The Kingdom of Sekala Brak is located at the foot of Mount Pesagi (highest mountain in Lampung), Prov. Lampung, Sumatra.
Sekak Brak (Read: Sekala Bekhak) is a kingdom characterized by Hinduism and is known as the Kingdom of Hindu Sekak Brak. After the arrival of the Four Umpu from Pagaruyung, who spread Islam, the Kingdom of the Hindu Skala Brak then changed to Kepaksian Sekala Brak, consisting of 4 Paksi.
The Kingdom of Skala Brak is already known in the 3rd / 4th century.
Lokation of Gunung (mountain) Pesagi
Line history kingdoms on Sumatera: link
Foto kingdoms / sultanates on Sumatera
Video history of the kingdoms / sultanates on Sumatera
SULTANATE OF SKALA BRAK
The Sultans of Skala Brak today (2020)
The kingdom of Skala Brak consists of 4 Paksi, and each Paksi has its own sultan.
1) Sultan kepaksian Nyerupa: Piekulun Jayadiningrat
For Paksi Nyerupa, klik di sini
2) Sultan kepaksian Bejalan di Way: Selayar Akbar, SE Akt., gelar Sultan Jayakesuma ke-IV.
For Paksi Bejalan di Way: klik di sini
3) Sultan kepaksian Pernong, Edward Syah Pernong, sultan ke-23
For Paksi Pernong, klik di sini
4) Sultan kepaksian Belunguh, Pangeran Junjungan Sakti
For Paksi Belunguh, klik di sini
History of the kingdom of Skala Brak, 3d century
Kepaksian Skala Brak existed already in the 3th / 4th century. It was a Hindu kingdom. The existence of the kingdom is based on evidences of historical relics, like the existence of a big slate in Bunuk Tuar, the kepapang stone and the site of Bekhak.
The kingdom of Skala Brak collapsed, when Islamic teaching started to come in this area.
There were Empat Umpu, who arrived in Skala Brak. These 4 Umpu’s were Umpu Belunguh, Umpuh Pernong, Umpu Berjalan di Way and Umpu Nyerupa.
In Skala Brak those 4 Umpu’s established an association named Paksi Pak.
The 4 Umpu’s had a big role in establishing Skala Brak Kingdom. Later this kingdom was divided in 4 regions and each of the 4 Umpu’s became its leader:
1. Umpu Bejalan Di Way ruled in the region of Kembahang and Balik Bukit; this region was called Paksi Buay Bejalan di Way,
2. Umpu Belunguh ruled the region Belalau, this region was called Paksi Buay Belunguh,
3. Umpu Nyerupa ruled the region Sukau, this region was called Paksi Buay Nyerupa,
4. Umpu Pernong ruled Batu Brak, this region was called Paksi Buay Pernong.
So, the governmental structure of Skal Brak kingdom was divided into 4 Paksi’s: Buay Bejalan di Way, Buay Belunguh, Buau Nyerupa and Buay Pernong.
Location of the kingdom of Skala Brak
Skala Brak is located at the foot of Mount Pesagi (highest mountain in Lampung), West Lampung district.
– History of kingdom of Skala Brak: http://fakhri-tutor.blogspot.co.id/2009/10/kingdom-brak-scale-language-indonesia-1.html