The kingdom of Singhasari: 1222 – 1292. Located on East Jawa.
This kingdom was founded by Ken Arok in 1222.
Prov. Jawa Timur
* Foto old Jawa, ancient sites and Batavia: link
History of the kingdom
Singhasari was a kingdom located in east Java between 1222 and 1292. The kingdom succeeded the Kingdom of Kediri as the dominant kingdom in eastern Java.
Based on the Kudadu inscription, the official name of the kingdom was the kingdom of Tumapel. According Nagarakretagama, when it was first established in 1222, the capital of the Kingdom of Tumapel was named Kutaraja.
In 1253, King Wisnuwardhana installed his son Kertanagara as yuwaraja and renamed the capital into Singhasari.
Singhasari (alternate spelling: Singosari) was founded by Ken Arok (1182-1227/1247), whose story is a popular children’s tale in Central and East Java.
In 1292 there was an uprising by Jayakatwang, bupati of Gelanggelang. In the uprising Kertanagara, the last king of Singhasari, was killed.
After the collapse of Singhasari, Jayakatwang became king and build a new capital in the kingdom of Kediri. The Tumapel–Singhasari kingdom came to an end.
– Source: Wiki
Kingdom of Singhasari during the government of Kertanegara
List of kings
* 1222-1227: Ken Arok (engl. link)
* 1227-1248: Anusapati (engl.: link)
* 1248: Tohjoyo
* 1248-1268: Ranggawuni
* 1268-1292: Kertanegara (engl.: link)
– Source: link
– History of Singhasari: Wiki
– History of Singhasari: link
– History of Singhasari: link
Source (only indon. language)
– Sejarah kerajaan Singhasari: https://id.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kerajaan_Singhasari
– Sejarah kerajaan Singhasari: http://sejarahbudayanusantara.weebly.com/kerajaan-singasari.html
– Sejarah kerajaan Singhasari: http://www.gurusejarah.com/2015/01/kerajaan-singhasari.html
– Daftar Raja kerajaan Singhasari: link
– Nama raja kerajaan Singhasari: http://www.artikelsiana.com/2014/11/nama-raja-raja-kerajaan-singasari.html#
– Peninggalan kerajaan Singhasari: http://kisahasalusul.blogspot.com/2015/12/peninggalan-kerajaan-singasari-5-candi.html
– Prasasti dan candi peninggalan kerajaan Singhasari: https://ulvaladiartygoblog.wordpress.com/2015/11/05/prasasti-prasasti-kerajaan-singasari/
Candi Kidal is dated to be from the kingdom of Singasari.
Singhasari temple was built as a breeding place of Kertanegara, the last king of Singhasari.
Sumberawan temple is the only stupa found in East Java. With a distance of about 6 km from Singosari Temple, this temple is a relic of Singasari Kingdom and used by Buddhists at that time. The scenery around this temple is very beautiful because it is located near a very clear lake of water. It is this situation that gives the name of Rawan Temple.
Jago Temple, C is located in Kecamatan Singosari Jago Temple Architecture is arranged like a terrace of punden staircase. This temple is quite unique, because the upper part is only partly left and according to the local story because it was struck by lightning. Reliefs Kunjarakarna and Pancatantra can be found in this temple. With the entire building of this temple is composed of andesite stone materials.
Jawi Temple. This temple is located in the middle of the highway between Pandaan Sub-District Prigen and Pringebukan. Jawi temple is widely thought of as a place of worship or a place of Buddhist worship, but is actually a place of sabharmaan or storage of ash from the last king of Singhasari, Kertanegara. Some of the ash is also stored on Singhasari Temple. Both of these temples have something to do with Candi Jago which is a place of King Kertanegara worship.
The Wurare inscription is an inscription commemorating the coronation of the Mahaksobhya statue in a place called Wurare (so the inscription is called the Wurare Inscription). The inscription is written in Sanskrit, and dates 1211 Saka or 21 November 1289. The statue as a tribute and symbol for the King Kertanegara of the Singhasari kingdom, which is considered by his descendants has reached the degree of Jina (Great Buddha). While the inscription written inscribed circular on the bottom
Manjusri Inscription. The Manjusri inscription is a manuscript carved on the back of the Manjusri Statue, dated 1343, originally placed at Jago Temple (now stored in the National Museum with inventory number D. 214). Temple Jago or Temple Tumpang or Temple Jinalaya (temple) is where the origin of this statue Manjusri. The temple was originally founded on the order of the king of Kertanagara to honor his father, the king of Wisnuwardhana who died in 1268.