The kingdom of Lamaknen is located on the island of Timor, District Belu, prov. Nusa Tenggara Timor.
Location of Timor
* Foto kingdom of Lamaknen: link
About the king
The king today (2018): Loro Ignatius Josef Kalimau of Lamaknen
History of the kingdom
This region has long been debated between the colonial powers of Portugal and the Netherlands. After the Treaty of Lisbon (1859) Lamaknen was assigned to the Dutch colonial territory, while the northern regions, east and south of Portugal. However, border demarcation remains controversial.
1933 Lamaknen was described as unity of Bunak kingdom Makhir, Lamak Senulu (Lamaksenulu, Lamaksanoeloe) Kewar, Leowalu (Leowaloe) Loonuna (Loonoena, Lona) Nualain (Noealain, Noalain) Lakmaras and Dirun (Diroen).
Loroh Lamaknen was given traditionally by King Kewar and Lakmaras; Lakmaras had an inactive ruler, who symbolizes unity and from Kewar came actually ruling the ruler. After the Second World War, the Netherlands recognized the official kingdom.
List of kings of Lamaknen
- Dom Miguel da Silva (fl. 1732)
- Dom Sebastião Carvalho (fl. 1737)
- Gaspar Ximenes Manuel da Costa (fl. 1766)
- Dom Pedro (fl. c. 1769)
- Dato Meno (fl. 1818-1832)
- Bee Siri Loi (1867-?)
- Serang Lae (1900-1904)
- Siri Loko (1905-1916)
- Lamaknen merged into Belu Tasi Feto
- Loro Laku Malik (?-1950)
- Loro A.A. Bere Tallo (1950-2002)
- Loro Josef Kalimau (2003-)
Old maps of Timor
For old maps of Timor 1521, 1550, 1600, 1650, 1733, 1700-an, 1762, 1900: klik here
Source (only indon. language)
– Sejarah Lamaknen (bah. german): https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lamaknen
– Daftar raja Lamaknen (bah. german): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_rulers_of_Timor#Kings_of_Lamaknen_.28Maere.29.5B57.5D