The kingdom of Abui is a very old kingdom on the island of Alor, prov. Nusa Tenggara Timur.
* Foto kingdoms on Alor: link
History of the kingdom of Abui
According to the images circulated in the Alor community, the oldest kingdom in Alor Regency is the Abui kingdom in the hinterland of the Alor mountains and the Munaseli kingdom at the eastern end of Pantar island. Once, these two kingdoms were involved in a Magic War. They use supernatural powers to destroy each other. Munaseli sends bees to Abui instead Abui sends a hurricane and fire to Munaseli. This war was finally won by Munaseli.
It is said that the skull king Abui who led the war is currently still stored in a cave in Mataru. The next kingdom that was founded was a clever kingdom located near the kingdom of Munaseli and the Kingdom of Bali Flower centered on Alor Besar. The neighboring Munaseli and Clever were finally involved in a war that led Munaseli to seek help from the king of Majapahit kingdom, having previously lost the war against Abui.
People of Alor in the past
Kingdoms on the island of Alor
NB: kerajaan = kingdom
History of the island of Alor
More than 15 different indigenous languages are spoken on Alor, the majority of them classified as Papuan or non-Austronesian. These include Abui, Adang, Hamap, Kabola, Kafoa, Woisika, Kelon, and Kui. In addition, Alorese is a Malayo-Polynesian language.
Island of Alor
Source (only in indon. language)
– Tentang Suku Abui: http://protomalayans.blogspot.co.id/2012/11/suku-abui-nusa-tenggara-timur.html
– Sejarah pulau Alor di Wiki: link
– Alor dulu dan sekarang: http://alor-kenari.blogspot.co.id/2012/01/alor-dulu-dan-sekarang.html
– Tentang Suku Alor: http://suku-dunia.blogspot.nl/2014/08/sejarah-suku-alor-di-nusa-tenggara.html
– Sejarah pulau Alor: http://posalor.blogspot.co.id/2014/02/sejarah-pulau-alor.html
– Masuknya Islam di Alor: http://bz69elzam.blogspot.nl/2008/08/sekilas-sejarah-masuknya-islam-di-alor.html