The kingdom of Adonara is located on the island of Adonara, District Flores Timur, Prov. Nusa Tenggara Timur. This kingdom was founded in 1650.
Location of the island of Adonara
* Foto’s kingdom of Adonara: below
* Foto’s of kingdoms on Adonara: link
* Video history kingdoms on Adonara and Nusa Tenggara Timur, 40.000 BC – today: link
KINGDOM OF ADONARA
About the king
The descendent-heir is (2014) Muhammad Banjir Eke.
Arifin Nueng Ape is a descendent of the king of Adonara, but not the last king, he is a descendent of King Mohammed Nur, who ruled before the last king Bapa Kaya and the last king Mohammed Eke.
Son of the king of Adonara: Muhammad Banjir Eke (augustus 2014)
History of the kingdoms of the island of Adonara
– Video history of the kingdoms of Nusa Tenggara Timur: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8x3xQIr6Xw
There are 3 kingdoms on the island of Adonara:
* Terong and
These 3 kingdoms together with the 2 kingdoms on the island of Solor (Lamakera and Lohayong) are called Watan Lima. The descendents are supposed to be Bugis.
Local history on Adonara is documented from the 16th century, when Portuguese traders and missionaries established a post on the nearby island of Solor. By that time Adonara and the surrounding islands were ritually divided between a population of coastal dwellers known as Paji, and a population mainly settling the mountainous inland called Demon.
The Paji were susceptible to Islam, while the Demon tended to fall under Portuguese influence. The Paji areas on Adonara contained three principalities, namely Adonara proper (centered on the north coast of the island), and Terong and Lamahala (on the south coast). Together with two principalities on Solor (Lohayong and Lamakera), they constituted a league called Watan Lema (“the five shores”).
The Watan Lema allied with the Dutch East India Company (VOC) in 1613, confirmed in 1646. The Adonara principalities had frequent feuds with the Portuguese in Larantuka on Flores, and were not always obedient to the Dutch authorities. In the course of the nineteenth century, the ruler of Adonara (proper) in the north strengthened his position in the Solor Archipelago; by then, he was also the overlord of parts of eastern Flores and Lembata. The Demon areas stood under the suzerainty of the principality of Larantuka, which in turn was under Portuguese rule until 1859, when it was ceded to the Netherlands. The principalities of Larantuka and Adonara (proper) were abolished by the Indonesian government in 1962.
– Source: Wiki
List of kings of the kingdom of Adonara
* c. 1650: Foramma,
* 1671-1684: Boli saya,
* 1684-1688: Eke (murdered)
* c. 1702: Gogok,
* 1688-1719: Wuring (brother of Eke),
* 1719-1756: Boli II (child of Wuring), 1719- after 1756 known as ruler
* c. 1815: Jou,
* c. 1832: Lakabella Jou (child of Jou),
* 1850 (28 juli): Begu,
* 1850-1857: Pela (ng) (child of Begu),
* 1857-1868: Jou (brother of Pela),
* 1868-1893: Kamba Begu (brother of Lakabella),
* 1893: Bapa Tuan (child of Kamba Begu), temporary Raja in 1893 for 6 months
* 1893 (atau 1894)-1930 (18 desember) : Arkiang Kamba (Arakang; brother of Bapa Tuan, born 1866.),
* 1930-1935: Bapa Ana (child of sister of Kamba Begu), Bupati with the title Kapitan, was sentenced to life imprisonment 1935 and send to Kupang,
* 1941-1947: Bapa Nuhur, (child of Gela, son of Bapa Tuan, born 1915),
* 1947-1951: Bupati, Bapa Kaya, (child od Bapa Ana, died 1954/12/01),
* 1951-1962: Mohamad Eke (great-grandchild of Raja Jo, 1929 -. C 1985), first called assistent of the government during the reign of Bapa Kaya and also of Kapitan Adonara. Died 1979.
Maps (click for larger)
Map of the kingdoms of Adonara, Lohayong, Lamakera, Terong, Lamahala, Labata
Source (only indon. language)
– Sejarah kerajaan Adonara di Wiki: link
– Sejarah kerajaan Adonara: https://ikrampoetra.wordpress.com/2012/08/04/sejarah-kerajaan-adonara/
– Sejarah kerajaan Adonara: http://lewobahan.blogspot.co.id/2014/08/sejarah-kerajaan-adonara-sejarah-lokal.html
– Daftar raja: https://id.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kerajaan_Adonara#Raja_Adonara
– Daftar raja: http://lewobahan.blogspot.co.id/2014/08/sejarah-kerajaan-adonara-sejarah-lokal.html
– Asal usul pulau Adonara: http://santipelu888.blogspot.co.id/2013/05/asal-usul-adonara.html
– Sejarah pulau Adonara: http://bolengatumatan.blogspot.co.id/
– Sejarah pulau Adonara: http://ferdiboro93.blogspot.co.id/2014/10/sejarah-adonara.html
– Suku Adonara: http://protomalayans.blogspot.co.id/2012/11/suku-adonara-nusa-tenggara-timur.html
An old house from the legacy of the Adonara kingdom with an ancient cannon in front of it which is in the area of the Adonara village which was built on hills.Foto: Ebed de Rosary/Mongabay Indonesia
The stone fence surrounds the palace of King Adonara in the village of Sagu and inside is an old well and the ruins of the king’s bathing pool.Foto : Ebed de Rosary/Mongabay Indonesia
A table of the kingdom of Adonara
King Adonara was present as a mediator or peacemaker for the war between Sukutokan-Witihama
King Adonara in 1973 welcomed guests from the Vatican.
King of Adonara Ara Kian Kamba.
King of Adonara Kamba Begu with the Sultan of Lampung (1889)
King Arkian Kamba on the deck of his ship (1907)