Kingdom of Kubu: 1772 – 1958. Located on Kalimantan, in the District of Kubu Raya, prov. of West Kalimantan.
Title of the king: Yang Dipertuan Besar.
District of Kubu Raya
* Foto kingdom of Kubu: link
Line of kingdoms on Kalimantan: link
Foto kingdoms on Kalimantan
Video history kingdoms on Kalimantan
– Video history kingdoms on Kalimantan, 45.000 BC – 2017: link
– Video history kingdoms on West Kalimantan, 45.000 BC – today: link
– Video history kingdoms on Central / South Kalimantan, 1AD – 2020: link
– Video history kingdoms on East / North Kalimantan, 1AD – 2020: link
– Video history of the sultanate of Banjar: link
KINGDOM OF KUBU
Revival of the Sultanate in 2015
11 jan. 2015
Syarif Rafik bin Yusuf Alaydrus was installed, after a vacuum of 56 years, as king of Kubu with the title Pangeran Mangkunegara Kerajaan Kubu.
About the king today
26 and 27 Augustus 2017
Two rival kings of Kubu were installed.
1) Syarif Syahril bin Syarif Usman bin Syarif Abbas as king of Kubu, installed on 26 augustus 2017.
2) Sy. Zulfi bin Ismail Alaydrus as king of Kubu, installed on 27 augustus 2017.
History of the kingdom of Kubu, 1772 – 1958
Google translation !
The history of the Kubu Kingdom has a close relationship with the history of the Pontianak Sultanate. History deserves to be indebted to the small group of Arab adventurers and merchants who stopped there for the emergence and establishment of these two kingdoms in the first place. That is when 45 Arab explorers who came from the Hadramaut area in the South of the Arabian Peninsula, who initially aimed to make profit by trading in the seas of the Far-East (Asia) anchored there. Ancestors and Tuan Besar (King) of the Kingdom of the first stronghold, namely Syarif Idrus Al-Idrus son-in-law of Tuan Besar (Panembahan) Mampawa (Mempawah). He, Syarif Idrus is also the brother-in-law of the first sultan of the Pontianak Sultanate (Al-Qadri). Initially, Syarif Idrus built a village near the mouth of the Terentang River, southwest of the island of Borneo.
Like his cousin’s family (Al-Qadri), the Sharif Idrus Al-Idrus (the Idrusi) family grew into a wealthy family through advanced trade. They built a well-maintained relationship with the United Kingdom during the reign of Governor-General Sir Thomas Stanford Raffles (who founded Singapore), when Raffles was assigned to the Dutch East Indies. This relationship continued until after the return of the Dutch to Indonesia (Dutch East Indies) and the initiation of the construction of the island of Singapore.
However, this relationship was not favored by the Kingdom of the Netherlands, which formally controlled the island of Borneo based on the treaty of the nations signed in 1823. Some of the Al-Idrus families had also experienced changes in their welfare at that time. Some of them left Kalimantan to escape the bad attitude of the Dutch to Sarawak, which was then the territory of the United Kingdom of Great Britain, for better hopes of success in trade. Meanwhile, the Al-Idrus family who chose to stay in the Kubu, however, did not get a better life and treatment from the Dutch government.
According to Staatsblad van Nederlandisch Indië, voor het jaar 1849, this area is included in the wester-afdeeling van Borneo based on Bêsluit van den Minister van Staat, Gouverneur-Generaal van Nederlandsch-Indie, on 27 August 1849, No. 8.
The Dutch government demoted Syarif Abbas Al-Idrus from the position of Master of the Kingdom of the Kubu for the support of his cousin, Syarif Zainal Al-Idrus when there was a struggle for the kingship in 1911. In the end he proved to be having difficulties in government and was dethroned without having an heir/successor. obviously, eight years later. The absence of an heir to the throne was only appointed and ratified after several years. So that the existing royal officials during that period were only “temporary rulers”.
After a while, Syarif Salih finally received the great honor of the authority to serve as king, but was later held back when the Japanese army arrived at the Foreman, in 1943.
The Royal Council and the Noble Family did not easily approve the change of the Kingdom to Syarif Salih. Until finally Japan placed the youngest son of the previous king, Syarif Hasan, as the leader of the Royal Council, but this had not happened because Japan first lost in World War II and left Indonesia. In fact, he only received approval as Leader of the Kingdom (Tuan Besar) Kubu in 1949, after the Indonesian Government was formed. The Kubu Kingdom itself finally ended and disappeared when it was abolished by the Government of the Republic of Indonesia in 1958.
List of Kings
* 1772 – 1795: Sayyid Idrus bin Sayyid ‘Abdu’l Rahman al-Idrus, Tuan Besar Kubu
* 1795 – 1829: Syarif Muhammad ibni al-Marhum Syarif Idrus al-Idrus, Yang di-Pertuan Besar Kubu.
* 1829 – 1841: Syarif ‘Abdul Rahman ibni al-Marhum Syarif Muhammad al-Idrus, Yang di-Pertuan Besar Kubu.
* 1841 – 1864: Syarif Ismail ibni al-Marhum Syarif ‘Abdu’l Rahman al-Idrus, Yang di-Pertuan Besar Kubu.
* 1864 – 1871: Syarif Hasan ibni al-Marhum Syarif ‘Abdu’l Rahman al-Idrus, Yang di-Pertuan Besar Kubu.
* 1900 – 1911: Syarif ‘Abbas ibni al-Marhum Syarif Hasan ‘Ali al-Idrus, Yang di-Pertuan Besar Kubu.
* 1911 – 1921: Syarif Muhammad Zainal Idrus ibni al-Marhum Syarif Ismail al-Idrus, Tuan Besar Kubu.
* 1921 – 1943: Syarif Salih ibni al-Marhum Idrus al-Idrus, Tuan Besar Kubu.
* 1943 – 1958: Syarif Hasan ibni al-Marhum Syarif Muhammad Zainal Idrus al-Idrus, Tuan Besar Kubu.
* 11 jan. 2015: Syarif Rafik bin Yusuf Alaydrus dilantik sebagai Raja Kubu.
– Sumber / Source: https://id.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kerajaan_Kubu
Source (only indon. language)
– Sejarah kerajaan Kubu di Wiki: link
– Sejarah kerajaan Kubu di Royalark: link
– Sejarah kerajaan Kubu: http://kesultanankadriah.blogspot.co.id/2011/02/kalimantan-baratdalam-lintasan.html
– Keraton Kertamulya: http://celoteh-warga.blogspot.co.id/2011/11/lembaga-pelestarian-keraton-kertamulya.html
– Daftar Raja Kubu: https://id.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kerajaan_Kubu