Kingdom of Kampung Radja, 1916-1946, is located on Sumatera, District of Labuhanbatu, province north Sumatera.
* Foto’s ancient sites, tribes on Sumatera and old Sumatera: link
History of the kingdom of Kampung Radja, 1916-1946
This kingdom was established in 1916 based in Tanjung Medan (now a sub-district of Kampung Rakyat Kabupaten Labuhanbatu Selatan). This kingdom was one of the five existing sultanates in Labuhanbatu area.
But this kingdom was Half Bestuur, the kingdom was not the sultanate like the other four sultanates such as the Sultanate of Kota Pinang domiciled in Pinang City, the Sultanate of Kualuh domiciled in Tanjung Pasir, Sultanate of Bilah based in the Negeri Lama, and Panai Sultanate domiciled in Labuhan Bilik .
The king who ruled the kingdom of Kampung Radja was Tengku Nong Hamzah, who came to power from January 1, 1916 until March 4, 1946. He died on July 21, 1968.
List of kings
1916-1946: Tengku Nong Hamzah ruled from 1 Januari 1916 until 4 Maret 1946.
History of the kingdoms in Labuhanbatu
The Government System of Labuhanbatu Regency before the Dutch colonialism was monarchical. The head of government was called Sultan or King, who was assisted by a man, who holds Treasurer Paduka Sri Maharaja and served as Head of Government per day (day like Prime Minister).
The Sultanates / kingdoms in the Regency of Labuhanbatu at that time consisted of 4 (four) sultanates, namely:
1. Kesultanan Kota Pinang centered in Kota Pinang.
2. Kesultanan Kualuh centered in Tanjung Pasir.
3. Kesultanan Bilah centered in Negeri Lama.
4. Kesultanan Panai centered in Labuhan Bilik.
Plus 1 (one) Half-bestuur that was Kampung Raja domiciled in Tanjung Medan.
The kingdom was established in 1916, located in Tanjung Medan (now Kecamatan Kampung Rakyat Kabupaten Labuhanbatu Selatan). This kingdom was one of five regional sultanates in Labuhanbatu.
This kingdom was Half Bestuur (semi-independent), but this kingdom was not as the other 4 kingdoms like the Sultanate 0f Kota Pinang, located in Kota Pinang, Kualuh Sultanate, based in Tanjung Pasir, Bilah kingdom centered in Negeri Lama, and the Sultanate of Panai domiciled in Labuan Bilik.
The king, who ruled the kingdom of Kampung Radja was Tengku Nong Hamzah, ruling from January 1, 1916 until March 4, 1946. He died on July 21, 1968.
Source (only indon. language)
– Sejarah kerajaan Kampung Radja: http://syaddandintaralubis.blogspot.co.id/
– Sejarah kerajaan Kampung Radja: http://syaddandintaralubis-tulisankita.blogspot.co.id/2009/12/kerajaan-kampung-radja-di-tanjung-medan.html
– Sejarah kabupaten Labuhanbatu: http://santosndrew.blogspot.nl/2013/11/sejarah-kabupaten-labuhan-batu.html