The kingdom of Tanoh Jawa was a kingdom of the Simalungun People, Sinaga clan, located on Sumatera, District Simalungun. North Sumatera Province. 14th Century.
Line history kingdoms on Sumatera: link
Foto kingdoms / sultanates on Sumatera
Video history of the kingdoms / sultanates on Sumatera
KINGDOM OF TANOH JAWA
About the king today (2020)
There is no information about the king today.
Raja Tanoh Jawa Tuan Kaliamsyah Sinaga.
History of the kingdom of Tanoh Jawa
1906: The Dutch make up the government in the Simalungun region according to the Belsuit Governor General of the Dutch East Indies Stbl. No 531 of 1906 appointing the swapraja government, comprising seven Kingdoms called the “Napal King” / the Seven Kings, namely:
* Siantar (marga Damanik),
* Panei (marga Purba Dasuha),
* Dolok Silou (marga Purba Tambak),
* Tanoh Djawa (marga sinaga),
* Raya (marga Saragih Garingging),
* Purba (marga Purba Pakpak),
* Silimakuta (marga Purba Girsang).
According to the Simalungun version, Sinaga became one of the 4 clans of the Simalungun tribe during the “Harungguan Bolon” (great deliberation) between the 4 great kings (King Nagur, King Banua Sobou, King Banua Purba, King Saniang Naga): not to attack each other and no mutually hostility (marsiurupan Bani hasunsahan na legan, rup mangimbang munssuh).
The descendants of Saniang Naga were from the Sinaga clan in the kingdom of Tanah Jawa, Batanghio in Asahan. As the Majapahit empire expanded in Sumatra in the 14th century, troops from Jambi led by the Humpback Commander fled to the kingdom of Batanghiou and confessed that they were Sinaga. According to Taralamsyah Saragih, their ancestors later became the king Tanoh Djawa from the clan Sinaga Dadihoyong after they defeated Tuan Raya Si Tonggang Sinaga clan from the kingdom of Batangiou in a ritual swearing (Sibijaon). However there is also mention that Sinaga descendants of the king Tanoh Djawa came from the area of Tanah Naga in East India bordering Myanmar (Wikipedia: Sinaga). The first king of the kingdom of Tanah Jawa was Tuan Sorgalawan Sinaga. Mr. Kaliamsjah was the 12th king until the bloody revolution in 1946.
Kingdoms in North Sumatera, 19th century
List of kings
– King 1: Sorgalawan,
– King 2: Djontaboelan,
– King 3: Sorgahari. Sorgahari had two sons, the first named Oesoel and the second named Djintanari. After Sorgahari’s death, Sorgahari’s first child named Oesoel became:
– King 4: Oesoel, and after Oesoel died the royal throne was continued by his brother named Djintanari, he became:
– King 5: Djintanari.
– King 6: was Timboel he was the son of Djintanari. The 6th King had a son of 5 (five) people. After the 6th king died, the royal throne fell to his second son, Podang rani, he became:
King 7: Podang, after Podang died, then he was replaced by his oldest brother named Horpanaloean became:
King 8: Horpanaloean.
1907-1912: King 9: Tuan Sanggah Goraha.
1912-1917: King 10: Tuan Djintar.
1918-1919: After Mr.Tuan Djintar died, the kingdom of Tanah Jawa was temporarily held directly by his queen Puang Bolon boru Damanik from Bandar from 1918 to 1919.
1919/1920: Tuan Sangmadjadi installed as Pemangku of the kingdom of Tanah Jawa.
On July 27, 1921 Tuan Sangmajadi signed the Korte Verklaring which was later legalized by the highest Government of the Netherlands with Geluin Besluit No.23 January 1922, since the signing of Korte Verklaring it has become lawful that Mr. Sangmadjadi became:
– King 11: Tuan Sangmadjadi.
In the year 1940 before he died, he was awarded by the Dutch Government in the form of a gold-clad Royal Scepter and a golden Umbrella Royal. Lord Sangmajadi died in 1940 leaving three sons.
After Lord Sangmadjadi died the Kingdom of Java Land held by his eldest son named Mr. Kaliamsjah until the revolution.
Sitting: king of Tanah Jawa 1919 – 1940, Tuan Sang Majadi (1885 – 23 Juli 1940).
Kingdoms in the Simalungun area
In its history there are 3 (three) phases of kingdoms, that once ruled and reigned in Simalungun.
The first phase is the two kingdom phase (harajaon na dua):
NB: Marga = Clan
The second phase is the phase of 4 kingdoms:
The third phase is the phase of 7 kingdoms:
* Kingdom of Siantar (marga Damanik),
* Kingdom of Panai (marga Purba Dasuha),
* Kingdom of Silau (marga Purba Tambak),
* Kingdom of Tanoh Jawa (marga Sinaga),
* Kingdom of Raya (marga Saragih Garingging),
* Kingdom of Purba (marga Purba Pakpak) dan
* Kingdom of Silimakuta (marga Purba Girsang) (Damanik, 2010:1-2).
This third phase begins with the actions of the Dutch government to form a government in the Simalungun region, by treating Belsuit Governor General of the Dutch East Indies Stbl. No 531 of 1906 with the arrangement of seven Kingdoms, called “Napal Kings”.
District Simalungun today (with boundaries old kingdoms)
Source Tanoh Jawa (only indon. language)
– Tentang kerajaan Tanoh Jawa: http://sopopanisioan.blogspot.co.id/2014/04/kerajaan-kerajaan-di-simalungun.html
– Tentang raja Tanoh Jawa: http://www.simalungunonline.com/raja-tanah-jawa.html
– Penelusuran situs kerajaan Tanoh Jawa: http://maroeboen.blogspot.co.id/2012/08/penelusuran-situs-kerajaan-tanoh-jawa.html
– Stambom kerajaan Tanoh Jawa: http://sinagaeone.blogspot.co.id/2009/03/stambom-keradjaan-tanah-djawa.html
Source Simalungun (only indon. language)
– Sejarah kerajaan Simalungun: http://uun-halimah.blogspot.co.id/2007/12/raja-dan-kerajaan-di-simalungun.html
– Sejarah kerajaan Simalungun: http://awisaragih.blogspot.co.id/2011/03/kerajaan-simalungun-dan-siantar.html
– Sejarah kerajaan Simalungun: http://tondangmargana.blogspot.co.id/2013/02/sejarah-singkat-kerajaan-kerajaan.html
– Suku Simalungun di Wiki: Wiki
– Marga marga Simalungun: https://batakculture.wordpress.com/2012/02/27/marga-marga-di-simalungun/
– Sejarah marga Purba di Wiki: Wiki
– Sejarah marga Saragih di Wiki: Wiki
– Sejarah marga Sinaga di Wiki: Wiki
– Sejarah marga Damanik di Wiki: Wiki
– Asal usul bangsa Simalungun: link