The kingdom of Bawean was located on Jawa, on the island of Bawean, District Gresik, Jawa Timur.
This kingdom was founded in the 16th century.
Location of the island of Bawean
Line of kingdoms on Jawa: link
Foto kingdoms on Jawa
* Foto sultans and raja’s, still on Jawa link
* Foto keratons (palaces) still on Jawa: link
* Foto Batavia (Jakarta) in the past: link
* Foto Jawa in the past: link
* Attack on Batavia by Sultan Agung, 1628/1628: link
* Foto Diponegoro war, 1825: link
* Foto old sites on Jawa: link
Video history kingdoms on Jawa
– Video rulers of the sultanate of Mataram, 1556 – 2020: link
– Video history of the sultanate of Mataram, 1576-2020: link
– Video history of the kingdom of Medang Mataram Hindu, 752 – 1045: link
– Video history of the kingdom of Majapahit, 1293 – 1527: link
– Video rulers of Majapahit until the sultanate of Mataram, 1293 – 1587: link
– Video history of kingdoms on East Jawa, 1.5 million BC – 2020: link
– Video history of kingdoms on West Jawa, 3000 BC – 2020: link
– Video history of kingdoms on Central Jawa, 1.5 million BC – 2020: link
KINGDOM OF BAWEAN
About the king today (2018)
Foto (2013): member of the dynasty-family of the kingdom of Bawean: YM Raden Abdul Wahib.
History of the kingdom, 16th century
BAWEAN name appeared in the 13th century, this name was given by Majapahit (one of the largest kingdom in the archipelago) which anchored in Bawean after the ship hit by storm and called it BAWEAN which in sansakerta means sunrise. Based on the manuscripts that exist in Sangkapura, Bawean island was previously known as Majdi Island because of its round shape like a coin.
Beginning of the 16th century precisely in 1501 Islam entered the Bawean brought by Sayyid Maulana Ahmad Sidik or known by the name of Maulana Umar Mas’ud or Prince Perigi as well as running the governance on the island of Bawean next Bawean Island led by descendants Umar Masud such as Purbonegoro, Cokrokusumo and so on until the last Raden Ahmad Pashai.
In 1720-1747 Bawean Island was under a government led by the prince Purbonegoro, the fifth descendant of Sheikh Maulana Umar Mas’ud.
In 1870-1879 Bawean Island became an Asistent Resident Afdeeling under the Resident of Soerabaya. During this time Bawean Island was divided into two sub-districts namely Sangkapura and Tambak sub-districts led by a Wedana with the last Wedana named Mas Adi Koesoema (1899-1903).
Rulers of the kingdom
NB: Pangeran = prince
1601 – 1630: Syeikh Maulana Umar Mas’ud ( Maulana Siddik)
1630 – 1661: Raden Achmad Ilyas-Pangeran Agung
1661 – 1690: Pangeran Adipati Tjokronegoro
1690 – 1719: Pangeran Notonegoro
1719 – 1720: Pangeran Tjokroningrat
1720 – 1747: Pangeran Purbonegoro
1747 – 1789: Raden Pandji Prabunegoro-Raden Tumenggung Pandji Tjokrokusumo
Island of Bawean 1780
Source (only indon. language)
– Sejarah pulau Bawean: http://wiyonggoputih.blogspot.co.id/2015/06/sejarah-di-pulau-bawean-gresik.html
– Raja Islam pertama di Bawean: http://www.inigresik.com/2015/06/raja-islam-pertama-di-bawean.html
– Antara Surakarta dan Bawean: http://piratesboyan.blogspot.co.id/2012/05/antara-surakarta-dan-bawean.html
– Daftar penguasa Bawean: https://baweanbahasa.wordpress.com/2016/10/18/silsilah-keradenan-bawean/