The Kingdom of Bukit Batu Patah was a kingdom of the Minangkabau People, District of Tanah Datar, prov. of West Sumatera. Existed in the 5th century. Existed 5th century – 14th century.
District Tanah Datar
Line history kingdoms on Sumatera: link
Foto kingdoms / sultanates on Sumatera
Video history of the kingdoms / sultanates on Sumatera
History of the kingdom of Bukit Batu Patah, 5th – 14th century
Bukit Batu Patah Kingdom was a kingdom that existed in the Minangkabau area before the founding of the Pagaruyung Kingdom and was a continuation of the Pasumayan Koto Baru Kingdom which was located in the present Tanah Datar district. The Bukit Batu Patah Kingdom was founded by Sutan Nun Alam, who still has family ties with Yang Dipertuan Bungo Kingdom Setangkai, Datuk Bandaro Putiah.
During the Bukit Batu Patah kingdom, Rajo Nan Duo Selo and Basa Ampek Balai were founded. Rajo Nan Duo Selo was Rajo Alam, who was domiciled in Bukit Batu Patah and Rajo Adat was domiciled in Bungo Satangkai. Meanwhile, Basa Ampek Balai is Bandaro which was domiciled in the Tarab River, Makhudum in Sumanik, Indomo in Sarauso, and Tuan Gadang in Batipuh.
The position of Sutan Nun Alam as king was later replaced by Run Pitualo. Later he was replaced again by Maharajo Indo. During his reign, he moved the center of the Bukit Batu Patah kingdom to the foot of Batu Patah Hill or around Nagari Pagaruyung now. During his reign, Islam had entered the East Minangkabau region.
Minangkabau People on Sumatera.
History of the kingdoms in the Minangkabau area
The Pagaruyung Kingdom was founded by King Adityawarwan in 1343, which initially covered the former Bunga Setangkai kingdom and the former Dharmasyara kingdom.
Before the Pagaruyung Kingdom in Minangkabau, there were already other kingdoms that existed:
1) Kingdom of Pasumayan Koto Batu, which was centered in Pariangan, at the foot of Mount Merapi, approximately 3 centuries BC. The famous king was Sri Maharaja Di raja, who according to Tambo Alam Minangkabau was the son of Sultan Iskandar Zulkarnaen, who came from Egypt’s Alexandria. It was during the reign of Raja Sri Maharaja Diraja that cities and nagari (countries) were formed and each city and country had a datuk as traditional leader and they were at the same time absolute representatives of the sovereigns held by Sri Maharaja Diraja in Pariangan. His son Datuk Ketumanggungan and half-brother Datuk Perpatih Nan Sebatang and his biological mother Datuk Suri Dirajo were perfecting the custom and governance arrangements.
2) Kingdom of Lagundi Nan Baselo, centered on the Padang Panjang pariangan, existed from the middle of the 2nd century AD to the middle of the 5th century AD.
3) Kingdom of Bungo Sitangkai. After the collapse of the Lagundi Nan Baselo kingdom, the Setangkai Kingdom emerged, which was centered on the Tarab river, which dates from the middle of the 5th century AD to the middle of the 14th century AD. It was led by a king who has the title Datuk Ketumanggungan.
4) Kingdom of Dusun Tuo. Along with the Setangkai Kingdom there was also the kingdom of Dusun Tuo , which was centered in Lima Kaum, which was led by a king who had the title Datuk Perpatih Nan Sabatang. This kingdom did not last long until the 5th century, when it was united with the Satangkai Kingdom. The king was then given the title of of Gajah Gadang Patah Gadiang.
5) Dharmasraya kingdom. Along with the establishment of the Setangkai Kingdom, the Dharmasraya kingdom was also established, whose kings also came from Pariangan Padang Panjang. One of the famous kings, Tri Buwana Raja Mauliwarmadewa, married Puti Lenggogeni from the Bunga Setangkai Sungai Tarab kingdom, and gave birth to 3 children, namely, Puti Paraweswari or better known as Puti Dara Jingga, mother of King Adityawarman, Puti Indraswari or better known as Puti. Dara Petak, the mother of King Jayanegara. Raja Parameswar which is also known as Akarendrawan which in tambo is better known as Tuanku Raja Muda.
6) The Kingdom of Bukit Batu Patah. See above.
Source (only indon. language)
– Sejarah Kerajaan Bukit Batu Patah: http://fortuna45.blogspot.co.id/2009/06/kerajaan-bukit-batu-patah.html
– Sejarah Kerajaan Bukit Batu Patah: https://lubukgambir.wordpress.com/2010/02/28/kerajaan-bukit-batu-patah/
– Sejarah Kerajaan Bukit Batu Patah di Wiki: Wiki
– Sejarah Kerajaan Bukit Batu Patah: http://www.bimbie.com/sejarah-kerajaan-bukit-batu-patah.htm
– Kerajaan kerajaan pendahulu Pagaruyung: http://sma94papa.blogspot.co.id/2011/02/kerajaan-kerajaan-pendahulu-pagaruyung.html
– Sejarah Sumatera Barat: https://id.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sejarah_Sumatera_Barat
– Suku Minangkabau di Wiki: Wiki