The kingdom of Mekongga is located in region of Kolaka. South east Sulawesi.
The kingdom of Mekongga exists since the 13th century.
* Foto Kingdom of Mekongga: link
About the king
9 april 2014: Ratu (Bokeo) of the kingdom of Mekongga ke-18 Kolaka, Nur Zaenab Lowa, died.
9 april 2014: Dahlan Khaerun was officially appointed as King (Bokeo) of Mekongga the 19th, in the Pendopo Makam Sangia Nibandera. He was crowned as the new king replacing Bokeo (King) Mekongga the 18th, Mburi Hj Nursainab Lowa, who died on May 4, 2014.
Installation of the Bokeo of Mekongga, 2014
History of the kingdom
Formerly the territory of the Mekongga Kingdom was called Wonua Sorume (Land of Orchid), because this region was known as the growth place of various types of orchids. The name Mekongga was only used after the kingdom was formed with the intention of perpetuating the killing of Kongga Owose (Giant Eagle Bird) by Sangia Larumbalangi, the first King of Mekongga Kingdom.
The area of Kolaka was the ancient territory of the Mekongga Kingdom, whose native populations were ethnic Tolaki (meaning brave people).
In the 14th century two people from the Sawerigading family headed to Southeast Sulawesi (Tanah Alau). Both siblings are Larumbalangi (male) and Wekoila (princess). Wekoila is a nickname, consisting of ‘We’ declaring a woman, and ‘Koila’ is a type of snail in a clean white sea. This Wekoila was a beautiful princess, her skin was pure white like a koilla. The real name of Wekoila was Tenrirawe (We Tenrirawe). Larumbalangi formed the Mekongga kingdom that resided in Wundulako, Ulu Balandete. Wekoila continued to Kendari area and founded the Konawe Kingdom.
The central government or Capital of the Mekongga Kingdom was originally located in Kolumba (Ulu Balandete), which is about six kilometers from the present Kolaka City. But in its development the government center of Mekongga Kingdom then moved to Puunaha (Wundulako area now).
The arrival of the Netherlands to this area in 1906, the structure of government was changed to consist of Bokeodan Kapita. The Kolaka region was made up of seven districts, each district was headed by a Mokole-named Anakia.
The government of the kingdom
The existence of the Adat Council in the Mekongga kingdom was very important. In fact there are customary three parts within the structure of the Mekongga Kingdom, the Mekongga Kingdom Assembly, Customary Council (Dewan Adat) and the Royal Consideration Council (Dewan Pertimbangan Kerajaan). While this adat council itself was formed in the Mekongga Raya II Congress some time ago.
Mekongga Kingdom Customary Council is one element of the kingdom. Royal customary councils are technically conducting the development and preservation of Mekongga customs and culture.
List of kings of the kingdom
In some literature, history Mekongga kingdom was led by 17 kings before the Dutch colonized this land. As the foundation stone of the formation of the kingdom, were two brothers, namely Sangia Larumbalangi (1200-1260) and Wekoila, which then traveled alone to Konawe.
* 1200-1260: Sangia Larumbalangi
* 1260-1320: Pasca Larumbalangi, continuating of the rule by Sangia Lakonggu
* 1320-1380: Sangia Melanga
* 1380-1430: Sangia Lagaliso
* 1430-1490: Sangia Lamba-Lambasa/Rumbalasa
* 1490-1550: Sangia Lombo-lombo/Sabulombo
* 1550-1630: Sangia Teporambe/Nilulo
* 1630-1680: Sangia Ladumaa/Nibandera
* 1680-1690: Bokeo Lasikiri
* 1690-1780: Bokeo Lasipole
* 1780-1781: Bokeo Robe
* 1781-1840: Bokeo Mburi
* 1840-1905: Bokeo Bula
* 1905-1932: Bokeo Latambaga
* 1932-1945: Bokeo Indumo
* 1945-1949: Bokeo Guru
* 1949: Bokeo Puuwatu/Hadi.
* 9 april 2014: Bokeo XVIII, Nur Saenab Lowa, died,
* 9 april 2015: Coronation of king (Mokole) Mekongga the 19: Drs H. Khaerun Dahlan, MM.
Source (only indon. language)
– Sejarah kerajaan Mekongga di Wiki: link
– Sejarah kerajaan Mekongga: http://kdir-wundulako.blogspot.co.id/2012/05/sejarah-mekongga.html
– Sejarah kerajaan Mekongga: http://www.kolaka.go.id/index.php/en/mengenal/sejarah-daerah-mekongga
– Sejarah kerajaan Mekongga: http://www.kolaka.go.id/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=48&Itemid=149&lang=en
– Daftar Raja: link
– Masuknya agama Islam: http://bloghistoris.blogspot.co.id/2010/12/masuknya-agama-islam-di-kerajaan.html
– Ratu Mekongga meninggal 4-5-2014: link
Penobatan raja baru (2015)
– Kunjungan ke kediaman keluarga asli keturunan kerajaan Mekongga (sept. 2013): link