brak, this region was called Paksi Buay Pernong.
So, the governmental structure of Skal Brak kingdom was divided into 4 Paksi’s: Buay Bejalan di Way, Buay Belunguh, Buau Nyerupa and Buay Pernong.
– For full history see: http://melayuonline.com/eng/history/dig/409/skala-brak-kingdom
Location of the kingdom of Skala Brak
Skala Brak is located at the foot of Mount Pesagi (highest mountain in Lampung), West Lampung district.
Source Paksi Bejalan diway (indon. language))
– Sejarah dan daftar raja Kepaksian Bejalan di Way: http://paksibejalandiway.blogspot.co.id/
– Sejarah Kepaksian Bejalan di Way: http://saliwanovanadiputra.blogspot.co.id/2012/02/sejarah-paksi-buay-bejalan-diway.html
Source Skala Brak (english)
– History of kingdom of Skala Brak: http://fakhri-tutor.blogspot.co.id/2009/10/kingdom-brak-scale-language-indonesia-1.html
– History of kingdom of Skala Brak: http://melayuonline.com/eng/history/dig/409/skala-brak-kingdom
Source Skala Brak (only indon. language)
– Sejarah Skala Brak di Melayuonline: link
– Sejarah Skala Brak di Wiki: https://id.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kepaksian_Sekala_Brak
– Sejarah Skala Brak dan daftar raja: http://up45.kelaskaryawan.co.id/_b.php?_b=info&id=41700#Berdirinya_Kepaksian_Sekala_Brak
– Sejarah Skala Brak: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1363447
– Sejarah Skala Brak: https://khufronimi9.wordpress.com/sejarah-kerajaan/
– Sejarah Lampung: https://supriliwa.wordpress.com/sejarah-lampung/