The kingdom of Lohayong is located on the island of Solor, in the Provinsi Nusa Tenggara Timur.
Location of Solor
Location of Solor
* Foto kingdoms on the island of Solor: link
* Video history kingdoms on Solor and Nusa Tenggara Timur, 40.000 BV – today: link
KINGDOM OF LOHAYONG
About the King of Lohayong
King (2008): Raja H. Achmad Kalake of Lohayong.
– Source: kerajaan indonesia
Raja H. Achmad Kalake of Lohayong in 2008
About the kingdoms on Solor
There are 2 kingdoms on the island of Solor:
* Lamakera and
These 2 kingdoms together with the 3 kingdoms on the island of Adonara (Adonara, Terong and Lamahala) are called Watan Lima. The descendents are supposed to be Bugis.
Click to enlarge !
History of the island of Solor
In 1520, the Portuguese established a trading post in the village of Lamakera on the eastern side of the island as a transit harbor between Maluku and Portuguese Malacca. In 1562, Dominican priests built a palm-trunk fortress which Javanese Muslims burned down the following year. The fort was rebuilt from more durable materials and the Dominicans commenced the Christianisation of the local population. By 1590 the Portuguese and Christian population numbered about 25,000. There were, however, repeated displays of resistance against both the Portuguese and their religion; in 1598-1599, for example, the Portuguese required an armada of 90 ships to put down a Solorese uprising.
At this time, there was a conflict between the traders and the priests, so the traders left Solor and settled in Larantuka at Flores island. When the Dutch came in 1613, the priests surrendered at the first attack and were brought to Larantuka, too.
The Dutch kept the fort, but did not make a profit close to the Portuguese port. After two commanders defected to the Portuguese, they gave up Solor. In 1636 the Portuguese were attacked by the Dutch and had to abandon the fort. In 1646 the Dutch occupied the fort again. The first of the new commanders was suspended, because he married an indigenous woman. The second commander challenged the Portuguese commander to a duel and was slain. In 1648 the Dutch left and the Dominican priests returned.
Throne of the king of Lohayong
Old maps of Solor
Source (only indon. language)
– Sejarah Lamakera: http://www.kompasiana.com/ayonusatimur/sejarah-tumbuh-dan-berkembangnya-masyarakat-lamakera_54f681dda333112e068b4f3e
– Sejarah masuknya Islam di Lamakera: http://lewolamakera.blogspot.co.id/2014/08/sejarah-masuknya-agama-islam-di-lamakera.html
– Suksesi kerajaan Lamakera, studi raja H. Ibrahim Dasy dan raja B.Shaleb Ibrahim Dasy: http://digilib.uin-suka.ac.id/18126/
– Suksesi Lamakera dalam perspektif Islam: http://digilib.uin-suka.ac.id/18126/
– Masuknya Islam di Lamakera: http://lewolamakera.blogspot.co.id/2014/08/sejarah-masuknya-agama-islam-di-lamakera.html
– Suku Solor: http://suku-dunia.blogspot.co.id/2015/01/sejarah-suku-solor.html
– Benteng Lohayong di pulau Solor: http://travel.kompas.com/read/2012/10/22/20372773/Benteng.Lohayong.Cikal.Bakal.Misi.Portugis.di.Flores.