About the king today (2018)
King of Siantar: Tuan Sang Nuan Damanik of Siantar.
The kingdom of Simalungun was finally able to attend the Festival of Keraton Nusantara (FKN) XI held in Cirebon city from 15 to 19 September 2017. The three heirs of King Simalungun who came from the Kingdom of Dologsilou – clan Purba Tambak, Kingdom Raya – Saragih Garingging and Siantar Kingdom – the Damanic clan.
There was an interesting thing that happened at the Welcome Dinner which was held on Friday night (15/9/2017) to welcome all participants of Kraton Nusantara XI Cirebon Festival. Because of the new participants, there was a sense of curiosity from the people who attended to meet and take selfie photos with the kings of the Simalungun kingdom. The participation of 3 royal heirs from Simalungun at this festival is a historic moment for the royal family of Simalungun and for the people of Simalungun generally.
History of the kingdom
Siantar kingdom and the kingdoms of Tanah Jawa, Dolok Silou and Pane were dominated by the clans of Damanik, Sinaga, Dasuha and Purba, funded by Aceh and founded by Aceh and became four kingdoms (harajaon na opat). This happened in the 16th century, during the reign of Iskandar Muda, who wanted to unite east Sumatera under the rule of Aceh (Damanik, 2008: 1) (awisaragih.blogspot.com). The last king of the dynasty clan of Damanik, namely Tuan Sangnawaluh Damanik (1882-1904), who ruled as the 14th king of Dynasty Siantar (1350-1904). Siantar kingdom was in Pematangsiantar.
District Simalungun today with the boundaries of the old kingdoms
History of the kingdoms in the Simalungun area
In its history there are 3 (three) phases of kingdoms, that once ruled and reigned in Simalungun.
The first phase is the two kingdom phase (harajaon na dua):
NB: Marga = Clan
The second phase is the phase of 4 kingdoms:
The third phase is the phase of 7 kingdoms:
* Kingdom of Siantar (marga Damanik),
* Kingdom of Panai (marga Purba Dasuha),
* Kingdom of Silau (marga Purba Tambak),
* Kingdom of Tanoh Jawa (marga Sinaga),
* Kingdom of Raya (marga Saragih Garingging),
* Kingdom of Purba (marga Purba Pakpak) dan
* Kingdom of Silimakuta (marga Purba Girsang) (Damanik, 2010:1-2).
This third phase begins with the actions of the Dutch government to form a government in the Simalungun region, by treating Belsuit Governor General of the Dutch East Indies Stbl. No 531 of 1906 with the arrangement of seven Kingdoms, called “Napal Kings”.
Map of kingdoms in North Sumatera, 19th century
Source Siantar (indon. language)
– Sejarah kerajaan Siantar: http://sopopanisioan.blogspot.co.id/2014/04/kerajaan-kerajaan-di-simalungun.html
– Sejarah kerajaan Siantar: http://awisaragih.blogspot.co.id/2011/03/kerajaan-simalungun-dan-siantar.html
– Tentang Raja Siantar, Nang Naualuh Damanik dan Belanda: https://budayadansejarahsimalungun.wordpress.com/sejarah/sang-naualuh-damanik-raja-siantar-ang-dibuang-belanda-ke-bengkalis/
– Tentang istana kerajaan Siantar: http://www.metrosiantar.com/2016/01/09/230109/istana-kerajaan-siantar-akan-ditata/
Source Simalungun (indon. language)
– Sejarah kerajaan Simalungun: http://uun-halimah.blogspot.co.id/2007/12/raja-dan-kerajaan-di-simalungun.html
– Sejarah kerajaan Simalungun: http://awisaragih.blogspot.co.id/2011/03/kerajaan-simalungun-dan-siantar.html
– Sejarah kerajaan Simalungun: http://tondangmargana.blogspot.co.id/2013/02/sejarah-singkat-kerajaan-kerajaan.html
– Marga marga Simalungun: link
– Sejarah marga Purba di Wiki: Wiki
– Sejarah marga Saragih di Wiki: link
– Sejarah marga Sinaga di Wiki: link
– Sejarah marga Damanik di Wiki: link
– Asal usul marga Damanik: http://wansenparluhutandamanik.blogspot.co.id/
– Asal usul bangsa Simalungun: link