The Kingdom of Sekala Brak is located at the foot of Mount Pesagi (highest mountain in Lampung), Prov. Lampung, Sumatra.
After the arrival of the Four Umpu from Pagaruyung, who spread Islam, the Kingdom of the Hindu Skala Brak then changed to Kepaksian Sekala Brak, consisting of 4 Paksi.
The Kingdom of Skala Brak is already known in the 3rd / 4th century.
Location of Mount Pesagi
* Foto Skala Brak, Paksi Belunguh: link
About the sultan of Paksi Belunguh
Present Sultan: Yanuar Firmansyah, Pangeran Junjungan Sakti (2013).
History of the kingdom of Skala Brak
Kepaksian Skala Brak existed already in the 3th / 4th century. It was a Hindu kingdom. The existence of the kingdom is based on evidences of historical relics, like the existence of a big slate in Bunuk Tuar, the kepapang stone and the site of Bekhak.
The kingdom of Skala Brak collapsed, when Islamic teaching started to come in this area.
There were 4 Umpu’s of Pagaruyung, who arrived in Skala Brak. These 4 4 Umpu’s were Umpu Belunguh, Umpuh Pernong, Umpu Berjalan di Way and Umpu Nyerupa.
In Skala Brak those 4 Umpu’s established an association named Paksi Pak.
The 4 Umpu’s had a big role in establishing Skala Brak Kingdom. Later this kingdom was divided in 4 regions and each of the 4 figures became its leader:
1. Umpu Bejalan Di Way ruled in the region of Kembahang and Balik Bukit; this region was called Paksi Buay Bejalan di Way,
2. Umpu Belunguh ruled the region Belalau, this region was called Paksi Buay Belunguh,
3. Umpu Nyerupa ruled the region Sukau, this region was called Paksi Buay Nyerupa,
4. Umpu Pernong ruled Batu Brak, this region was called Paksi Buay Pernong.
So, the governmental structure of Skal Brak kingdom was divided into 4 Paksi’s: Buay Bejalan di Way, Buay Belunguh, Buau Nyerupa and Buay Pernong.
List of kings, Paksi Belunguh
1. Oempoe Beloengoeh
2. Oempoe Siak
3. Oempoe Depati Djoendjoengan Sakti
4. Raja Keraton Batin
5. Pangeran Bala Seribu I
6. Dalom Permata Jagat
7. Pangeran Bala seribu II
8. Pangeran Pulun I
9. Pangeran Bala Seribu III
10. Pangeran Djaja Di Lampoeng I
11. Pangeran Bala Seriboe IV
12. Batin Dengian
13. Pangeran Djaja Di Lampoeng II
14. Pangeran Ratoe Pikoeloen
15. Pangeran Permata Jagat II
16. Pangeran Djoendjoengan Sakti II
Location of the kingdom of Skala Brak
Skala Brak is located at the foot of Mount Pesagi (highest mountain in Lampung), West Lampung district.
Source Paksi Belunguh (indon. language)
– Tentang kepaksian Belunguh: http://umpubelunguh.blogspot.co.id/
– Silsilah keturunan Umpu Belunguh: http://paksibuaybelunguh.blogspot.co.id/2013/06/silsilah-keturunan-lurus-umpu-belunguh.html
Source kingdom Skala Brak (english)
– History of kingdom of Skala Brak: http://fakhri-tutor.blogspot.co.id/2009/10/kingdom-brak-scale-language-indonesia-1.html
Source kingdom of Skala Brak (only indon. language)
– Sejarah Skala Brak di Wiki: https://id.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kepaksian_Sekala_Brak
– Sejarah Skala Brak dan daftar raja: http://up45.kelaskaryawan.co.id/_b.php?_b=info&id=41700#Berdirinya_Kepaksian_Sekala_Brak
– Sejarah Skala Brak: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1363447
– Sejarah Skala Brak: https://khufronimi9.wordpress.com/sejarah-kerajaan/
– Sejarah Lampung: https://supriliwa.wordpress.com/sejarah-lampung/