About the king
The king of the kingdom of Panei is from the Purba Dasuha Clan.
Last king of Panei (1886-1946): Tuan Bosar Sumalam Purba Sidasuha, king of Panei the 14th.
History of the kingdom
The kingdom of Panei is from the clan of Purba Sidasuha. From the history of the Dolok Silau Kingdom and the book of Pustaha Bandar Hanopan is known that Purba Dasuha was a clan that emerged later from the Silau Kingdom in Simalungun around the year 1450. Tuan Suha Bolak who founded the Panei Kingdom, was the son of Raja Silau named Purba Tambak, later changed his name to Purba Dasuha.
The last Panei king named Tuan Bosa Sumalam Purba Dasuha died on March 3, 1946 and the king’s palace was burned during the revolution of 1946.
List of kings Panei
1700: Panei state founded
Rulers (Sutan Gagar Alam):
* c.1775 – c.1790: Raja Marhum Mangkat Salih
* 1790 – 1813: Raja Sati
* 1813 – 1856: Raja Badiri Sutan Mengedar Alam
* 1856 – 1880: Sutan Gagar Alam I
* 1880 – 1905: Sutan Mengedar Alam Syah
* 1905 – 1907: Tengku Sulung Syahmara
* 1907 – 1938: Sutan Gagar Alam II Rahmatullah
* 1938 – 1946: Sutan Mahmud Aman
The Purba Clan
Purba is one four original clans of the Simalungun tribe originally from an area called Simalungun in the province of North Sumatra.
Etymologically Purba comes from Sanskrit, meaning purwa means east. Other meanings are future signs, pegatur, law holder, knowledge lord, scholar / scholar.
Purba was a clan of kings in the kingdom of Banua Purba, one of the kingdoms that once existed in the Simalungun area. King Purba had descendants: Tambak, Sigumonrong, Tua, Sidasuha (Sidadolog, Sidagambir). There are also the clans of Purba Siborom Tanjung, Pakpak, Girsang, Tondang, Sihala, Raya.
Ancient clans in Simalungun are still divided: Purba Pakpak, Purba Tambak, Purba Dasuha, Purba Tua, Purba Silangit, Purba Sidadolok, Purba Tondang, Purba Sigumonrong and Girsang.
District Simalungun today with the boundaries of the old kingdoms
History of the kingdoms in the Simalungun area
In its history there are 3 (three) phases of kingdoms, that once ruled and reigned in Simalungun.
The first phase is the two kingdom phase (harajaon na dua):
NB: Marga = Clan
The second phase is the phase of 4 kingdoms:
The third phase is the phase of 7 kingdoms:
* Kingdom of Siantar (marga Damanik),
* Kingdom of Panai (marga Purba Dasuha),
* Kingdom of Silau (marga Purba Tambak),
* Kingdom of Tanoh Jawa (marga Sinaga),
* Kingdom of Raya (marga Saragih Garingging),
* Kingdom of Purba (marga Purba Pakpak) dan
* Kingdom of Silimakuta (marga Purba Girsang) (Damanik, 2010:1-2).
This third phase begins with the actions of the Dutch government to form a government in the Simalungun region, by treating Belsuit Governor General of the Dutch East Indies Stbl. No 531 of 1906 with the arrangement of seven Kingdoms, called “Napal Kings”.
Map of kingdoms in North Sumatera, 19th century
Source (only indon. language)
– Tentang kerajaan Panei: http://sopopanisioan.blogspot.co.id/2014/04/kerajaan-kerajaan-di-simalungun.html
– Sejarah kerjaan Panei dan silsilah: https://sejarahsumaterautara.wordpress.com/tag/purbadasuha/
– Daftar Raja kerajaan Panei: http://www.worldstatesmen.org/Indonesia_princely_states2.html
– Tentang raja Panei XIV (1886-1946): http://www.simalungunonline.com/tuan-bosar-sumalam-purba-sidasuha.html
– Sejarah kerajaan Simalungun: http://uun-halimah.blogspot.co.id/2007/12/raja-dan-kerajaan-di-simalungun.html
– Sejarah kerajaan Simalungun: http://awisaragih.blogspot.co.id/2011/03/kerajaan-simalungun-dan-siantar.html
– Sejarah kerajaan Simalungun: http://tondangmargana.blogspot.co.id/2013/02/sejarah-singkat-kerajaan-kerajaan.html
– Sejarah Suku Simalungun di Wiki: Wiki
– Marga marga Simalungun: link
– Sejarah marga Purba di Wiki: Wiki
– Sejarah marga Saragih di Wiki: link
– Sejarah marga Sinaga di Wiki: link
– Sejarah marga Damanik di Wiki: link
– Asal usul bangsa Simalungun: link