The kingdom of Talaga Manggung was located in District Majalengka, prov. Jawa Barat.
This kingdom existed before the 15th century.
* Foto sultans and kings, today on Jawa: link
* Foto keratons (palaces) on Jawa: link
* Foto Batavia (Jakarta) in the past: link
* Foto Jawa in the past: link
* Attack of Batavia by Sultan Agung, 1628/1628: link
* Foto Diponegoro – war, 1825: link
* Foto old sites on Jawa: link
History of the kingdom
The Talaga Manggung Kingdom or called the Talaga Kingdom was a kingdom located in the southern region of Majalengka Regency; it was an independent sovereign state, founded by Rhakeyan Sudhayasa (batara gunung bitung), During its heyday, the Talaga kingdom was ruled by Prabu Talagamanggung, therefore the Talaga kingdom is known as the Talagamanggung kingdom.
Talaga Manggung Kingdom was founded before the 15th century, by Sunan Talaga as the son of Pandita Prabu Darmasuci, son of Batara Gunung Picung, son of Suryadewata, the youngest son of the Sundanese Maharaja named Ajiguna Linggawisesa (1333-1340) in Galuh Kawali, Ciamis.
List of kings
1) Batara Gunung Picung; the Hindu kingdom in Talaga existed in the 13th century, the King was a descendant of Queen Galuh who reigned in Ciamis.
2) King of Darma Suci; Also called Pandita Perabu Darma Suci. During this king’s reign, Hinduism developed rapidly in the 13th century.
3) Sunan Talaga Manggung; Little is known about the reign of this king other than his removal from Talaga to Cihaur Maja area.
4) Sunan Talaga Manggung 2; Sunan Talaga Manggung was a famous king because of his fair and wise attitude and his concern for Hinduism, agriculture, irrigation, crafts and folk art.
5) Queen Simbarkencana; Around the beginning of the 14th century, during his government the Islam spread to the areas of his power; it was brought by the Santri from Cirebon.
6) Sunan Parung; The reign of Sunan Parung was not long, just a few years. The important thing during his reign was the existence of Government Representatives called Dalem, among others placed in the area Kulur, Sindangkasih, Jerokaso Maja.
7) Queen Sunyalarang; As the sole daughter she ascended the throne to replace her father Sunan Parung and married the son of Prabu Siliwangi named Raden Rangga Mantri or better known as Prabu Pucuk Umum.
8) Rangga Mantri or Prabu Pucuk Umum; At the end of the 15th century, the people of Majalengka were Muslim. Before his death he had appointed his son to rule in his domains.
9) Sunan Wanaperih; Famous Sunan Wanaperih, in Talaga; was a king who embraced Islam as well as all people in this country all have embraced Islam. Sunan Wanaperih ruled at Walangsuji, but he was succeeded by his son Apun Surawijaya, then the center of government returned to Talaga.
Source (only indon. language)
– Sejarah kerajaan Talaga Manggung: https://tatangmanguny.wordpress.com/kontroversi/kerajaan-talaga-silsilah-yang-tumpang-tindih/
– Sejarah kerajaan Talaga Manggung di Wiki: https://id.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kerajaan_Talaga_Manggung.
– Sejarah kerajaan Talaga Manggung: http://antonsugara.blogspot.co.id/2012/03/sejarah-kerajaan-talaga-manggung.html
– Museum Talaga Manggung: http://www.disparbud.jabarprov.go.id/wisata/dest-det.php?id=948&lang=id