The kingdom of Adonara is located on the island of Adonara, District Flores Timur, Prov. Nusa Tenggara Timur.
* Foto’s of kingdoms on Adonara: link
About the king
The descendent-heir is (2014) Muhammad Banjir Eke.
Arifin Nueng Ape is a descendent of the king of Adonara, but not the last king, he is a descendent of King Mohammed Nur, who ruled before the last king Bapa Kaya and the last king Mohammed Eke.
Son of the king of Adonara: Muhammad Banjir Eke (augustus 2014)
History of the kingdoms on Adonara
There are 3 kingdoms on the island of Adonara:
* Terong and
These 3 kingdoms together with the 2 kingdoms on the island of Solor (Lamakera and Lohayong) are called Watan Lima. The descendents are supposed to be Bugis.
The history of Adonara is documented since the sixteenth century, when Portuguese traders and missionaries set up a post near the the island of Solor. At that time Adonara Island and surrounding islands were divided among coastal residents, known as Paji, and residents of the mountains called Demon.
The Paji easily accepted the Islam, while he Demon came under Portuguese influence. Adonara region belonged to the Paji and included three kingdoms, namely Adonara (centered on the northern coast of the island), Terong and Lamahala (on the south coast). Together with the two kingdoms on the island of Solor, Loyahong and Lamakera, they formed an alliance, called Watan Lema (“five beach”). Watan Lema cooperate with the VOC in 1613 and confirmed in 1646.
The Adonara kingdom itself often hostility by the Portuguese in Larantuka, Flores, and not always obeyed the Dutch. In the nineteenth century, the ruler in northern Adonara strengthend his position on Solor Islands; at that time, he also became the ruler of the eastern part of Flores and Lembata. Demon region stood under Larantuka royal power, which was under Portuguese rule until 1859, when they were handed over to the Netherlands. Larantuka and Adonara kingdom was abolished by the Indonesian government in 1962.
– Source: Wiki
List of Kings of the kingdom of Adonara
* c. 1650: Foramma,
* 1671-1684: Boli saya,
* 1684-1688: Eke (murdered)
* c. 1702: Gogok,
* 1688-1719: Wuring (brother of Eke),
* 1719-1756: Boli II (child of Wuring), 1719- after 1756 known as ruler
* c. 1815: Jou,
* c. 1832: Lakabella Jou (child of Jou),
* 1850 (28 juli): Begu,
* 1850-1857: Pela (ng) (child of Begu),
* 1857-1868: Jou (brother of Pela),
* 1868-1893: Kamba Begu (brother of Lakabella),
* 1893: Bapa Tuan (child of Kamba Begu), temporary Raja in 1893 for 6 months
* 1893 (atau 1894)-1930 (18 desember) : Arkiang Kamba (Arakang; brother of Bapa Tuan, born 1866.),
* 1930-1935: Bapa Ana (child of sister of Kamba Begu), Bupati with the title Kapitan, was sentenced to life imprisonment 1935 and send to Kupang,
* 1941-1947: Bapa Nuhur, (child of Gela, son of Bapa Tuan, born 1915),
* 1947-1951: Bupati, Bapa Kaya, (child od Bapa Ana, died 1954/12/01),
* 1951-1962: Mohamad Eke (great-grandchild of Raja Jo, 1929 -. C 1985), first called assistent of the government during the reign of Bapa Kaya and also of Kapitan Adonara. Died 1979.
Maps (click for larger)
Map of the kingdoms of Adonara, Lohayong, Lamakera, Terong, Lamahala, Labata
Source (only indon. language)
– Sejarah kerajaan Adonara di Wiki: link
– Sejarah kerajaan Adonara: https://ikrampoetra.wordpress.com/2012/08/04/sejarah-kerajaan-adonara/
– Sejarah kerajaan Adonara: http://lewobahan.blogspot.co.id/2014/08/sejarah-kerajaan-adonara-sejarah-lokal.html
– Daftar raja: https://id.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kerajaan_Adonara#Raja_Adonara
– Daftar raja: http://lewobahan.blogspot.co.id/2014/08/sejarah-kerajaan-adonara-sejarah-lokal.html
– Asal usul pulau Adonara: http://santipelu888.blogspot.co.id/2013/05/asal-usul-adonara.html
– Sejarah pulau Adonara: http://bolengatumatan.blogspot.co.id/
– Sejarah pulau Adonara: http://ferdiboro93.blogspot.co.id/2014/10/sejarah-adonara.html
– Suku Adonara: http://protomalayans.blogspot.co.id/2012/11/suku-adonara-nusa-tenggara-timur.html