The kingdom of Tambusai was located on Sumatera, in District Rokan Hulu, province of Riau.
District Rokan Hulu
History of the kingdom of Tambusai
The kingdom of Tambusai was once ruled by the king the XIV: Sri Sulthan Ibrahim with the title of Duli Yang Dipertuan Besar. During his reign Islam was very rapidly growing along the Rokan river. Although the influence of Hinduism was still felt in the life of the community, especially in traditional ceremonies. But Islam was very accepted by society.
Because Islam had been embraced by the people of the kingdom of Tambusai, then in every Kerapatan Negri, the King and his staff held always meetings always include the class of Religion. Where this religious group was called the Imam. The king was given the title of Imam, namely Imam Maulana Kali, who came from the Rambah Kingdom not far from the Kingdom of Tambusai.
Imam Maulana Kali had a wife named Munah, who came from Tambusai nagari from the clan Kandang Kopuh. And she had a son named Muhammad Saleh; Muhammad was called Tuanku Tambusai. He was born in Dalu-Dalu on November 5, 1784. And he is known as a National Hero from Riau.
Region of Rokan
List of kings
* 850-951: Raja I. Sultan Mahyudin with the title Mohamad Kahar
* Raja II. Sultan Zainal
* Raja III. Sultan Ahmad
* Raja IV. Sultan Abdullah
* Raja V. Sultan Syaifuddin
* Raja VI. Sultan Abdurahaman
* Raja VII. Sultan Duli Yang Dipertuan Tua
* Raja VIII. Sultan Duli Yang Dipertuan Akhir Zaman
* Raja IX. Sultan Duli Yang Dipertuan Saidi Muhamil
* Raja X. Sultan Duli Yang Dipertuan Sakti
* Raja XI. Sultan Duli Yang Dipertuan Ngagap
* Raja XII. Sultan Duli Yang Dipertuan Akhir Zaman
* Raja XIII. Sultan Duli Yang Dipertuan Djumadil Alam (Abdul Hamid)
* Raja XIV. Sultan Duli Yang Dipertuan Besar
* 1864-1887: Raja XV. Sultan Abdul Wahid
* 1887-1916: Raja XVI.Sultan Zainal Abidin
* 1916: Raja XVII. Sultan Ahmad (Glr T. Muhamad Silung 1916)
* Raja XVIII. Yang Dipertuan Tengku Muhammad Yudo
* Raja XIX. Tengku Ilyas with the title Tengku Sulung.
History of the kingdoms in Rokan area
Rokan is the name of a river that divides the island of Sumatra in the middle, empties to the North of the Island (the Strait of Malacca). This area is the area of the kingdom of Rokan Tua, known to exist in the 13th century, when it was recorded in the “Kertagama Country” by Prapanca, written in 1364 AD.
Until now the name Rokan also still exists as can be seen in the development of Rokan Tua’s kingdom until now. According to Muchtar Lutfi, Wan Saleh in the history of Riau, who became the King of Rokan in the 14-15th century were descendents from Sultan Sidi, brother of Sultan Sujak, described in the book Sulalatus Salatin, which states that the king of Rokan is the son of Sultan Sidi brother of Sultan Sujak.
The Rokan Kingdom is based in Koto Intan, a place near Kotolamo and moved to Pekaitan and eventually moved to Rantau Kasai (in Siarang-arang). After that there is no mention of the name Rokan Kingdom again.
Rokan region was divided in Rokan Hilir and Rokan Kanan.
(Nb: kerajaan = kingdom)
Rokan Hulu was split up into 5 kingdoms:
* Kerajaan Tambusai in Dalu-dalu,
* Kerajaan Rambah in Pasirpengarayan,
* Kerajaan Kepenuhan in Kototongah,
* Kerajaan Rokan IV Koto, in Rokan,
* Kerajaan Kuntodarussalam in Kotolamo.
Kingdoms in Riau 19 th century, incl. Tambusai