The kingdom of Tumapel, was founded in 1222. The official name of the Singhasari Kingdom is the Tumapel Kingdom. Located on East Jawa.
See Kingdom of Singhasari.
* Foto sultans and kings, today on Jawa: link
* Foto keratons (palaces) on Jawa: link
* Foto Batavia (Jakarta) in the past: link
* Foto Jawa in the past: link
* Attack of Batavia by Sultan Agung, 1628/1628: link
* Foto Diponegoro – war, 1825: link
* Foto old sites on Jawa: link
History of the kingdom
See also: Kingdom of Singhasari
Based on the Kudadu inscription, the official name of the kingdom of Singhasari was kingdom of Tumapel. According Nagarakretagama, when it was first established in 1222, the capital of the Kingdom of Tumapel was named Kutaraja.
In 1253, King Wisnuwardhana installed his son Kertanagara as yuwaraja and renamed the capital into Singhasari. The name Singhasari was the name of the capital an mored was more famous than the name Tumapel.
Tumapel name also appears in Chinese chronicles of the Yuan Dynasty with spelling Tu–ma–pan.
Kingdoms under Majapahit