The kingdom of Rahampu’u was a kingdom of the Matano People. Located on Sulawesi, District Luwu, prov. Sulawesi Selatan.
District of Luwu
History of the kingdom
The village of Matano in the past is thought to be the center of the ancient kingdom of Rahampu’u.
Rahampu’u kingdom was the main source of iron raw materials containing high levels of nickel, which was processed by the Luwu kingdom and then exported to Majapahit in the 12th century for a weapons.
In the early days, Matano was ruled by someone with the title Mokole. Mokole Matano founded a small kingdom. But when the Luwu kingdom flourished in the 14th century, Matano became part of the federation. The kingdoms that entered the Luwu region were called palili – their duties were to assist, obey, and fully support the rules and decisions of Luwu.
In its heyday, all humans, who lived in the kingdom of Rahampu’u were divided into 3 major groups namely:
Organisation of Rahampu’u
1) Mokole: is the ruler, leader or holder of the royal throne of Raherah’u.
2) Mohola: is the leader of all Palili, as well as Commander of the War, and also as a representative of Mokole to attend the Palili event when any event is held. Therefore, the right to become Mohola is the original descendant of Mokole Rahampu’u which is also called Mokole Motaha.
3) Pabitara: is the official spokesman of the kingdom and also as Vice Mokole to attend when from one of the tribal children held the event. In customs should be held from among Motok Mokole.
4) Bonto: is a special assistant nobleman, who is ready to assist in every activity done by Mokole.
5) Papangara: is the person in charge of delivering and informing the news to all the people.
6) Karua: is the person in charge of delivering news to every Mohola Palili.
7) Mia Mota’u: are the leaders / chiefs of each Palili.
Source (only indon. language)
– Misteri kerajaan kuno Rahampu’u: http://www.bilikmisteri.web.id/3394/misteri-kerajaan-kuno-rahampuu-di-matano.html
– Tentang kerajaan kuno Rahampu’u: https://mokolematano.com/
– Makam Raja Mokole Lukamandiu ditemukan: http://nasional.kompas.com/read/2008/11/10/13423196/makam.raja.mokole.lukamandiu.ditemukan
– Kerajaan Matano: https://sultansinindonesieblog.wordpress.com/sulawesi/kerajaan-matano/
– Makam raja La Makandiu: https://mokolematano.com/2016/01/02/makam-raja-la-makandiu/